Benghazi

...Which, as Morell's testimony clearly states, is not as clear cut as you'd like to think.

The people on the ground were not in agreement with the cause, let alone the various intelligence apparatuses and the WH. Hitting the WH with charges of obscuring the cause during the immediate weeks after the attack, during the campaign, that's politics 101. Romney and the GOP rightly used the tool available to them and it wound up backfiring during the debates. That specific line of attack -- dealing with how the WH responded to the attacks -- should have ended when the general election was over. That's when it was time to let go of the politics and shift the focus to what really matters: preventing further attacks by figuring out how this one was successful.

But the witch hunt hasn't stopped. It's been 19 months and as a country we've spent more time and energy trying to stick it to the WH rather than actually working to keep American diplomats safer. Look at 3rd's posts, he admits he doesn't think this administration should be given any slack -- and he's probably right -- but when those kind of political emotions get brought into this kind of tragedy, no good comes from it.

If the goal is to protect Americans, then your argument cannot be "they started it" -- which is how your argument is coming across.

I personally don't blame Obama or Hillary or anyone in the administration for what happened, as intelligence is often incomplete and difficult to decipher. I'll cling (maybe naively) to the sincere hope that whoever is in office is doing their best, which is rarely ever good enough.

But to drum up a bs story about the cause being a YouTube video, and to cling to that story as long as they did, speaks a lot about our leadership.

I'll also add that Hillary's performance in front of Congress leaves a lot to be desired for someone with aspirations of leading our country.

Have you ever considered your posts are largely idiotic and I don't care to figure out what they are trying to say? Man you are textbook liberal. Make wild accusations with no backing facts, when challenged get emotional, loud, and start screaming personal insults. You come across as extremely angry .to me. What happened to you?

"What difference dose it make"

I personally don't blame Obama or Hillary or anyone in the administration for what happened, as intelligence is often incomplete and difficult to decipher. I'll cling (maybe naively) to the sincere hope that whoever is in office is doing their best, which is rarely ever good enough.

But to drum up a bs story about the cause being a YouTube video, and to cling to that story as long as they did, speaks a lot about our leadership.

I'll also add that Hillary's performance in front of Congress leaves a lot to be desired for someone with aspirations of leading our country.

Makes you appreciate a head coach in professional sports (who are under a microscope at all times) that stands in front of the camera minutes after a painful loss and takes the blame, explains what happened and makes no excuses - even when they know their own job and popularity are on the line.

Makes you appreciate a head coach in professional sports (who are under a microscope at all times) that stands in front of the camera minutes after a painful loss and takes the blame, explains what happened and makes no excuses - even when they know their own job and popularity are on the line.

Except for the life and DEATH part, a fine analogy!

I'll never understand the propensity of some of you to take any differing viewpoint, held by any poster, and, regardless of their positions on any other issues, immediately turn into idiot firebrands screaming "BURN THE LIBERAL!!! BURN THE LIBERAL!!!, assuming they disagree with you.

It is possible to hold an opposing viewpoint, such as the one Greg is espousing, being extremely critical of the Republican Party for continuing to politicize the unfortunate events of Bengazi, without being "an idiot" or "OMGBADLIBERALBAD!!!11!eleventy-one!1!!"

I don't disagree with Greg, in that I think it's disgusting that the event continues to be politicized by both parties. It's reasons like this that I don't support either one. It's also symptomatic of a Federal system grown far too large and too powerful by many maginitudes that the only way our representitives can be held accountable is politically, which has created a faux-necessity for the type of theater we are seeing related to this issue.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Here you are Chef, this is all I need to say. Will you ever answer a question Chef?

I guess you don't understand what the words your thoughts mean. I guess when you're led around by the nose it's kind of hard to have your own thoughts.

I'll never understand the propensity of some of you to take any differing viewpoint, held by any poster, and, regardless of their positions on any other issues, immediately turn into idiot firebrands screaming "BURN THE LIBERAL!!! BURN THE LIBERAL!!!, assuming they disagree with you.

It is possible to hold an opposing viewpoint, such as the one Greg is espousing, being extremely critical of the Republican Party for continuing to politicize the unfortunate events of Bengazi, without being "an idiot" or "OMGBADLIBERALBAD!!!11!eleventy-one!1!!"

I don't disagree with Greg, in that I think it's disgusting that the event continues to be politicized by both parties. It's reasons like this that I don't support either one. It's also symptomatic of a Federal system grown far too large and too powerful by many maginitudes that the only way our representitives can be held accountable is politically, which has created a faux-necessity for the type of theater we are seeing related to this issue.

Finding the truth is now "politicizing"?

Finding the truth is now "politicizing"?

No, politicizing is politicizing. Finding the truth, if finding the truth is actually the goal, is done without political grandstanding, and theater.

Who made it political first? And then insulted our intelligence by giving the explanation they did?

We don't live in the comparative.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

No, politicizing is politicizing. Finding the truth, if finding the truth is actually the goal, is done without political grandstanding, and theater.

Huh, politicians politicizing with grandstanding and theater. Who would have thought.

A suggestion regarding the congressional 'investigation'

More Obfuscation on Benghazi: Testimony by the former acting head of the CIA makes clear that Congress's current approach isn't sufficient

by Michael Mukasey

Last week's encounter between former acting CIA Director Michael Morell and the House Permanent Subcommittee on Intelligence may have brought us a bit closer to the truth of how four Americans came to be killed at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11, 2012, and how their countrymen came to be lied to about it. But the progress toward truth was probably not made in a way that Mr. Morell intended. The encounter on Capitol Hill also made clear that the forum that will take us all the way to the truth must be something other than a congressional hearing.

