Can we see what we have in TJ? [Tarvaris Jackson]

Clockwork

Chan was on WGR550 last week I believe and stated that there is little chance of him being active since he does not get enough reps in practice. That being said, I think its a great idea.

The obvious solution to that is to give him all the first team reps in practice now that the playoffs are out of the picture and see what you have.

But Gailey is probably trying to salvage what he can out of this season to try and save his job so he will stick with Fitz.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point it doesn't really matter. We already know what T Jackson can do (not much) & his contract is up at the end of the year. He was just an insurance policy in case Fitz went down & Thigpen struggled. He's a game manager on his best day. Resigning him to be our guy next season would make no sense. Do you replace your mediocre QB with another mediocre QB b/c mediocrity is more desirable when you have variety?

The right move is to draft a QB to take the reigns, keep Fitz to mentor & b/u next year, and wish T Jackson well.

At this point it doesn't really matter. We already know what T Jackson can do (not much) & his contract is up at the end of the year. He was just an insurance policy in case Fitz went down & Thigpen struggled.

Thigpen has struggled mightily... to get in a game! I don't know of anyone who would seriously start Thigpen over Jackson except Chan. It can't get worse!!!!!

Not Graham, but Tavaris Jackson. He hasn't even been active, yet I feel there is a chance he can be an upgrade over Fitz.

Why has TJ not even given a sniff of playing time after a trade was made specifically to bring him in. More front office nonsense that I guess I'll never understand

I am puzzled by the trade, but what I do know after watching Tarvaris play is that he stinks worse than Fitz.

You're kidding right? I would take almost any QB on any roster over Fitz. He cannot throw an accurate ball and his decision making is terrible. We are losing with him and we can damn well lose without him. Time for a change. And no it's not on his shoulders alone, but he has failed to perform in a number of winnable games including yesterday and we should have a winning record right now if we even had an average QB. He is terrible.

I can never understand why people insist on saying that they would take anyone over Fitz. Yes Fitz has been bad but there are far worse QB's out there than Fitz.

I get the feeling the Bills brass are just too "busy", uninterested or maybe too lazy to develop a new QB. They never bothered to draft a QB high and try to develop him since it's a "win now" mentality. They brought in VY but had little patience for his miscues. They bring in Tarvaris but use the "not enough reps" excuse. Either Tarvaris is really stupid and can't pick up anything in the playbook or the Bills just don't want to take any extra time to get him up to speed.

Once again, a team like New England just trumps us in every aspect. They have Hall of famer Brady, then draft who i think will be very good, Ryan Mallett. They have Mallett on the bench just waiting for his turn to dominate us for another decade. Meanwhile Buffalo can't bother to develop anyone. It's really disheartening.

We will not see T.J. this year. Chan has realized that if a they lose all of their games on purpose, they can get Andrew Luck...

oh crap. Someone should tell Chan that Luck already came out. I know we just played against him last week but Chan probably doesn't know that.

it's only been 3 months or so, there's just no way you can expect him to learn this playbook people!

It's going to take a year or two, preferrably late in 2013 after Fitz sucks again, we can bring him in and win a few games, and sell HIM as the new "franchise QB" for 2014! And you gotta keep Chan (continuity of course!) to develop him!

i have it on good authority that the reason we haven't seen tjax is that he is struggling learning the playbook....

There isn't a human being on planet Earth that can comfortable and be efficient in that complicated offense with only 3 months of limited reps.

The fact that he couldn't possibly be ready is not any sort of reflection on him.