Bronc24

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hall. Remind you of cam newton....

How was he last year?

And this year?

The comparison is ludicrous. Have you listened to any of them in interviews? Cam is very talented, but very dumb and full of himself. (see the articles about his behavior at the Pro Bowl last year). He also had Steve Smith to pass to last year, and two great RB's. RGIII is very humble, smart, and continuously improving. He's also put up great numbers despite having mediocre WR's.

The Rams should be getting blasted for not taking RG3. How many people would rather have Bradford than RG3? Fitz is a better QB right now than Bradford.

I wouldn't go that far. Bradford: leads team on game winning drive. Fitz: throws another interception and has a pass happy HC who was scared to throw it into the end zone at the end of the first half due to Fitz's awfulness. But, I do agree that RGIII is better than Bradford, but I'd take Bradford over Fitz any day.

The comparison is ludicrous. Have you listened to any of them in interviews? Cam is very talented, but very dumb and full of himself. (see the articles about his behavior at the Pro Bowl last year). He also had Steve Smith to pass to last year, and two great RB's. RGIII is very humble, smart, and continuously improving. He's also put up great numbers despite having mediocre WR's.

I wouldn't go that far. Bradford: leads team on game winning drive. Fitz: throws another interception and has a pass happy HC who was scared to throw it into the end zone at the end of the first half due to Fitz's awfulness. But, I do agree that RGIII is better than Bradford, but I'd take Bradford over Fitz any day.

Disagree completely. The best thing about Bradford is he is a #1 pick. Fitz has been better in every season since he's been in the league and was much better Sunday. On the "game winning drive," Bradford threw 2 shoulda be INTs that a former wr dropped and threw a terrible pass on 4th down that a wr made a great catch on. RG3 is much, much, much better than Bradford and Fitz is a better QB than him at this point as well.

Anyone doubting the trade is out of their mind crazy! RG3 has proved me wrong and I am not afraid to admit it. I thought Wash paid too much on the backs of Newtons rookie year making a guy like RG3 look so valuable, but RG3 has not only proven his worth, but exceeded it.

People are making Newton comparison solely because they are both African American QB's who have a knack for scrambling...just like Newton was compared to Vick. But thats where the comparisons stop. Newton is no slouch, however, RG3 is a way better quarterback, more intelligent, and more charismatic (making him a better leader). The only thing Newton has on RG3 is size making him a more physical runner and probably more durable in terms of that.

This kid is the real deal and Washington got a bargain for him in retrospect. And St Louis should have just traded Bradford to them instead like they originally talked about and then drafted RG3. Although, I admit I thought the trade was the better move for them on draft night (and its still a good trade for a team needing more talent), but now I cant imagine taking that trade instead of RG3.

Anyone doubting the trade is out of their mind crazy! RG3 has proved me wrong and I am not afraid to admit it. I thought Wash paid too much on the backs of Newtons rookie year making a guy like RG3 look so valuable, but RG3 has not only proven his worth, but exceeded it.

People are making Newton comparison solely because they are both African American QB's who have a knack for scrambling...just like Newton was compared to Vick. But thats where the comparisons stop. Newton is no slouch, however, RG3 is a way better quarterback, more intelligent, and more charismatic (making him a better leader). The only thing Newton has on RG3 is size making him a more physical runner and probably more durable in terms of that.

This kid is the real deal and Washington got a bargain for him in retrospect. And St Louis should have just traded Bradford to them instead like they originally talked about and then drafted RG3. Although, I admit I thought the trade was the better move for them on draft night (and its still a good trade for a team needing more talent), but now I cant imagine taking that trade instead of RG3.

Told ya so. :nana:

Disagree completely. The best thing about Bradford is he is a #1 pick. Fitz has been better in every season since he's been in the league and was much better Sunday. On the "game winning drive," Bradford threw 2 shoulda be INTs that a former wr dropped and threw a terrible pass on 4th down that a wr made a great catch on. RG3 is much, much, much better than Bradford and Fitz is a better QB than him at this point as well.

