Has any one on here ever had a face to face chat with RW?

In the last 10 years? Not that time at the rockpile in 1966. He seems very recluse compared to other owners. Every time I turn NFL network on it seems Jerry Jones has his mug in the camera.

He's very elderly right now... I've met him a few times, but the last was in the early 2000s and he was REALLY old then too...

My Dad who worked for the Buffalo News for 44 years was just telling me of a story in the 90's where he was catching up with Larry Felser, a buddy of his and saw Mr. Wilson leaving and they struck up a conversation. They walked up the road towards M&T Bank together, and was such a nice man. He stated he's met him several times from the News and was always cordial, and down to earth with the employees, etc.

I'm not sure on him acting like JJ, but he has meddled in years past too much when he should have acted more like the Mara, or Rooney family. Now he is pretty hands off from what i can see. I just hate this death watch limbo thing as it is keeping talent especially in the coaching arena away from our team.

A former co-worker once had breakfast with RW maybe 5 years ago. He was there with a host of other people. They discussed the Bills and the future, and RW and I believe RB stated, basically, that cities like Bflo can't expect to have a team if it continues to decline. And they also suggested that a buyer could come forth and take the team to Chicago and make way more profit than by keeping it here, even as the second NFL franchise in that city. I think RW was trying to make himself look like a priest for keeping them here (he still turned $25,000 into $800M so lets not act like he's doing us a favor) while suggesting someone else might not be so inclined.

The reality truly is that when he's passed, assuming he did nothing to help ensure this teams' future here, they're gone. And RW doesn't care one iota.

I met Ralph, Lou Saban and Rick Azar at the Lord Baltimore in Maryland in 1972. I was wearing a Bills hat so they invited me to their table.

I didn't say much just hello and GO BILLS.....I let them talk.

What was the conversation ???

Horse racing.......yep

That was about it......

Edited by HOUSE

Ralph's box is near section 113 where my uncle has had season tickets for many years. I have seen Ralph hobble from his box to a golf cart plenty of times. Most of the conversations I've had with him have been pretty one sided:

Me and other fans: "HEY RALPH!!! GO BILLS!!! RAAALPH!!!!? RALPH!!"

Ralph: <hobbling to golf cart>

Edited by JoeFerguson

The one chance I saw Ralph was after a game for a season opener many years back. I hung back in the stadium and walked around a few minutes. Many people were just passing by not even seeming to notice him. He had a security detail and others of maybe up to 8 people, no more. I wanted to go up and say thank you for what he had done for Buffalo and the fans but just stopped and looked. I thought the security guys might have stopped me or ushered me away. This was 2001 or 2002 maybe.

My grandfather is friends with him. My grandpa owned a tavern called Danny's Inn on Kissing Bridge for 42 years (after that was called Red Latern, now called The Last Run) and Ralph and many players throughout the years would stop in. My grandpa is 94 and him and my grandma just celebrated their 72nd wedding anniversary 2 weeks ago, so needless to say, he isn't chatting with anyone on the phone or visiting old friends. That said, he wouldn't listen to anyone who had a negative thing to say about Ralph until about 5 years ago, when, I swear to God, he now says "We'd be doing so much better if Ralph wasn't cheap."

I had a face-to-face with him about 20 years ago. Very easy to talk to and easy access.

A couple of years ago, I tried to set up a formal interview, and his assistant said he was no longer doing formal interviews. I imagine he is very selective now.

I had season tickets in front of his box, before the lower row of boxes was put in, for maybe 15 years. When I say in front, I mean, if he spilled his drink, the back of my shirt got wet. Over that time, I spoke to him a number of times. I learned one thing. If the game was going on, don't even think about talking to him, he is all fan, watching the game. He is very sociable during half time and before/after...very nice guy. I was there the day the fans took the goal post down and brought one leg up to him. I was there the day OJ, the sportscaster leaned in standing in my seat and interviewed Mr Wilson. I overheard (really not intentionally) many conversations, especially with his daughter Linda (RIP) who knew a lot about the game. They talked most about players. Despite the criticism he gets on this board, Mr Wilson is a gentleman, and a genuine nice guy in my view. I wish him well, and hope his physical problems will resolve themselves.