Trade for Kirk Cousins

The announcers are having multiple orgasm over Cousins. Its getting a bit uncomfortable.

But what I like best is his decisiveness. He doesn't pat the ball and look jittery in the pocket. He stands tall and just slings it. Guy can play.

Either way. 285 yards and 2 TD's with 11 minutes still to play. Not bad.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duh. Oops. :wallbash:

Ok - in the off-season.

trade deadline will have passed in the offseason too. Does that make sense? the off season also won't begin until AFTER our last three games (+ the playoffs). SO your idea to have to him play for the bills now to prepare him for the future doesn't make sense.

trust me.

How can a person who is so football savvy to know "he has it" and can carry a team, not know that the trade deadline passed 8 weeks ago?? I don't claim to be able to know talent, but even I know there's a trade deadline. Your credibility of knowing anything drops down to about a zero!!

And i'm not kidding.

I know many of you are excited about drafting a franchise QB and I'm not the guy who jumps on any bandwagon player who played well for a week. In fact, I made a very similar post about Cousins on another message board in August after seeing Cousins play a few games. But this guy has it. He will be a good NFL QB. Send a 1st or 2nd round pick to Washington, let Cousins start the last 3 games in Buffalo, and then roll him into next year as your franchise QB. Ideally, I wouldn't want to give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for a QB that we could have drafted in the 3rd round either. But the fact of the matter is that some team is going to unload their pockets for Cousins either this off-season or next. I'd rather it be us.

Facing one of the best defenses in the NFL, Cousins stepped into the game down by a TD and without taking a single snap in weeks. His first pass hit his target with pinpoint accuracy for 15 yards. His second pass nailed a covered Garcon for an 11 yard Touchdown. The very next play he completes the two point conversion. When Griffin went down against the Bears, Cousins stepped in and tossed a beautiful 75 yard TD to Santana Moss. Once again, cold off the bench, without taking a snap in weeks. In the pre-season, he torched Chicago for 270 yards and 3 TD's.

This is not a strong QB draft. There are a bunch of boom or bust QB's - we can't take that risk. It's been over a decade. Let the Jacksonville's and Chiefs of the world draft a QB every couple of years crossing their fingers and hoping for the best.

A film junkie who played in a Pro offense in college and rarely takes a sack? A proven winner from a power conference? Yes please. Get him on the next plane.

Edited: Forgot about trade deadline. Thanks Numark.

Wrong.

This draft is full of QB busts.

Cousins can absolutely carry a team on his back. And he will. I just hope it's us.

We should trade our 1st for Cousins and their 2nd.

That way we dont 'lose' any picks (still have 7) and gain a player. If we draft 7 or 8 and the Skins are 20-25 that basically values Cousins as the 12 or 13 overall pick.

If what he showed this year was his Senior yr in college I bet he would be the #1 pick in this draft. Not bad value for us. And if the Skins have an opportunity to draft say, Mante Teo, by giving up a late 2nd and their backup QB - they just might do it. We could even give them TJ to replace Cousins as their back! :w00t:

Edited by peterpan

That way we dont 'lose' any picks (still have 7) and gain a player. If we draft 7 or 8 and the Skins are 20-25 that basically values Cousins as the 12 or 13 overall pick.

If what he showed this year was his Senior yr in college I bet he would be the #1 pick in this draft. Not bad value.

:w00t: This Cousins hype is becoming the stuff of legends. I guess this is what Fitz does to people. fact: there are several Kirk cousins in this draft. My god, the hype for a guy beating the Browns. Why don't you check out what Fitz threw for in his first NFL start?

Saved you the time: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Fitzpatrick

Coming into the eleventh game of the regular season in the second quarter against the Houston Texans to replace injured veteran journeyman Jamie Martin, Fitzpatrick led the Rams from a 24–3 halftime deficit to a 33–27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns, completing 63.3% of his passes and 117.4 QB rating for the game. This made Fitzpatrick one of only seven players who passed for more 300 yards in their NFL debut.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

If what he showed this year was his Senior yr in college I bet he would be the #1 pick in this draft. Not bad value for us. And if the Skins have an opportunity to draft say, Mante Teo, by giving up a late 2nd and their backup QB - they just might do it. We could even give them TJ to replace Cousins as their back! :w00t:

I think TJ only signed a 1 year deal? So you can;t trade a free agent.

They are not trading Cousins.

So does JPS stand for James Paul Shanahan?

:)

Why don't you check out what Fitz threw for in his first NFL start?

Saved you the time: http://en.wikipedia....yan_Fitzpatrick

Coming into the eleventh game of the regular season in the second quarter against the Houston Texans to replace injured veteran journeyman Jamie Martin, Fitzpatrick led the Rams from a 24–3 halftime deficit to a 33–27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns, completing 63.3% of his passes and 117.4 QB rating for the game. This made Fitzpatrick one of only seven players who passed for more 300 yards in their NFL debut.

What do you think it would take for the Bills to pry him off the Rams roster?

You know it! Make the trade NOW!!!

Bravo!

:w00t: This Cousins hype is becoming the stuff of legends. I guess this is what Fitz does to people. fact: there are several Kirk cousins in this draft. My god, the hype for a guy beating the Browns. Why don't you check out what Fitz threw for in his first NFL start?

Saved you the time: http://en.wikipedia....yan_Fitzpatrick

FWIW, I didnt wwatch him play the Browns and wanted him before the game anyway.

I know it sounds rediculous, Im desperate, and I simply dont believe there are many QBs as good as Cousins in this draft. We are going to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder on a QB anyways. Couldnt those guys be bust just like Cousins?

Edited by peterpan