How anyone defends Fitz is beyond my comprehension. Are we watching the same league? I've watched Bradford a bunch this year and, despite not being great, he is markedly better than Fitz. The simple fact is that Fitz is incapable of making certain throws...he can't throw deep outs (critical to keeping drives going, especially 2 min drill), he can't hit a receiver on fly patterns, and he is wildly erratic. I like the guy, but c'mon, his shortcomings are costing us games.

Edited by Thisistheyear

How anyone defends Fitz is beyond my comprehension. Are we watching the same league? I've watched Bradford a bunch this year and, despite not being great, he is markedly better than Fitz. The simple fact is that Fitz is incapable of making certain throws...he can't throw deep outs (critical to keeping drives going, especially 2 min drill), he can't hit a receiver on fly patterns, and he is wildly erratic. I like the guy, but c'mon, his shortcomings are costing us games.

I love how I'm defending Fitz. I want a new starter nest year. I'm simply saying he isn't the worst starter in the NFL. Bradford has been worse every year, Bradford was worse Sunday head to head, and Bradford would have lost if the Bills didn't throw up on themselves.

The thing most likely to queer the RGIII deal (and I'm not saying its likely to happen) is injury. True he is about the same size as Steve Young, but SY took a beating. No telling now if RGIII will be as durable or less so. The prospect of career limiting injury can affect all players, certainly QBs, but is less likely to bite A Luck or Cam Newton.

I love how I'm defending Fitz. I want a new starter nest year. I'm simply saying he isn't the worst starter in the NFL. Bradford has been worse every year, Bradford was worse Sunday head to head, and Bradford would have lost if the Bills didn't throw up on themselves.

Well, then we agree. Although, if I have a choice of Bradford or Fitz next year, I'm taking Bradford. I wouldn't give anything up for him, but I already know what I don't have in Fitzpatrick. Bradford is still young, has endured injuries and coaching turmoil and has a great arm.

Lol what? If you're joking then that's kind of funny but I you're not then I'm confused.

The guy has played 13 games, he may be a great QB one day but as of right now he may not even be the greatest in his class.

You think Luck is better?

Statistics don't tell the whole story, but if we use that as our measure, the 105 rated Griffin III with his 18 TDs against 4 interceptions is Michael Jordan, while the 74.5 rated Luck with his 18 TDs to 18 interceptions is Clyde Drexler/Dominique Wilkins.

I'm biased as I said last year that RGIII would be the better pro - and frankly, as of now, the statistics vindicate my prediction.

But for all I know you could be talking about Wilson or someone else...

That still wouldn't make sense though, because RGIII is better than him too. In fact, RGIII was the best player to come out of the 2012 draft by a good margin. Speaking of Michael Jordan, St. Louis has to feel like they picked Sam Bowie.

Sorry to interrupt. Robert Griffin has a cannon arm.

Dont like him and luck for all the attention they get. I'm burned out from so much of it.

In the second quarter against the Ravens on Sunday, RGIII threw an incomplete pass 69 yards in the air (the announcer said 60 but it was almost 70 by my count) right down the left sideline after side-stepping a defender.

Edited by Juror#8

I loved the RG3 deal when it was made. The Redskins realized that they were get nowhere without a QB and they put all the chips on the table on a player that had everything you wanted in a modern day QB. Maybe Shanahan is great because he knows you go know where without a quailty QB and convinced Snyder to make the move.

It was a risk yes but barred injury RG3 is gonna be one of the greats to play in the pros. You can see he has it.

The Bills had a chance to do the same thing with Cam. they blew it. Cam is better than Fitz right now. Cam and CJ in the same backfield??

The Bills were hoping that Cam fell to them. The Redskins KNEW that RG3 wasnt falling to them and made the correct move to go get him.

I understand why Shanahan didnt want to come here now. No way he was gonna get his QB here because we a too cheap of an organization to make a bold move like that.

