And the reason we lost to the Colts was.....

Virgil

If anything, I give our Defense HUGE PROPS. These guys are human beings. And while I get they are paid to play, I'm impressed that they don't give up more often. If I knew the lack of support I was going to get on offense, I would just give up.

The offense is averaging 23 points a game. The D gives up 30 a game. Yeah--great of the D for hanging in there while "getting no support".

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much fitz, not enough spiller.

Blame chan for his play calls. Blame fitz because he's not good

Kyle Williams got destroyed at the line on every play. The Colts were able to run past him at will. That was the real difference in the game.

We lost because of Kyle Williams? Lol. Please

The offense is averaging 23 points a game. The D gives up 30 a game. Yeah--great of the D for hanging in there while "getting no support".

Who is talking about the regular season here? This thread is about this game. So yeah, in this game, the D was fine.

But nice contribution

Try again, because the defense is not surrendering those special teams points.

Well, if you are only talking about today's game, then you are correct. But the we are not talking about this game only. The Bills have allowed 1 KR for a TD this year and 2 TDs on punt returns. That's 21 points over 11 games. What was your point?

Who is talking about the regular season here? This thread is about this game. So yeah, in this game, the D was fine.

But nice contribution

You said "more often" so obviously you were talking about other games, not just today's.

And your contribution every week is about the same.

Well, if you are only talking about today's game, then you are correct. But the we are not talking about this game only. The Bills have allowed 1 KR for a TD this year and 2 TDs on punt returns. That's 21 points over 11 games. What was your point?

You said "more often" so obviously you were talking about other games, not just today's.

And your contribution every week is about the same.

I forgot that the Bills D only had one series on the field. I guess there is no way I would be referring to the numerous times the Bills went 3 and out.

And your contributions are baffling with your support of Fitz.

That the defense has improved over the course of the season after what were indisputably ghastly efforts. I'll attribute that to Mario's injury, Dareus' personal concerns, and a piss-poor LB corps. Still, in the past weeks, this defense has played well enough to win. It also got put into terrible field position against NE via offensive turnovers. The offense has no freaking excuses aside from that the coach can't employ his best weapons effectively, and the QB can not make the throws asked of him.

For whatever reason this franchise has avoided bringing in a real QB or even a prospect at the position... This is what you get when you settle for starting a career journeyman for 3 years and ignoring the fact that he is your biggest problem.

Defense prevented points so that is really all you can ask for from this D.

When the D plays well, our offense doesn't show up and vice versa.

Edited by kobe808lak

We didn't lose. I'm not a player, owner or employee. THEY lost because they have the second worst owner (Loria takes he cake) in all of sports who has a 50+ year history of losing. He hires people he can control and those he can't, he fires. So he's basically the GM and coach and controls everything. He's the reason THEY lost today and in the past and will until he passes.

The team is supported by fans so, yes, "we" is appropriate. The NFL wouldn't exist without people paying for tickets/Sunday Ticket etc.

I forgot that the Bills D only had one series on the field. I guess there is no way I would be referring to the numerous times the Bills went 3 and out.

And your contributions are baffling with your support of Fitz.

Oh, OK. So what you're now saying (after the game)is that you're "impressed they don't give up more often......in this game". lol---ok.

And I'm not supporting Fitz by pointing out you start the same thread every week.

That the defense has improved over the course of the season after what were indisputably ghastly efforts. I'll attribute that to Mario's injury, Dareus' personal concerns, and a piss-poor LB corps. Still, in the past weeks, this defense has played well enough to win. It also got put into terrible field position against NE via offensive turnovers. The offense has no freaking excuses aside from that the coach can't employ his best weapons effectively, and the QB can not make the throws asked of him.

You'll get no argument from me that this HC?OC is a fraud and a hopeless, helpless mess. And I can't defend Fitz or the o-line today.

As for the last NE game, only one turnover resulted in good field position and a score for NE. The first NE game was a total defensive collapse, turnovers or not.

Edited by Mr. WEO

The #1 reason we lost was we are poorly coached on both sides of the ball (the QB, if he had a decent play caller wouldn't be in the position to lose so much and therefore, even though I haven't been a Fitz supporter for 6 weeks now, he would do better). I knew the eventual outcome of the game after the last 4 minutes of the first half, don't why I kept watching... must be the car crash/trainwreck compulsion.

I could make a list of all the bad coaching decisions they made in the game, but the 5 or 6 right before and into that last 4 minutes........says it all.

And why, just why? Is there no rule in place that you can't review any aspect of a game, if it is obvious the dumb ass refs made a mistake on the call. Penalties...Fumbles....TDs....plays in the last 2 minutes of the half or game.....it should all be open to say hey wait... that is BS! And each team should have 2 of those chances a half, let the nfl sell more beer or whatever. They really need to start getting the calls better. That fumble that wasn't to be and the plays right after it, basically coast us the game. Even though they played like dog****, they some how were still in it.

Edited by bowery4

What bothers me most is that durung this 13 year tire fire, this arguably is one of the more talented teams. It's at the same time arguably the worst coached. You can't win no matter who the players are when the coaches shoot the team in its collective foot with bad play calling me poor decision making.

Ur tire fire reference was so appropriate. I actually like a lot of the players on this team. We have decent talent and terrible coaching. And a horrible starting QB. Not kicking the FG at the 34 was maddening. And continuously putting the game on Fitzie shows that Gailey does not know how to win w the players that he and Nix have assembled. bottom line is wins and losses. We are 5-15 in our last 20 games. That is terrible. We are one of the weakest Teams in the league in the way we play and the way we compete. Fitz puts absolutely no fear in the opposition, the same goes with Gailey. Changes will have to be made, and hopefully very soon.