Don't look now, but Fitzpatrick is tied for 9th in the NFL in TD&#

I love useless Stats......

Hey Fitz..Game is on the line, you need 30 yards for a field goal win or 70 yards for a TD win....WHAT DO THE BILLS GET....ANOTHER LOSS!

Ya, except Futz often gets his team into position for a field goal but Chan punts from the 35.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

# of TDs the team scores = strong correlation to winning

# of TDs the QB throws = not good correlation at all

Fact, Jack.

Even though every team but the Dolphins scores more passing TDs than rushing--"no good correlation at all"?

Are some of you saying Fitz isn't A reason we aren't a good football team? And would you go as far as to say we shouldn't be looking to replace him?

I don't think anyone here is saying that.

I created this thread to specifically mirror the Mario Williams being 8th in sacks thread. Its amazing how the reactions in this thread are drastically different (for the most part) from those in the MW thread.

Exactly, bobo. Mario (ahem) "underperformed his contract" for the majority of the season. Now he is playing better and a guy starts a thread to "rub it in". Meanwhile, Fitz has gone from 9 ints in the first 7 of the season to 3 in the last 5 games. The Bills have won 2 of their last 3--also as a result of the D playing better against mostly inferior offenses.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I'd say football is rather simple: Score TD's on offense; Prevent TD's on Defense. I'd say it's pretty important...not the be all end all, but it's high up there..lol :)

Don't try and talk logic to the mentally weak, they'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with stupidity, where they have waaay more experience.

I created this thread to specifically mirror the Mario Williams being 8th in sacks thread. Its amazing how the reactions in this thread are drastically different (for the most part) from those in the MW thread.

QB and DE are completely different

reactions are different as Mario's playing at an all pro level (post wrist surgery). and fitz is out there looking inept vs paper defenses like Indy with the season on the line.

to steal a line from the most hated statements thread it is what it is

Since Jim Kelly retired, the Bills have not had a QB to throw for 20 TD's in consecutive seasons. Now, Fitz has done it in three consecutive seasons: 2010 - 23 TD's; 2011 - 24 TD's; 2012 - 20 TD's (with four games remaining).

Like many others on here, I have been critical of Fitz's play over the course of the season. I still feel the Bills need to address the QB position in the offseason. I agree with Nix that the team was devoid of talent when he took over as GM and they needed to plug in a ton of holes on the team. I get the philosophy that you don't want to get a rookie and put him behind a bad O-line with sub-par receivers, as this could wreck the guys confidence. But I still feel that he should have taken a developmental QB sooner, such as Dalton or Kaepernick. It's either Nix & Gailey were banking on Fitz to succeed or they wanted to build up a good team first, then draft a QB to come in. I'm leaning towards Nix & Gailey banking on Fitz. Either way, congrats to Fitz for this accomplishment. I feel Fitz would be an above average backup QB in the league, but as a full time starter, so far he's been below average.

I'm mostly in agreement. I really wanted Mallett or Dalton a couple years ago. Fitz has his limitations but too many folks on this board label him as "awful", "horrible", "the worst starting QB in the league", etc... He's not as bad as people here want to believe. He's just not, and never will be in the elite class of QB. As a backup, he'd be top notch. You don't think a team like the Bears would take FItz over Jason Campbell in a heartbeat?

Whatever..no use arguing about it. We all agree that the Bills need to draft a young up and comer to take the reins.

He's also had the 3rd most turnovers in the last 2 seasons.

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=8718318

Its an article about Sanchez but the stat is in there.

Fitz is better then Edwards who was better then Losman who was better then Rob Johnson. None of which were as good as Kelly, Flutie, Bledsoe or even Frank Reich

You're taking some liberties there, my friend. Rob Johnson essentially won in Tennessee in the playoffs, Losman took every snap in 2006 and wasn't even that bad that year, each a greater accomplishment than anything Trent Edwards ever did. You really could make an argument for any of the three being the best/worst. I would probably go Losman 1 and then after that, I can't even begin to pick a 2.

But yes, Fitzpatrick is far better than any of them and FWIW, Bledsoe was definitely better than Fitzpatrick. I see Bledsoe get thrown under the bus on here quite a bit- look at his numbers from 2002 when he went to the Pro Bowl, plus he led the 7th ranked offense in 2004.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I'm mostly in agreement. I really wanted Mallett or Dalton a couple years ago. Fitz has his limitations but too many folks on this board label him as "awful", "horrible", "the worst starting QB in the league", etc... He's not as bad as people here want to believe. He's just not, and never will be in the elite class of QB. As a backup, he'd be top notch. You don't think a team like the Bears would take FItz over Jason Campbell in a heartbeat?

Whatever..no use arguing about it. We all agree that the Bills need to draft a young up and comer to take the reins.

I agree with your assessment. Fitz is not the worst QB in the league, nor is he an elite QB. I feel Fitz's biggest problem is his consistency.

I really think its a result of Gaileys offense more than quality QB play.

I mean really, its evident we don't have quality QB play.

I completely agree with this...While I think Gailey gets a bit too pass happy, and can be his own worse enemy as a play-caller, I do believe he has got more out of Fitz than most Offensive Coaches could...I do believe that...I would personally get rid of Fitz and Nix before Gailey, because I think Gailey is a good Offensive Coordinator....He's just not a great HC...Though I have to admit I would not shed a tear if all 3 were gone... B-)

everyone knows my repetitive take on this.....the only thing i can say is who would really trade for fitz?

would the eagles trade Foles straight up for him? no way Brady Quinn (prob not) Gabbert (nope)

that shows me his value is close to zero. only us homer fans can legitamize fitz. maybe 1-2 teams max would actually give us anything for him.

maybe i am off base? but i really don't see any positives to him.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I completely agree with this...While I think Gailey gets a bit too pass happy, and can be his own worse enemy as a play-caller, I do believe he has got more out of Fitz than most Offensive Coaches could...I do believe that...I would personally get rid of Fitz and Nix before Gailey, because I think Gailey is a good Offensive Coordinator....He's just not a great HC...Though I have to admit I would not shed a tear if all 3 were gone... B-)

Does a good OC abandon the run like Gailey? Does a good OC rest his RB who averages 6+ YPC on 3rd and short? Does a good OC line up with an empty backfield when his QB can't throw the ball downfield, or even throw an accurate screen pass?

Chan Gailey is not a good Offensive Coordinator. He is horrible. He is just even more horrible as a head coach.