{snip}

Of course, neither Mr. Morell nor the directorate of intelligence is responsible for where the administration took the narrative, which included both Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Obama invoking the YouTube video over the caskets of the four slain Americans when they arrived in this country. Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton told the grieving families that the producer of the video would feel the weight of the law. It was one promise they kept: Nakoula Basseley Nakoula was arrested in the middle of the night in the glare of TV lights for a probation violation—the only arrest thus far growing out of the Benghazi attack, even though the identity and whereabouts of the principal suspects, one of whom is an alumnus of Guantanamo Bay, have long been known.

The Kabuki of a House intelligence hearing—with the witness delivering prepared remarks and committee members keeping one eye on the television cameras and relying on small staffs with many other responsibilities, questioning in five-minute bursts—is not suited to the sustained and focused effort necessary to test a witness's story and to pursue leads, even for members who wish to conduct a serious inquiry. The rules of Congress permit the appointment of a select committee to investigate a particular topic when circumstances warrant—a committee staffed for the job and with no other mandate. Notwithstanding Secretary Clinton's immortal "what difference at this point does it make?," the creation of such a committee is overdue.

Mr. Mukasey served as U.S. attorney general (2007-09) and a U.S. district judge for the Southern District of New York (1988-2006).

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303532704579481402659166832

Edited by B-Man

I guess you don't understand what the words your thoughts mean. I guess when you're led around by the nose it's kind of hard to have your own thoughts.

Ha! YOU are talking about having thoughts of your own. Funny. You are the guy that will never answer a question at all. My thoughts were summed up by the CIA guy, there is no scandal. Clear?

What are your thoughts here?

This:

is equally apologitic with this:

How dare you!! LOL!!

Here's a different point on the Benghazi debacle:

http://www.libertyne...hting-in-syria/

Here are the basics that we (America, in general) should be focusing on, but aren’t:

• Why do media outlets continue to refer to the “Special Mission Benghazi Compound” as a consulate?
  • Where are the so-called “terrorist” attackers/murderers? Have we stopped looking for them?
  • Who and where are the rest of the survivors and those evacuated after the attack?
  • Why did the attackers know they should target the Special Mission Benghazi Compound, and what was their true intention – what did they really want?
  • Why is there now so little discussion of the role the CIA played in the facilities that were attacked?
  • Why were 23 of the 30 American officials evacuated from Benghazi active within the CIA? Only 7 of the 30 worked for the State Department? Yet the media continue to characterize the Benghazi facility as a State Department installation?
  • Was the CIA Annex a facility used in a secret gun-running operation, and was Ambassador Chris Stevens involved?
  • Was the CIA Annex used to facilitate the flow of arms to (Muslim Brotherhood) insurgents fighting in Syria and possibly beyond?
  • Why are there two versions of the ARB (Accountability Review Board) Report? One is unclassified for public view, the other is highly classified, and while Congress can view it, they are legally forbidden to discuss it in public hearings or in news interviews.

We obviously don’t have answers to all of these questions, but we will provide you with an overview, some context and our reasoning for each of them.

http://news.investor...i-survivors.htm

The only American witnesses to the Benghazi attack who have been named by the Obama administration are the four whom the terrorists killed in the Sept. 11 attack on our Benghazi mission — Ambassador Chris Stevens, State Department Information Management Officer Sean Smith, and former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, who were working for the CIA.

To this day their stories, even their names, remain unknown.

In an exchange with Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., Mrs. Clinton shot back when grilled about how and why four Americans died in a terrorist attack that could have been foreseen on a mission that could have been defended but wasn't, "What difference, at this point, does it make?"

To us and to many others, it makes a world of difference. The truth matters and we still don't know the truth. It matters to GOP Reps. Frank Wolf of Virginia and Jim Gerlach of Pennsylvania who have written to new Secretary of State John Kerry asking him for the names and contact information for each of the 30 CIA officers and civilian contractors who survived Benghazi.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Ha! YOU are talking about having thoughts of your own. Funny. You are the guy that will never answer a question at all. My thoughts were summed up by the CIA guy, there is no scandal. Clear?

I answer all the questions that are worth answering. What happened? We got caught with our dicks in our hands and made up a story to cover the fact that we had our dicks in our hands to make it look like this was something it actually wasn't because being caught with your dick in your hand during a Presidential campaign is not a great postion to be in. So they lied, made **** up and now have egg on their face. So those are my thoughts. What are yours?

Edited by Chef Jim

I answer all the questions that are worth answering. What happened? We got caught with our dicks in our hands and made up a story to cover the fact that we had our dicks in our hands to make it look like this was something it actually wasn't because being caught with your dick in your hand during a Presidential campaign is not a great postion to be in. So they lied, made **** up and now have egg on their face. So those are my thoughts. What are yours?

He has no sense of smell. Doesn't know when something stinks.

It's pretty clear that his isn't going away anytime soon, and it will most assuredly be brought up during the 2016 presidential race if Hilly runs. I can just see the "4 Americans left to die in Benghazi and all Mrs. Clinton can say is 'what difference, at this point, does it make?'" ad now.

This thread was started in November of 2012. The comments here have been quite steady, and for the most part critical of the government's inaction and cover up. The government has continued its cover up. Should we as a people be willing to allow the government to lie to us because some think that our demands for the truth might be political in nature? I want the government to quit lying to us. They've done it in Fast & Furious, IRS scandal, NSA debacle, breaking into a reporter's computer and with the ACA. Lies, lies, lies. There's only one way to get them to change their ways and that is to hold them accountable.