Trade for Kirk Cousins

Is he proven????? I am really tired of this buffalo. He played well against the browns. We suck, and we beat the browns.

The only guy that comes to mind right now that I would consider is Alex Smith. He started off slow in his career, but is playing much better. Guy has a 107 qb rating this year, per an nbc stat sunday night. And he still has a decade of football left.

Vs the saints last year he played like a monster. brees threw one, then alex threw one, Alex won.

What did the future hall of famer Kirk Cousins do vs a talented team, Atlanta. He threw 1 td and 2 ints. Eff him. He would suck big time here in Buffalo.

Lets get some proven winners in here. What is wrong with everyone?

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hire Polian and Ron Jaworski to consult on a good qb to trade for or draft.

Good idea. Hire Gruden and Steve Young too.

Have them evaluate all the guys coming out of college and Cousins and even guys like Flynn. Hopefully there is a concensous between them all that player X is going to be good and then be prepared to overpay for player X giving up anything and everything necessary to get him.

Actually the odds are against him succeeding. Has nothing to do with Nix, just look at how many teams fail. Since 1995 when Kelly retired, I looked up how many teams went through different starting QB's from one year till next. I defined it as whomever started the most games one year, then if the next year someone different started the most games, that was a change in QB This was the list:

10 different QB's Vikes, Bears, Browns, Fins, Redskins

9 different QB's Raiders Jets, Cardinals, & Bills

8 Ravens, Panthers, Bucs, Bengals

7 Falcons, Cowboys, Chiefs

At the bottom of the list Packers Colts, Pats with two each

There's some teams with what are considered very good front offices and they couldn't succeed either. It goes back to my argument that you have a league with 32 teams and about a dozen top level QB's The rest just keep cycling through names. That's why I'm sure the Bill's stuck with Fitz, they knew he wasn't going to be mistaken for Drew Bree's or someone like that, but knew the odds of finding someone better weren't all that high and hoped he would have done better than he did.

Thanks for the info....I personally find those sort of numbers very interesting.

Assuming your supposition is correct that the Bills stuck with Fitz because they knew the odds were high of finding someone(substantially) better, it is IMO very old fashioned thinking and perhaps indicative of what have been some of the bigger problems with the organization.

What I mean by that is that in the modern era(last 25ish years), it is the teams with the star QB who have consistently been winning(& losing) the Super Bowl.

If the Bills did indeed look at the percentage chances of being able to obtain a star QB.....they neglected to compare them to the percentage chances of being able to win a Super Bowl without one.

Edited by Dibs

I like T.J. Yates from Houston too, maybe he could get it done here. A couple other names . Matt Moore and Stephen McGee .There are a few guys in the upcoming draft that will emerge from senior bowl, all star games and nfl combine. .

But, it's just ridiculous that the Bills didn't draft Kirk Cousins when he came out of college.

I like T.J. Yates from Houston too, maybe he could get it done here. A couple other names . Matt Moore and Stephen McGee .There are a few guys in the upcoming draft that will emerge from senior bowl, all star games and nfl combine. .

But, it's just ridiculous that the Bills didn't draft Kirk Cousins when he came out of college.

The funniest part is if Cousins ever becomes a full time starter, watch him struggle to come close to the numbers Fitz puts up here. I love that Kirk freaking Cousins is treated like Joe Montana on this board.

They made the mistake when they traded up for Graham and that looks like a real blunder right now, but time will tell.

I know hindsight is 20-20 but the Bills panicked when S. Hill got drafted by the Jets and Russel Wilson got taken in the third. I do think that the Bills wanted Hill, and (Wilson or Cousins) but they misjudged where those players got drafted and the 3rd-4th rounds of the draft fell apart for them.

The funniest part is if Cousins ever becomes a full time starter, watch him struggle to come close to the numbers Fitz puts up here. I love that Kirk freaking Cousins is treated like Joe Montana on this board.

Where

Is he proven????? I am really tired of this buffalo. He played well against the browns. We suck, and we beat the browns.

The only guy that comes to mind right now that I would consider is Alex Smith. He started off slow in his career, but is playing much better. Guy has a 107 qb rating this year, per an nbc stat sunday night. And he still has a decade of football left.

Vs the saints last year he played like a monster. brees threw one, then alex threw one, Alex won.

What did the future hall of famer Kirk Cousins do vs a talented team, Atlanta. He threw 1 td and 2 ints. Eff him. He would suck big time here in Buffalo.

Lets get some proven winners in here. What is wrong with everyone?

I don't care who he played. For his first NFL start he completed 70% of his passes for 329 yards and had a QBR of 104. He 's everything the Bills would want in a QB. He's a big kid with a strong arm and has some mobility.

He grew up in Illinois and played at Michigan State so he should have no problem dealing with the weather here in Buffalo. If the Bills could get him for a 2nd rounder I would be all for it. It would give us our franchise QB and allow us to address the problem at LB with our first pick.

Where

I don't care who he played. For his first NFL start he completed 70% of his passes for 329 yards and had a QBR of 104. He 's everything the Bills would want in a QB. He's a big kid with a strong arm and has some mobility.

He grew up in Illinois and played at Michigan State so he should have no problem dealing with the weather here in Buffalo. If the Bills could get him for a 2nd rounder I would be all for it. It would give us our franchise QB and allow us to address the problem at LB with our first pick.

Fitzs first game - 63% 310 yards, 3 tds, 1 int and a qb rating of 117 - heck even another 23 yards rushing.

perspective.

Edited by NoSaint

Just for the sake of perspective, here is the stat line of another QB in his first NFL start:

Rob Johnson JAX 20 for 24 294 yds 2 TDs 0 INTs

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just for the sake of perspective, here is the stat line of another QB in his first NFL start:

PTR

heck, even the mighty trent edwards was like 80% and about 250 yards in his first start if i remember correctly.

one thing to keep in mind - no one knew what the washington offense would look like without RG3, and they also were forced to prep for possibly playing RG3.

Cousins may end up good, but there are a lot of reasons to proceed with caution.

PTR

We shouldn't get Cousins because of the Rob Johnson mistake.

We shouldn't draft QBs in the 1st because of the JP Losman mistake.

We shouldn't draft QBs in the 2nd because of the Todd Collins mistake.

We shouldn't draft a QB in the 3rd because of the Trent Edwards mistake.

We shouldn't trade for a veteran QB because of the Drew Bledsoe mistake.

Forget the "what if" excuses, trade for Cousins and the Bills' future looks mighty promising especially once Brady and Manning finally get off the stage.

heck, even the mighty trent edwards was like 80% and about 250 yards in his first start if i remember correctly.

one thing to keep in mind - no one knew what the washington offense would look like without RG3, and they also were forced to prep for possibly playing RG3.

Cousins may end up good, but there are a lot of reasons to proceed with caution.

I agree. But considering the QB class of 2013 is weak and the Bills have to address their QB situation this might be their best option..