Rolando McClain (update - released by Raiders)

FutureBillsGM

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was super hyped when he was in the draft. Everyone seemed to thing he was going to be a beast. More proof that you cannot believe all of the draft rankings. Bottom line is, nobody really knows. Even the geniuses (Belicheck, Parcells, Walsh (coincidendally all have the first name of Bill)), have a ton of misses in the draft

He was super hyped when he was in the draft. Everyone seemed to thing he was going to be a beast. More proof that you cannot believe all of the draft rankings. Bottom line is, nobody really knows. Even the geniuses (Belicheck, Parcells, Walsh (coincidendally all have the first name of Bill)), have a ton of misses in the draft

Nick Saban knew how to use him and stay away from his shortcomings. He can't cover to save his life not to mention the mental mistakes. He would be useless against the Pats (or rather they would make good use of the opportunities he presented them).

Crazy that McClain and Curry have been busts. Everyone thought those guys were can't-miss picks.

If you follow enough drafts, this is far more common than you might expect. It isn't just the "dumb Bills" who miss on early draft picks and it isn't just the "dumb" team, either. All teams miss on early picks, just ask the Broncos how happy they are that they traded back into round 1 for TIm Tebow.

Edited by OldTimer1960

If you follow enough drafts, this is far more common than you might expect. It isn't just the "dumb Bills" who miss on early draft picks and it isn't just the "dumb" team, either. All teams miss on early picks, just ask the Broncos how happy they are that they traded back into round 1 for TIm Tebow.

Yes, actually the Broncos are happy. The revenue they brought in from a HOME PLAYOFF GAME (yes, there is such a thing) paid Tebow's salary and bonuses. Without that turnaround, the Broncos would have had ZERO chance to sign the fivehead as they would have been near the bottom of the league, but probably not bad enough to land Luck or RGIII. The season they got with Tebow at the helm gave the Broncos the appearance of a team just a few pieces away from being a real contender which allowed them to gamble on Peyton. So that might have been the best draft gamble made in quite some time....and they got cash back and draft picks from the Jets.

Oh please no...I didn't think he was very good coming out of 'bama, and now I'm convinced of it; then there's the off-field chicanery.

No thank you.

LOL.

Chicanery?

You make it sound like he was trying to sell people the Brooklyn Bridge. No offense, just a funny choice of words.

Released from what jail?

:lol:

I dont mind the Bills being one of those teams that gives a player a 2nd chance.

There's always that wide receiver who was with the Lions…

he was good in the die hard movies

That was Rolando McClain.

Is there a trend of Alabama defensive players under-performing in the NFL? Perhaps being surrounded by so much talent makes you look better.

I remember having a hard time evaluating Maualuga because that USC defense was so good. I do think it can make evaluations harder.

McClain hit Jason Witten so hard he lacerated his spleen. His off the field troubles and attitude are what got him dropped by the Silver and Black. Hopefully he learns something from his experiences and turns it around. The guy is a solid football player with a lot of talent going to waste right now.

One legit question from purely a football standpoint is whether McClain is a true 3-down linebacker.

The Raiders treated him as one quite often and he was often asked to cover the tight end down the seam. The times I saw him he had varying levels of success in these situations.

He's a good talent for sure.

This just shows the obscene boom bust nature of the game. All sorts of folks were clamoring for the bills to land him.. Had the raiders grabed CJ, who knows?

I ve read about arrests, play book system issues and no pass coverage ability... So like shep but with arrests and attitude problems. Pass