RGIII deal in retrospect

Bronc24

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing most likely to queer the RGIII deal (and I'm not saying its likely to happen) is injury. True he is about the same size as Steve Young, but SY took a beating. No telling now if RGIII will be as durable or less so. The prospect of career limiting injury can affect all players, certainly QBs, but is less likely to bite A Luck or Cam Newton.

The one thing that impresses me about RG3 is his studious background (having two US sergeants for parents) tells me that as he gets older, he'll adapt and become a real student of the game. He takes me as the kind of guy who will watch hours of game tape and practice learning how to read defenses and make adjustments. I remember someone saying about RG3 last year - all the skills of Vick but with the passion of Peyton. That is one deadly combination if true.

Good on the Redskins for taking a chance. If RG3 was doing what he is now in a Bills uniform, this board would have spontaneously combusted weeks ago from the internet orgasms he would have caused.

At this point in time RG3 has unlimited upside and we're sticking with a career backup in the downward slide of his career. The odds of Fitz suddenly getting better are low and not for long. I don't think most are enamored with RG3 because of what he's necessarily done so far but his potential dwarfs Fitz.

At this point in time RG3 has unlimited upside and we're sticking with a career backup in the downward slide of his career. The odds of Fitz suddenly getting better are low and not for long. I don't think most are enamored with RG3 because of what he's necessarily done so far but his potential dwarfs Fitz.

His on field production dwarfs Fitz too