Trade for Kirk Cousins

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:w00t: This Cousins hype is becoming the stuff of legends. I guess this is what Fitz does to people. fact: there are several Kirk cousins in this draft. My god, the hype for a guy beating the Browns. Why don't you check out what Fitz threw for in his first NFL start?

Saved you the time: http://en.wikipedia....yan_Fitzpatrick

Coming into the eleventh game of the regular season in the second quarter against the Houston Texans to replace injured veteran journeyman Jamie Martin, Fitzpatrick led the Rams from a 24–3 halftime deficit to a 33–27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns, completing 63.3% of his passes and 117.4 QB rating for the game. This made Fitzpatrick one of only seven players who passed for more 300 yards in their NFL debut.

This Fitz guy sounds good. Get ur done, Buddy!

So Washington won't trade Cousins because a sports writer says they shouldn't? Washington gave up alot to get RG3. If they could trade last years 4th round pick for a top 10 pick in 2013 they would consider it.

for sure. but i dont think anyones offering a top ten pick (for a variety of very practical reasons), nor should they in my amateur opinion.

Edited by NoSaint

Desperate times call for desperate measures. The Bills have to make an agressive move or risk losing their fan base.

thats a sure way to not make the playoffs for another decade. quick, the fans are upset - lets make choices to appease them, instead of win.

whats the old saying about if you listen to the fans you end up sitting with them? i know the track record at OBD has been poor but... buddy has been around for some pretty good qb picks. hopefully he sees a guy he likes and makes a move for him, and not just any move because the fans are desperate.

thats a sure way to not make the playoffs for another decade. quick, the fans are upset - lets make choices to appease them, instead of win.

whats the old saying about if you listen to the fans you end up sitting with them? i know the track record at OBD has been poor but... buddy has been around for some pretty good qb picks. hopefully he sees a guy he likes and makes a move for him, and not just any move because the fans are desperate.

There's nothing "quick" about it. We've waiting through the Fitzpatrick years and it turns out he is not the answer. You don't deny this? Do you?

So it's clear to everyone the Bills must to get a new QB for 2013. That's the desperation part. But you know what? The Saints were desperate for Drew Brees and how did that plan turn out? Washington was desperate for a QB and how did giving a ton of picks for RGIII turn out? Accept that your team is desperate. Embrace it in fact. Because the Bills are at the point where they must do something desperate. You may find that unsettling, but I find it exciting. Somebody will be coming here as the "next great franchise QB" hope. That's cool to me.

Edited by 1billsfan

The fans aren't desperate they are angry. I think everyone agrees that getting a franchise quarterback is the top priority for next season. The Bills have to make a bold move whether that means reaching for a guy in the 1st round or trading it to Washington for Cousins. I'm a little biased because i liked Cousins last year and was hoping the Bills would grab him in the 3rd.

There's nothing "quick" about it. We've waiting through the Fitzpatrick years and it turns out he is not the answer. You don't deny this? Do you?

So it's clear to everyone the Bills must to get a new QB for 2013. That's the desperation part. But you know what? The Saints were desperate for Drew Brees and how did that plan turn out? Washington was desperate for a QB and how did giving a ton of picks for RGIII turn out? Accept that your team is desperate. Embrace it in fact. Because the Bills are at the point where they must do something desperate. You may find that unsettling, but I find it exciting. Somebody will be coming here as the "next great franchise QB" hope. That's cool to me.

That doesn't equate to "trade a top 5 pick for a guy we had rated as a 4th rounder 8 months ago, based on 30 or so new passes"

There's a difference between proactive/aggressive and desperate. I'm hoping the choice they make is aggressive, and not desperation. That's all.

That doesn't equate to "trade a top 5 pick for a guy we had rated as a 4th rounder 8 months ago, based on 30 or so new passes"

There's a difference between proactive/aggressive and desperate. I'm hoping the choice they make is aggressive, and not desperation. That's all.

considering Nix opted to go with Fitz rather than draft a guy from what could be the best quarterback class in NFL history leaves me little faith in him drafting our franchise qb.

considering Nix opted to go with Fitz rather than draft a guy from what could be the best quarterback class in NFL history leaves me little faith in him drafting our franchise qb.

But you trust him to trade for the right one? Especially at that markup?

But you trust him to trade for the right one? Especially at that markup?

He could have had Wilson or Cousins in the 3rd but opted to trade up for a receiver who could be unemployed next season. Swallow your pride, admit your mistake and get Cousins in here. He may have only thrown 30 passes but thats 30 more than Geno Smith.

Cousins was a third round pick. With what he has shown, his stock is only higher now, so you aren'tgetting him for a 3rd or 4th.

A second rounder plus another 2nd or 3rd conditional pick in the floowing year is more realistic, and a very small price to pay.

Cousins was a fourth round pick. We would have had to take him in the third round because the Skins drafted ahead of us in that round.

I think you guys over value the Bills first round picks.

We are talking about a McKelvin or Maybin here, thats who we are going to be giving up in my scenario (our 1st for their 2nd and Cousins)

We, at best, draft average starters with our top 10 picks. Even Spiller, the best 1st rounder we have had in 15 years it seems, is a part time player that hasn't benifited our team at all in terms of wins, or improved out running game.