RGIII deal in retrospect

Bronc24

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think they gave up too much but will make up for it when they trade their other rookie QB in a year or two which was a great pick

It was an extremely risky move bc if it doesn't workout skins would be screwed for a long time

As far as Newton, the league has adjusted to him just like they will RG3 this offseason

Much better passer than Cam Newton. And are you saying you would have not had made that move?

I'm guessing this is first time u r seeing RG3 play bc before last week he was really struggling in the passing game

Edited by Max997

Sure throws a pretty INT

I love you always defend Fitz to ad nauseum but pick on quality QBs like RG3 by commenting on his INT after he had already thrown 4 TDs and had a spectacular day and a flawless week 5 days ago too. I mean, you even hated on him because of Newton when they are not the same player. This kid, and newton, are light years better than any QB we have trotted out since Kelly, and it's not even close.

I still think they gave up too much but will make up for it when they trade their other rookie QB in a year or two which was a great pick

It was an extremely risky move bc if it doesn't workout skins would be screwed for a long time

As far as Newton, the league has adjusted to him just like they will RG3 this offseason

I'm guessing this is first time u r seeing RG3 play bc before last week he was really struggling in the passing game

i look at this another way.....

first round draft picks are risky and over rated....

i look at a first round draft pick as a $5 million "cap slot".....they did NOT lose the cap space, it is still available to use on a PROVEN free agent....they only lost the right to use that cap space on an unproven rookie.

I love you always defend Fitz to ad nauseum but pick on quality QBs like RG3 by commenting on his INT after he had already thrown 4 TDs and had a spectacular day and a flawless week 5 days ago too. I mean, you even hated on him because of Newton when they are not the same player. This kid, and newton, are light years better than any QB we have trotted out since Kelly, and it's not even close.

It's hilarious that everyone assumes I'm defending Fitz. I'm not. I'm pointing out the blind worship people have for touted players. RGIII can do no wrong, even when he does, because he's RGIII. We crown players before they even finish a full season. Heck we crown them after one play! Marauder is all agog over RGIII today but is oblivious to any bad games he had.

PTR

It's hilarious that everyone assumes I'm defending Fitz. I'm not. I'm pointing out the blind worship people have for touted players. RGIII can do no wrong, even when he does, because he's RGIII. We crown players before they even finish a full season. Heck we crown them after one play! Marauder is all agog over RGIII today but is oblivious to any bad games he had.

PTR

Andrew Luck is a future Hall of Famer....

too soon ?

PTR

Oblivious? Look at my history in the spring. I was all over making a move for him. And I "crowned his ass" before he played a down in the NFL, oh all knowing one.

I wish we made the deal before he played a down. I feel the same now, although I'm beyond happy we got Gilmore and Glenn. Was a win-win. Luckily we won too. Although I think the Skins are the big winners as long as he stays healthy.

PTR

Too precious. Maybe one of these days you'll realize that it's not a particular player that the critics are pining for, but the sad reality that each successive Bills front office in 14 years hasn't been able to field a competent team. Yet, you keep disparaging fans that are critical of this joke of a franchise.