Elimnate Field Goals too (And Punts)

Man, you just came here with "eliminate kicks cause kickers aren't football players"

You're going to get some joking. If you don't get why, I'm sorry. No real harm is meant but its a thread begging for jokes.

Personally I am very happy that this was posted. i've invented a new game and will make millions.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea bc you've joking all this time

Like I said - no serious harm meant here. I do think its utterly absurd, and will give you a hard time about arguing kickers don't play football but I also don't intend to ruin your night either. Didn't think you were taking it seriously enough for some jokes to actually offend.

Personally I am very happy that this was posted. i've invented a new game and will make millions.

They'll frame this thread in the up-down ball hall of fame, and do an E60 about you and barbarian staying strong in the face of me trying to bring y'all down.

Like I said - no serious harm meant here. I do think its utterly absurd, and will give you a hard time about arguing kickers don't play football but I also don't intend to ruin your night either. Didn't think you were taking it seriously enough for some jokes to actually offend.

They'll frame this thread in the up-down ball hall of fame, and do an E60 about you and barbarian staying strong in the face of me trying to bring y'all down.

Barbarian & me, together we are unvincable!

Don't know why it's so hard to imagine the game with no kicking, just think about it for a minute before coming back with knee jerk reactions.

What is the name of the game you are talking about?

doesn't everyone dis kickers and say they are not real football players, how many announcers do the same thing.

this shouldn't be some sacrilegious concept.

Barbarian & me, together we are unvincable!

What is the name of the game you are talking about?

Barbarian Ball !!! You and I are gona be rich!!!

I am serious about the idea but since your just joking, no harm then.

Don't know why it's so hard to imagine the game with no kicking, just think about it for a minute before coming back with knee jerk reactions.

You basically want to turn the NFL into a game of madden with no strategy other then going for it all game long which is lame

Kicking is part of the game but it is a problem when teams are basically in FG range as soon as they cross the 50

Edited by Max997

You basically want to turn the NFL into a game of madden with no strategy other then going for it all game long which is lame

Kicking is part of the game but it is a problem when teams are basically in FG range as soon as they cross the 50

No you would still have to punt but now when you get across their 35, teams would be more likely to go for it than punt. Plus their would still be kickoffs after scores just not PATs and FGs. The punter by rule would kickoff so as to not waste a roster spot on another kicker.

Just think No wide right, Jim gets the team across the 20 and we get 3 points and win the superbowl

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

No you would still have to punt but now when you get across their 35, teams would be more likely to go for it than punt. Plus their would still be kickoffs after scores just not PATs and FGs. The punter by rule would kickoff so as to not waste a roster spot on another kicker.

Just think No wide right, Jim gets the team across the 20 and we get 3 points and win the superbowl

So punters are football players?

ARE WE F***ING SERIOUS????

You guys are sounding like the current NFL management - let's eliminate something that's been a huge part of the game for such a long time because one person complained about something remotely related to it.

Get a grip, people.

ARE WE F***ING SERIOUS????

You guys are sounding like the current NFL management - let's eliminate something that's been a huge part of the game for such a long time because one person complained about something remotely related to it.

Get a grip, people.

Score another one for me. Take that barbarian ball.

I just dont understand this line of thinking. We saw two kickers miss in overtime yesterday. Its makes the game exciting, it adds strategy and its been a part of the game for years.

I dont understand why anyone would think the game needs to change more than it already has.

because kickers arent football players.

but punters are.

primarily so we can keep longsnappers.

Probably right around the time they decided on that goofy ball. A few decades before the forward pass was invented (perfected?) by the great tannehill.

The real question: why don't we have Skelton yet!?!? We could've just left mario when we were out there. Too easy. Nix must've been asleep.

I heard Ryan Lindley is available.

Along with getting rid of extra points the NFL Also needs to eliminate field goals too.

Football is meant to be played by running and throwing the ball not by kicking the ball through some sticks, who even thought of that idea.

The 20 yard line would be the 3 point line and if you can get to the endzone you get other four points for a TD (or 3 if 2 point conversion is desired).

this would bring a lot more excitement to the game as way more teams would go for it on fourth down, which would also mean less punts too and teams getting pinned in tight to the endzone for more safeties.

All in all it would make the game better and more exciting, which everyone from the League to players to fans would like.

What about interceptions and fumbles in the redzone?

Does the offense still get 3 points?

Would it more sense to just take the ball to the one and accept 3 points and stick bad field position?

Why eliminate kickers but not punters?

What if you intercept a pass with a team backed up into their own redzone? Can you just take 3 points and let them go again just give them the ball back?

Are you jus trolling? This doesn't make sense.