RGIII deal in retrospect

Bronc24

rg3 is way different then newton hes the real deal. I wanted him then and I will want him for as long as hes a pro. People love to compare cam and rg3 but theyre completely different players its not even fair to compare to the two.

But, but, they're both black!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too precious. Maybe one of these days you'll realize that it's not a particular player that the critics are pining for, but the sad reality that each successive Bills front office in 14 years hasn't been able to field a competent team. Yet, you keep disparaging fans that are critical of this joke of a franchise.

I disparage those who's opinions change based on what happens a minute ago.

PTR

i look at this another way.....

first round draft picks are risky and over rated....

i look at a first round draft pick as a $5 million "cap slot".....they did NOT lose the cap space, it is still available to use on a PROVEN free agent....they only lost the right to use that cap space on an unproven rookie.

You mean unproven rookies bc it was more then one pick

I also don't agree with ur logic

Edited by Max997

The Redskins will not miss those draft picks, and Cleveland will forever regret not making this deal.

It's very early, but RGIII appears to be as good as advertised. Players like him are rare, and they make everyone on the team better.

Griffin is having a spectacular rookie season, even without his #1 receiver (Garcon) for most of the season.

His success is coming with players like Alfred Morris, Aldrick Robinson and Logan Paulson.

Too precious. Maybe one of these days you'll realize that it's not a particular player that the critics are pining for, but the sad reality that each successive Bills front office in 14 years hasn't been able to field a competent team. Yet, you keep disparaging fans that are critical of this joke of a franchise.

Great post. Ineptitude has pervaded this front office throughout this franchise's streak of futility.

PTR

Not from my vantage point. More often than not, you side with the decisions at OBD, even if the critique is valid and from posters who don't swing from the weathervane.

PTR

PTR is the #1 cheerleader of the pathetic enterprise that is the Buffalo Bills, currently holding the dubious distinction of the longest playoff draught in the NFL at 13 years. In second place are the Browns and Raiders at 10 years. At least this is one area in which the Bills hold a comfortable lead :)

Not from my vantage point. More often than not, you side with the decisions at OBD, even if the critique is valid and from posters who don't swing from the weathervane.

Last year it was Cam. This year it's RGIII. Every year the howler monkeys find a new jock to cling to.

PTR

Every year the howler monkeys find a new jock to cling to.

Every year, exciting and dynamic franchise-changing players come into the league.

Every year, the Bills underwhelm on draft day.

Every year, the Bills miss the playoffs.

This year, the Bills will extend that drought to an NFL record 14 years.

Edited by Dawgg

Last year it was Cam. This year it's RGIII. Every year the howler monkeys find a new jock to cling to.

PTR

So Rg3 is not worth howling about ? Have you ever seen his work? I'd reccomend clinging to his jock ASAP. The kids throwing fastballs out there. (unlike everyone's favorite bearded qb)

8tds in 2 weeks works for me. Arooooooo aroooooooooo. I'm howling for kaepernick, rg3 , Russell Wilson and all other flashes in the pan aroooooooooooooooo mallett. Arooooooooooooo cousins.

Ar RA RA RA aroooooo Aaron Williams over kaepernick. Good one front office

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Every year, exciting and dynamic franchise-changing players come into the league.

Every year, the Bills underwhelm on draft day.

Every year, the Bills miss the playoffs.

This year, the Bills will extend that draught to an NFL record 14 years.

First the word is spelled "drought". "Draught" is pronounced "draft", as in draught beer.

Second the Bills playoff drought is at 12 years.

If by "underwhelming draft" you mean we don't trade all our picks for one hype, then I guess you're right.

And yes exciting players enter the league every year. All are lauded, some perform, some fail.

So with regard to RG3, the Redskins gave up three 1sts and a 2nd to move up from 6th to 2nd.

What would the Bills have had to give up to move from 10th to 2nd?

Would it be worth it to give up four 1sts and a 2nd?

No matter how good the guy is, at some point, the price is too high. Not sure when that point is but four 1sts and a 2nd is getting close.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

RG is a great football player, no question. But the Redskins have many needs and no first round picks the next two years and only one number 2 pick. That combined with their salary cap penalty leaves them with little to look forward to the next two years unless you consider a one man team a winning proposition. And don't get too excited about the Skins last two wins, which were against the messed-up Eagles and mediocre Dallas.

People around here say that the Bills have not had a QB since Jim Kelly.

Well the Redskins haven't had a QB since Joe Theismann.

The Redskins liked what they saw in Griffin and took a big risk in that trade to get him. Right now it seems that the trade has paid off, but that could change.

The Redskins have been a struggling team in a tough division, and they made a move to get a player at the most important position on a team.

Yes it is a risk, but sometimes a team has to do those things.

As with all things in life the amount they gave up is all relative to the franchise. Pittsburgh does not spend big money on FA's. They live by the draft. Washington rightly or wrongly even going back to Bobbie Beatherd/Joe Gibbs simply uses the draft differently. Beatherd would trade the following year's first round draft pick routinely and Dan Snyder has shown he will pay anything for FA's. Like another poster said they will just spend more on FA's and fill one or two more roster spots with middle of the road FA's instead of unproven rookies. Is it the right thing to do? Who knows? It certainly can be no worse than holding onto the picks and then making one horrible choice after another...who does that sound like???