Tank Carder tweets cause stir

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People are calling for a one game suspension??? LOL, LOL...our country is turned completely upside down. I hope the Mayans are right.

The thin skinned, PC crowd needs to concentrate on other things or just get to work and move forward. Next thing you know we'll have the players wearing "rainbow" socks, cleats and handtowels for "Gay, Lesbian, Transgender Awareness Month".

People are calling for a one game suspension??? LOL, LOL...our country is turned completely upside down. I hope the Mayans are right.

The thin skinned, PC crowd needs to concentrate on other things or just get to work and move forward. Next thing you know we'll have the players wearing "rainbow" socks, cleats and handtowels for "Gay, Lesbian, Transgender Awareness Month".

A one-game suspension would be ridiculous, yes, but so is your reaction to his tweets. They're offensive and demonstrate a lack of professionalism and intelligence.

Now, YE OLE believes in treating others with respect, despite whatever disagreements we may have. But, one thing that is absolutely frightening is the inability of folks to speak their mind these days. This climate where if you offend this certain group over here or this group over there, then you're going to be threatened with fine, suspension, jail, whatever is very dangerous and not right.

No way he should be suspended for exercising free speech. As offensive as it may be to some.

That said, if I owned a pro sports franchise I would prohibit the use of twitter and other forms of social media by my employees. While that may be draconian, it would be necessary to protect my brand from the unintended consequences of those that have to share every thought they have any time they have the urge.

Like all other forms of mass media, social media networks have great potential but are mostly a vast wasteland of crap.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

i mean, it is what it is.... not a smart move by him in any way shape or form.

if you or i did the same, we could very well be fired for it. kind of all up to the individual employer on this one. he has the freedom to say it, but his boss has the freedom to punish him for it too.

i wouldnt be at a rally to get him punished, but if he is i wont lose sleep over it either.

in this day and age he probably should not have gone public with it, but it reeks of hypocrisy knowing full well most guys in locker rooms do make gay jokes, ethnic jokes and all of a sudden he gets singled out by the very same people who have done the same..if they could measure indifference , mine would be off the charts regarding this.. Edited by dwight in philly

Now, YE OLE believes in treating others with respect, despite whatever disagreements we may have. But, one thing that is absolutely frightening is the inability of folks to speak their mind these days. This climate where if you offend this certain group over here or this group over there, then you're going to be threatened with fine, suspension, jail, whatever is very dangerous and not right.

suspension from your job is VERY different than jail, as far as the conversation goes.

in this day and age he probably should not have gone public with it, but it reeks of hypocrisy knowing full well most guys in locker rooms do make gay jokes, ethnic jokes and all of a sudden he gets singled out by the very same people who have done the same..

youve clearly realized the difference though - the locker room is different the standing in the town square with a bull horn. Im sure weve all said things behind closed doors or in private company that would be highly embarrassing if it got out publicly.

he chose the town square option. and then instead of apologizing immediately he defended it repeatedly.

not a great comparison in my opinion.

Edited by NoSaint

youve clearly realized the difference though - the locker room is different the standing in the town square with a bull horn. Im sure weve all said things behind closed doors or in private company that would be highly embarrassing if it got out publicly.

he chose the town square option. and then instead of apologizing immediately he defended it repeatedly.

not a great comparison in my opinion.

well, i guess in this day, you are right, but 10 years ago, it was not necessarily true.. PC is out of control.. just my opinion..

Who cares free speech is free speech. The uber gay, race, religion taboo topics are being looked at way too sensitively nowadays.

You know what I say ? Quit being such a drama queen all you rupauls out there. Archie bunker would be in prison nowadays

everyone's being "bullied" or "discriminated" nowadays. Tmz, fox news etc always raking thru the muck for gay/bully stories It's all a crock of shhhhhhhhhh to me.

No one gives two shhhhhhhhs if you are if you are or aren't nowadays. Race stuff is slowly dieing out also. Let's let all this hyper sensitivity go

Edited by Ryan L Billz

well, i guess in this day, you are right, but 10 years ago, it was not necessarily true.. PC is out of control.. just my opinion..

10 years ago he wouldnt be saying it on twitter. you can be sure if he stood in times square yelling slurs, or did an interview on espn saying what he said it would have been noteworthy. the problem is he (and possibly you) dont seem to get that twitter is a very public forum.

PC isnt out of control for people not liking him saying what he did. I can think of a variety of terms for race, gender, etc... that you wouldnt dream of saying on tv. in this case he used a highly derogatory term for a groups sexuality and then repeatedly defended it. the bundle of sticks defense is just.... ridiculous. and he did it in a HIGHLY public forum.

i wont say he SHOULD be punished, but if his employer decides to punish him for going public with comments like that i wouldnt be offended either. he can say what he wants, but in turn people can react how they want.

Edited by NoSaint

Who cares free speech is free speech. The uber gay, race, religion taboo topics are being looked at way too sensitively nowadays.

You know what I say ? Quit being such a drama queen all you rupauls out there. Archie bunker would be in prison nowadays

everyone's being "bullied" or "discriminated" nowadays. Tmz, fox news etc always raking thru the muck for gay/bully stories It's all a crock of shhhhhhhhhh to me.

No one gives two shhhhhhhhs if you are if you are or aren't nowadays. Race stuff is slowly dieing out also. Let's let all this hyper sensitivity go

I hear what you're saying. But isn't the hypersensitivity just the inevitable other side of the coin? Should denigrating remarks just simply be ignored by those that find them offensive? This is what happens when free speech meets more free speech.

GO BILLS!!!