Are people still wanting Barkely??

billsFORlife50

Barkely is having another not very stellar game and personally I would not draft him with any pick. He looks just as bad as Sanchez was in college, and I would be very upset to have him as my future QB.

That's all just curious how many people still think he'd be worth drafting?

Nope he sucks, Landry is going to be the QB in this draft.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't take a QB in the 1st he will be around in the 3rd & 4th Rounds

C'mon you can't be serious? He's going first round, mark it down.

"MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- On fourth down in the final seconds on Saturday, Landry Jones gave wideout Kenny Stills a quick glance. Then with the West Virginia crowd screaming and the pressure mounting, Oklahoma's senior quarterback changed the play.

"As a competitor, you want these moments in your life," Jones said. "When it's all on the line.

"And the ball's in your hands." (Clutch, Gamer, Winner)

Thanks goodness for the Sooners, it was.

After calling the audible, Jones slung a pass right into Stills' chest for the game-winning score, lifting the Sooners to a dramatic 50-49 victory Saturday in their maiden voyage to Morgantown.

"That was all him," Stills said. "He changed the play.

"People continue to doubt him. He just continues to add to on to his legacy."

He broke his own school record with 554 passing yards and six touchdowns, completing 38 of 51 passes. But Jones' final throw was the difference."

http://espn.go.com/colleges/oklahoma/football/story/_/id/8647931/oklahoma-sooners-quarterback-landry-jones-leads-game-winning-drive-first-time

Personaly I don't think Jones 6th rounder & I wouldn't draft him at all

And you think Barkley and Smith are Better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Way I see it...I believe its likely Buffalo draft spot will be 17-23. I dont expect a stud LB to be available then because they get taken early in the first. There are a bunch of QBs who project to be last third of the 1st round to early 3rd round.

If they draft later I see no problem with them drafting a QB...What I would prefer they did was to do some movement to drop down later in the 1st and then move up earlier in the second. then draft a QB and LB.

I disagree with lumping the USC QBs into one pool. Leinart is different. He really didnt get a fair shot in Arizona. For any pro you are going to have bad games...its a learning process. it takes a couple years for a Qb to learn the job. He was in the situation with Kurt Warner behind him who could still do it. It reminds me in some ways to the Brees/Rivers issue in SD. Then he goes to Houston as the obvious back up. He gets is shut with the injury to Schaub...then he gets injured. Had he not have gotten injuried he would have been a high demand QB that was in the bidding war with Flynn for jobs.

C'mon you can't be serious? He's going first round, mark it down.And you think Barkley and Smith are Better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am serious, there is a big difference in college game &the NFL if you watched the WVU/Oak game last night you'd saw Landry had an easy time vs WVU defense wide open WR while Smith threw through defenders with beautiful parses that TD that smith Drop in just over the DB was NFL Perfect

there are 3 teams that could take a QB & those teams aren't locks there could be a surprise team but Landry isn't going to be the guy he has better prospect ahead of him & Barkley & Smith are just two

Edited by Matt183

"MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- On fourth down in the final seconds on Saturday, Landry Jones gave wideout Kenny Stills a quick glance. Then with the West Virginia crowd screaming and the pressure mounting, Oklahoma's senior quarterback changed the play.

"As a competitor, you want these moments in your life," Jones said. "When it's all on the line.

"And the ball's in your hands." (Clutch, Gamer, Winner)

That's definitely the mentality that I want to see in whoever we have behind center...that's the type of attitude that Murray has really exhibited this year, as well. I want a QB who wants his name called in the high pressure situations, but I also want him to deliver. You know how high I am on my boy Murray, but if Jones can deliver in this regard then he's welcome on my team anytime. With the QB being the most able to impact the game (of all positions on the field), you have GOT to have someone with the mental game. That's why I had no problem putting TONS of stock in the Gruden piece with Russell Wilson last year. After I saw that, I was ready to go to war with that kid. That was one of the most impressive mental performances I've seen during an interview situation. The guy was breaking down terminology and plays not from his time at Wisconsin, but from when he was playing for North CArolina or whatever the hell team he played for before the transfer. He was sharp as a tack and gruden was enamored with him. There was just never any doubt that he'd find a way to get it done at the next level, and now he's the highest rated QB in the league at home. I would have loved to see him in red, white and blue, but nothing can be done about that now....can only hope that Buddy finds a way to bring us a winner.

another poster boy for NOT staying in school....

at this rate...he may fall out of first round....

i should say...if he gets past Buffalo's first round pick, he falls out of first round.....

“Physically, he’s very average,” one scout said. “When he’s throwing it across the field on a deep out, the ball sort of hangs in the air. He doesn’t have that ability to just drive it. In the NFL, with the corners, they break so much quicker. They see it quicker, they close. A lot of those balls are going the other direction at the next level.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/17/could-matt-barkleys-draft-stock-be-slipping/

Aaron Murray that another QB that's going to surprise people I am real high on him I was high on Russell Wilson I got to watch almost every Wisconsin game so I saw what he could do & another guy I liked was Kirk Cousin

My Top 5 QB Prospects

Geno Smith QB WVU

Matt Barkley QB USC

Aaron Murray QB UGA

Tyler Wilson QB ARK

Tyler Bray QBUTENN

i should say...if he gets past Buffalo's first round pick, he falls out of first round.....

“Physically, he’s very average,” one scout said. “When he’s throwing it across the field on a deep out, the ball sort of hangs in the air. He doesn’t have that ability to just drive it. In the NFL, with the corners, they break so much quicker. They see it quicker, they close. A lot of those balls are going the other direction at the next level.”

http://profootballta...ck-be-slipping/

He is not falling out of the first round, Collin Klein has one bad game & its like he out of the Heisman Race, Panic = Rating, look at the NFL 49ers,Texans & Falcons all winning but they talk everyday all day about the Cowboys, Eagles & Jets all losers the cover them just because the controversy they cause

Barkley is a victim of the media making a story from nothing

He is not falling out of the first round, Collin Klein has one bad game & its like he out of the Heisman Race, Panic = Rating, look at the NFL 49ers,Texans & Falcons all winning but they talk everyday all day about the Cowboys, Eagles & Jets all losers the cover them just because the controversy they cause

just as a point of reference....

Kipers Big Board has Barkley ranked #15

Scout's Big Board has Barkley ranked #20

there isnt a qb worth a first round pick this year, Id rather take a wide reciever or liinebacker who can run

how high would he have went last year ? Certainly in the top 10

there isnt a qb worth a first round pick this year, Id rather take a wide reciever or liinebacker who can run

how high would he have went last year ? Certainly in the top 10

barkley was a potential Top 5 pick had he come out.....heck, the bills probably would have taken him instead of gilmore.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.