Don't look now, but Fitzpatrick is tied for 9th in the NFL in TD&#

... If a QB under the old rating system threw 40 screens and completed 38 of them his rating would be through the roof. ...

Not to quibble, but that depends on the other three categories used to determine his rating. Even a 100% completion percentage means nothing without knowing average gained per attempt, percentage of TDs per attempt, and percentage of INTs per attempt.

While QBR is an interesting attempt at better quantifying a quarterback's rating, it's just as limited because it can't take into account the essential intangibles all QBs must possess in order to be great QBs.

Regardless of the ranking system used however, it's pretty obvious Fitz just isn't a very good passer. I don't need any rating system to tell me that.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the ranking system used however, it's pretty obvious Fitz just isn't a very good passer. I don't need any rating system to tell me that.

Exactly!!!

Not that I don't follow the ratings systems...But come on folks...Use your eyes!!! ;)

Well...That's probably because QB's like Brees regularly follow up poor performances with REAL good ones, then another good one, and so on...Brady has bad Games...Rodgers too...But you know damn well they are going to even those out and then some...Fitz? Not so much...

I swear I don't want to be a dick about this whole Fitz thing with other Bills Fans...But if you can sit and watch Fitzpatrick over these three years and come away thinking he's good enough...Well...I don't know what to say to you...You're watching a different game than I am...And that's not to say that Fitz can't do some things well, and have a great game every now and again...It is saying that over an extended period you get what you get with Fitz...And it's never, ever going to be good enough... B-)

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Perfectly stated :thumbsup:

Not to quibble, but that depends on the other three categories used to determine his rating. Even a 100% completion percentage means nothing without knowing average gained per attempt, percentage of TDs per attempt, and percentage of INTs per attempt.

While QBR is an interesting attempt at better quantifying a quarterback's rating, it's just as limited because it can't take into account the essential intangibles all QBs must possess in order to be great QBs.

GO BILLS!!!

I understand that, but I will say that QBR may not quantify physical attributes, but those physical attributes play out on the field and can be measured through performance And his measured performance over his career, not just a game, suggests a lack of certain skills to be more effective.