Benghazi

Dan Rather did a great interview on Stern Monday. I never realized how rough of an early life he had, growing up with Golden Gloves,a father who worked a low end job, having Rhuemetoid fever and being barred from the Marines.

What caught me is when he talked about current politics. How the 24 hr cycle catches on anything it can to run a story. Often times he said the politicians monitor those stories and timing to release information or have conferences which will manipulate the news because the politicians cannot afford to have entire days spent on certain issues. He said it disgusts him that many topics are not news worthy or worth mentioning anymore. He had no specifics but said a President cannot know everything that his going on and be able to address it. Though, if a President gets up and says nothing immediately he is viewed as stupid. If a President getsnup and speaks mbefore having all of his facts he looks foolish.

The line that caught me as the subject fell of was - and this is paraphrased - a President or any of his cabinet will not have any idea if they get a call at 2 OE 3 am and we must realize that. And that it takes time to form an educated decision.

When he said it is sounded so clear to understand and swallow. But wait a minute...didnt the phone ring at 3? I guess that's ok. Obama needed time to plan.

Dan Rather did a great interview on Stern Monday. I never realized how rough of an early life he had, growing up with Golden Gloves,a father who worked a low end job, having Rhuemetoid fever and being barred from the Marines.

What caught me is when he talked about current politics. How the 24 hr cycle catches on anything it can to run a story. Often times he said the politicians monitor those stories and timing to release information or have conferences which will manipulate the news because the politicians cannot afford to have entire days spent on certain issues. He said it disgusts him that many topics are not news worthy or worth mentioning anymore. He had no specifics but said a President cannot know everything that his going on and be able to address it. Though, if a President gets up and says nothing immediately he is viewed as stupid. If a President getsnup and speaks mbefore having all of his facts he looks foolish.

The line that caught me as the subject fell of was - and this is paraphrased - a President or any of his cabinet will not have any idea if they get a call at 2 OE 3 am and we must realize that. And that it takes time to form an educated decision.

When he said it is sounded so clear to understand and swallow. But wait a minute...didnt the phone ring at 3? I guess that's ok. Obama needed time to plan.

People don't realize that?

People don't realize that?

I don't think many do. Many hear I believe think the administration would have jumped to action and done the right thing if they answered that call.

While the denial of extra security and the whole incident itself is unsettling **** happens and it is just ****. Can't do much about it some times and even when you can it doesn't always do for the best. Hindsight is 20/20 and this administrations list of failures is nothing to do with hindsight. Its foresight and incredibly ignorant decisions have made a mockery for the political process and the way the government should be run

I don't think many do. Many hear I believe think the administration would have jumped to action and done the right thing if they answered that call.

While the denial of extra security and the whole incident itself is unsettling **** happens and it is just ****. Can't do much about it some times and even when you can it doesn't always do for the best. Hindsight is 20/20 and this administrations list of failures is nothing to do with hindsight. Its foresight and incredibly ignorant decisions have made a mockery for the political process and the way the government should be run

That's just a Republican option, and not worth very much.

Neither has Saint Reagan ;)

You forgot our first black President. Bill Clinton. That dude was greased turkey ****. Nothing stuck...well, cept for them stains.

But, just like a liberal as soon as there is responsibility to be taken a finger is point at someone else. When will you libs ever man up and confront the situation? At least Chris Christie is attempting to take responsibility, and...well, he actualy is!

Every administration has a low point and every administration has a downfall, but many of them have capstone gems which history remembers, the pinnacle of all their success; and what was the Obama administration? The water sure is murky. His best success began as pure failure and will only be corrected by accident, smarter men, and time.

Benghazi to Obama is like wetting the bed. The guy knows he did it, can feel the wet sheets but instead of telling anyone he just walked away with a sheet over it and thought of it like a magic trick no one would remember.

Liberals are so sad.

You forgot our first black President. Bill Clinton. That dude was greased turkey ****. Nothing stuck...well, cept for them stains.

20th anniversary this week of some "genocide-like activities" starting up.

Clinton was a mother!@#$er, just for that.

20th anniversary this week of some "genocide-like activities" starting up.

Clinton was a mother!@#$er, just for that.

Gator believes Obama is not responsible for what happened over there in Benghazi last year. Why would he hold Bill Clinton responsible for what he did 20 years ago?

Oh, right, Bill was busy getting blumpkins from a pumpkin while Hilary was just biding her time until she could run.

Gator believes Obama is not responsible for what happened over there in Benghazi last year. Why would he hold Bill Clinton responsible for what he did 20 years ago?

Oh, right, Bill was busy getting blumpkins from a pumpkin while Hilary was just biding her time until she could run.

Poor Bill. The free masons where against him

has Obama looked in to any of the incidences that fell at his doorstep under his watch? Has he done this for the IRS scandal, Benghazi, the ACA, or even the selfie with the Red Sox schmuck?

OMG! How dare you call David Ortiz a schmuck. Obviously you are a low class person.

Funny how you ran away from defending Christie like you tried to do. Moron

OMG! How dare you call David Ortiz a schmuck. Obviously you are a low class person.

Funny how you ran away from defending Christie like you tried to do. Moron

I call him a puffed up little marsh mellow who looks like he needs to lose 50lbs.

And i am not running away from defending him. Christie got in front of the bull and took the heat

Obama blames anyone he can or runs and hides. Runs his mouth. Tlo

I call him a puffed up little marsh mellow who looks like he needs to lose 50lbs.

And i am not running away from defending him. Christie got in front of the bull and took the heat

Obama blames anyone he can or runs and hides. Runs his mouth. Tlo

Christie pinned his Bridgegate on a "distraught" women who had been scorned by a Christie aid. How is that getting in front of the bull?

**Christies lawyers (defense, or otherwise) pinned the blame...

Christie pinned his Bridgegate on a "distraught" women who had been scorned by a Christie aid. How is that getting in front of the bull?

Oh God, shut up you idiot. :lol:

so Christie did or his defense did?

Is there reason to believe that Christie had first hand knowledge of the even prior to or during the process?

And when it came up did Christie, before any such investigation come out and blame daffy duck for inciting heavy traffic patterns?

so Christie did or his defense did?

Is there reason to believe that Christie had first hand knowledge of the even prior to or during the process?

And when it came up did Christie, before any such investigation come out and blame daffy duck for inciting heavy traffic patterns?

I believe, before the investigation, Christie said "What difference does it make?"