The Redskins are better than the Bills because of Coaching and a better QB.

When will OBD ever learn??

RG3 has also been far more efficient than Newton. The comparisons are foolish and, frankly, borderline racist.

Not racist. I sse this as just comparing two very mobile strong arm qb's that were highly touted draft prospects. Although I would probably compare Cam more to luck and RG3 to Vick in playing style.

Once you throw smarts and leadership into it, I can not think of a player like rg3. He's a smarter Vick or Cutler, more mobile Steve Young, or Taller more charismatic Doug Flutie... Maybe more like Randall Cunningham but with stronger leadership attributes?

He's actually very unique. Cam seems a lot more like a traditional pocket passer these days capable of running when needed.

You think Luck is better?

Statistics don't tell the whole story, but if we use that as our measure, the 105 rated Griffin III with his 18 TDs against 4 interceptions is Michael Jordan, while the 74.5 rated Luck with his 18 TDs to 18 interceptions is Clyde Drexler/Dominique Wilkins.

I'm biased as I said last year that RGIII would be the better pro - and frankly, as of now, the statistics vindicate my prediction.

But for all I know you could be talking about Wilson or someone else...

That still wouldn't make sense though, because RGIII is better than him too. In fact, RGIII was the best player to come out of the 2012 draft by a good margin. Speaking of Michael Jordan, St. Louis has to feel like they picked Sam Bowie.

In the second quarter against the Ravens on Sunday, RGIII threw an incomplete pass 69 yards in the air (the announcer said 60 but it was almost 70 by my count) right down the left sideline after side-stepping a defender.

I never said Luck is better, I was trying to illustrate that only time will tell. Maybe RGIII is better now but that means absolutely nothing. Newton was great last year, now what? The NFL catches up with QBs, always.

This, this a thousand times this. I too thought the Redskins paid too much, but part of that results from my living here in DC and being embarrassed that our team didn't consider making such a crazy deal. What's more, I thought drafting Kirk Cousins was absolutely bonkers. Well, not anymore.

There was a time when Buffalo might have pulled something like this off. Ah, the memories ... we were hosting a halloween party when I was attending UB. I went out to get a few more supplies an hour or so before the party when I flicked on the car radio and was floored by the news. I rushed home to tell my housemates - "blockbuster trade, C. Bennett coming to Buff." Boy did we have one heck of a party that night. Going into the 87 draft, I wanted Bennett more than anything, but was happy with Shane given Bennett being off the board. You can imagine how I felt the night of the trade. Kind of like Redskin fans with RG and KC.

I loved the RG3 deal when it was made. The Redskins realized that they were get nowhere without a QB and they put all the chips on the table on a player that had everything you wanted in a modern day QB. Maybe Shanahan is great because he knows you go know where without a quailty QB and convinced Snyder to make the move.

It was a risk yes but barred injury RG3 is gonna be one of the greats to play in the pros. You can see he has it.

The Bills had a chance to do the same thing with Cam. they blew it. Cam is better than Fitz right now. Cam and CJ in the same backfield??

The Bills were hoping that Cam fell to them. The Redskins KNEW that RG3 wasnt falling to them and made the correct move to go get him.

I understand why Shanahan didnt want to come here now. No way he was gonna get his QB here because we a too cheap of an organization to make a bold move like that.

The Redskins are better than the Bills because of Coaching and a better QB.

When will OBD ever learn??

Total revisionist history. Everybody else who needed Cam Newton last season, including the Broncos, blew it, too. The simple fact is Carolina was NEVER gonna deal that pick and miss out on their once in a generation chance to land the franchise QB they needed. Period.

GO BILLS!!!

Total revisionist history. Everybody else who needed Cam Newton last season, including the Broncos, blew it, too. The simple fact is Carolina was NEVER gonna deal that pick and miss out on their once in a generation chance to land the franchise QB they needed. Period.

GO BILLS!!!

ok I give you that.

But still they had a chance to better the QB position and they still haven't.