Are people still wanting Barkely??

billsFORlife50

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he would still be better than Fitz, which is good enough for me. but there are other qbs that would probably be better and get drafted later. I am not sure where Kyle Wilson will get drafted, but if we could get a good lb in the first and Kyle Wilson in the 2nd, then I say good deal. That cuse qb in the 3rd or 4th wouldnt became bad idea. Part of me actually wants them to draft two qbs.

Glennon.

Has all the arm strength you would ever want, and is of ideal size for a NFL QB, his decision making skills and accuracy on his throws are highly erratic. I wouldn't touch him in the first half of the 1st round. Although, if the Bills drafted a stud LB in the 1st, I would be thrilled with a trade-up to grab Glennon.

Barkley makes me nervous, he could be another Mark Sanchez or Matt Leinart.

Personally, I like Tyler Wilson & Aaron Murray and would be happy with either of these guys.

As for Mike Glennon, I have not been paying attention to him or NC State, so I do not have an objective opinion of him.

The more I watch of him, the more I like. Saw Dilfer compare him to Flacco earlier on Twitter. Can't complain about that. Early 2nd would be ideal

That's a good comparison re: Glennon. Seems kinda like Flacco but maybe a little more mobility. Definitely has a strong arm and doesn't leave many passes short or struggle to throw deep. Unfortunately, his stock has been rising and he could end up being another Ponder or Locker situation where some team grabs him in round 1, top 20. QB's are going to fall off the board quickly now that teams don't hesitate to start rookies on opening day.

An L.A. Times piece on USC players with a bit devoted to Barkley's falling stock (complete with two comments from NFL scouts):

http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-sp-usc-ucla-nfl-prospects-20121114,0,182828.story

Also, news that Barkley dislocated his shoulder in the loss to UCLA today:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.