Trade for Kirk Cousins

So much fail in one post.

Feel free to explain.

The trade deadline has passed. We have moved on. Do you have another point?

I thought Cousins looked good in the preseason....and im with you Ive also thought about the trade

I just googled it and it looks like a lot of people have. There is a couple national articles on it as well.

Edited by LiterateStylish

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No ones giving them enough to have them give up the safety net. He's not fetching a day 1 pick, and he's worth more than a three to them if they think he's any good at all.

The money they save using his contract at QB2 allows them to spend free agent dollars that better fills a hole than a 3rd rounder plus a vet backup qb would

No ones giving them enough to have them give up the safety net. He's not fetching a day 1 pick, and he's worth more than a three to them if they think he's any good at all.

The money they save using his contract at QB2 allows them to spend free agent dollars that better fills a hole than a 3rd rounder plus a vet backup qb would

Completely disagree.

A 1st or 2nd round pick is 10x more valuable than a "safety net" who plays 20 snaps a year. And considering he only has 2 seasons left until a new contract, makes it even more likely to trade him. Or do you actually think he will stay with Washington as a backup in 2 years?

keep telling youself that.

This isn't Madden right? Only in Madden do backup QB's get traded. LOL. Poor kid.

Good point. Cousins is signed to 4 years for $2.5 million; Kyle Orton, probably the best backup in the NFL, is getting $10.5 million over three years. Plus, Washington had the salary cap penalty imposed on them.

Completely disagree.

A 1st round pick is 10x more valuable than a "safety net" who plays 20 snaps a year. And considering he only has 2 seasons left until a new contract, makes it even more likely to trade him. Or do you actually think he will stay with Washington as a backup in 2 years?

This isn't Madden right? Only in Madden do backup QB's get traded. LOL. Poor kid.

He isn't getting a first round pick. From anyone.

They milk it as long as they can and hope his value grows.

Edited by NoSaint

He isn't getting a first round pick. From anyone.

You sure? Pro Football Focus said his value is a 1st round pick right now and Washington is going to listen to offers this off-season.

But maybe you're an NFL insider and you know better :worthy:

They milk it as long as they can and hope his value grows.

Probably not. Because they take the chance of his value dropping. Not something any GM is willing to do. The rumor is theyre willing to listen to offers this off-season. If they get offered a 1st or 2nd rounder, he's gone.

So much fail in one post.

Cat got your tongue? Guess you couldn't come up with anything but the trade deadline passing.

You sure? Pro Football Focus said his value is a 1st round pick right now and Washington is going to listen to offers this off-season.

But maybe you're an NFL insider and you know better :worthy:

Yes - I'm pretty sure that preseason and two mop ups don't get a 4th round grade turned into a 1st that quickly. Anything is possible if RG3 is done and he's lights out for a month, but that hasn't happened... And even then I don't see him fetching a top ten pick.

Yes - I'm pretty sure that preseason and two mop ups don't get a 4th round grade turned into a 1st that quickly. Anything is possible if RG3 is done and he's lights out for a month, but that hasn't happened... And even then I don't see him fetching a top ten pick.

A lot of people had him as a 2nd round grade. It was a pretty big shock when he dropped that far.

But besides that, I think I'll trust pro football focus over NoSaint's NFL insiders :rolleyes:

LOL - also had to laugh at "mop up". I guess "mop up" to you is coming back against of the leagues best defenses and winning the game.

As others have noted, the deadline has passed. That being said, I'd be far more comfortable trading a 3rd or 4th for Cousins than taking any of the QBs in the draft with our first or second rounder, unless our scouts really feel confident in someone.

Cousins was a third round pick. With what he has shown, his stock is only higher now, so you aren'tgetting him for a 3rd or 4th.

A second rounder plus another 2nd or 3rd conditional pick in the floowing year is more realistic, and a very small price to pay.

If Fitz didnt have that stupid contract we could trade him and a 2nd for Cousins

No one is going to trade for Fitz. Also, I believe most of his guaranteed money has been paid already ($15m), so we can cut him fairly easily, if we decide to, this offseason.

A lot of people had him as a 2nd round grade. It was a pretty big shock when he dropped that far.

But besides that, I think I'll trust pro football focus over NoSaint's NFL insiders :rolleyes:

What do they say about his 13.6 QBR in his last appearance?

And what does it say that your evaluation of sources convinced you he was a 2 but he really went in the 4th? You know, the 8th qb off the board, but worth the 8th pick this year, based on 10-12 throws, plus preseason.

QB plus high pick potentially traded equals readers. I think it'd be absolutely shocking for a variety of common sense reasons I've outlined, but your right, I'm not at PFF.

That's right... LS is ALWAYS right, and we should trade and start him next week.

What do they say about his 13.6 QBR in his last appearance?

You mean his last appearance where Washington was losing by 2 TD's when he entered the game? The game where he tossed a 75 yard TD to get them within one, and this his only INT's were thrown with under 2 minutes to go in the game when he was slinging balls downfield hoping for a miracle?

That game?

And what does it say that your evaluation of sources convinced you he was a 2 but he really went in the 4th? You know, the 8th qb off the board, but worth the 8th pick this year, based on 10-12 throws, plus preseason.

You're right. Brady isn't worth a 1st either. He went in the 6th round afterall.

That's right... LS is ALWAYS right, and we should trade and start him next week.

Im not saying im always right but if youre going to discredit me at least make a valid point.

Kolb was traded for a 1st and 2nd rounder. And he isn't nearly as good as Cousins.

He also played in close to 20 games before that trade. Cousins in a couple years might also get that hype, but a dozen passes likely didn't shoot him THAT far.

I go to MSU and have been able to watch him many times. While I think hes better then fitz, I think his ceiling is like being the 12-16 best qb in the league, that being said he would be a better starter then anyone we've had in awhile so I would way rather have him then fitz.

He's one of those guys who are better in the NFL than in college.

He also played in close to 20 games before that trade. Cousins in a couple years might also get that hype, but a dozen passes likely didn't shoot him THAT far.

Cousins already has that hype. Turn on the TV...

And uhm, Kolb started 6 games prior to that trade.