Benghazi

Hey, look...Hillary isn't blaming the issue in Nigeria on a Youtube video. :lol:

LibBenghaziMeme.png

It's probably too difficult for a someone like yourself to remember the countless times we've mentioned the anger based on the fact that the president can't find the killers, even AFTER they were interviewed on CNN.

Yep...too difficult. But hey...going full gatorman suits you.

Edited by LABillzFan

Hey, look...Hillary isn't blaming the

It's probably too difficult for a someone like yourself to remember the countless times we've mentioned the anger based on the fact that the president can't find the killers, even AFTER they were interviewed on CNN.

Yep...too difficult. But hey...going full gatorman suits you.

issa-benghazi-parade_n.jpg

LOL..............incredibly weak poster by T-Gregg.

Everyone............on all sides keeps calling for the killers to be brought to justice

The fact that the administration knowingly lied then, and continues to now, is the cause for outrage by all Americans.

No amount of "Look Squirrel" posts will change that........................

LOL..............incredibly weak poster by T-Gregg.

Everyone............on all sides keeps calling for the killers to be brought to justice

The fact that the administration knowingly lied then, and continues to now, is the cause for outrage by all Americans.

No amount of "Look Squirrel" posts will change that........................

02ad4c0334f37998a0e2e95723588511189f73703e774613f1cf58002f007bef.jpg

Its like arguing with a second grader.....................lol

Adults recognize who had responsibility for the security at embassies...........that is the State Department Administration

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/state-dept-downgraded-security-in-libya-before-deadly-attack-ex-officer-claims/2012/10

/10/d7195faa-12e6-11e2-a16b-2c110031514a_story.html

State Dept. acknowledges rejecting requests for more security in Benghazi

The State Department acknowledged Wednesday that it rejected appeals for more security at its diplomatic posts in Libya in the months before a fatal terrorist attack in Benghazi as Republicans suggested that lapses contributed to the deaths of the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

That might be relevant, if an embassy were attacked.

LOL.................perhaps T-G can come up with a diplomatic post/consulate demotivational poster..........give him a minute.

601773_419392918158513_2133406382_n.jpg

Was his favorite way to spend a day at work..by voting present? How about association with terrorists?

See all you and the liberals are doing is try to discredit the discussion with ridiculous antics.

Benghazi needs to be investigated. I have a serious problem with extremely high levels of the administration lying to the face of American hero's next of kin.

601773_419392918158513_2133406382_n.jpg

Greg:

Post all the Media Matters and Facebook crap you want. You are trying to make a joke of something that you can't intelligently defend. You used to display some class and dignity while arguing honestly. I'm sorry to see you've stooped this low.

Yikes. First Hillary lied and screwed up Benghazi, and now this?

The State Department under Hillary Clinton fought hard against placing the al Qaeda-linked militant group Boko Haram on its official list of foreign terrorist organizations for two years. And now, lawmakers and former U.S. officials are saying that the decision may have hurt the American government's ability to confront the Nigerian group that shocked the world by abducting hundreds of innocent girls.

Who said Hillary had no accomplishments as head of State?

Greg:

Post all the Media Matters and Facebook crap you want. You are trying to make a joke of something that you can't intelligently defend. You used to display some class and dignity while arguing honestly. I'm sorry to see you've stooped this low.

I've never displayed class or dignity. But I do argue honestly... and have in this thread multiple times over the past 19 months.

I've never displayed class or dignity. But I do argue honestly... and have in this thread multiple times over the past 19 months.

You've gone downhill and are arguing dishonestly now. Your pictures are pathetic.

Ooooh, another Bush photo. Soooo original.

Idiot.

Which, by the way, the "Mission" was accomplished. The "Campaign" was just as was described by the administration "a long, slow, slog". Another leftest meme that the LIV like to trot out now and then is that "mission accomplished" banner never knowing the difference between a "mission" and a "campaign" let alone the over all objectives of "war". Edited by Oxrock

You've gone downhill and are arguing dishonestly now. Your pictures are pathetic.

I'm not arguing anything now. I'm just posting stuff relevant to the topic of discussion like B-Man does. How you interpret those pictures is entirely up to you.

And you should lighten up a bit. You're getting cranky in your old age.

Which, by the way, the "Mission" was accomplished. The "Campaign" was just as was described by the administration "a long, slow, slog". Another leftest meme that the LIV like to trot out now and then is that "mission accomplished" banner never knowing the difference between a "mission" and a "campaign" let alone the over all objectives of "war".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which mission was accomplished? Was it the discovery of WMDs? Or the capture of Saddam Hussein? Or maybe it was the end of major combat operations in Iraq (the stated reason for the speech)? Please, tell us, which of the stated objectives were accomplished prior to that speech...

Edited by GreggyT

Greg:

while it's not my style, using the same tactics frequently employed by conservatives on this site seems fair game. class and dignity have frequently been in short supply.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which mission was accomplished?

The invasion of Iraq and overthrow of Saddam's government.

Within the doctrine and organization of the US military - established as it is to fight major conventional campaigns against nation-states with standing armies - "Mission Accomplished" was a completely accurate statement. The US military has never considered "occupation" as "war" or a continuation thereof.

Watchdog: White House hiding more Benghazi documents

USA TODAY

The Obama administration continues to withhold documents that could shed light on how U.S. officials produced its false narrative that the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi arose from a non-existent protest over a video, according to a conservative watchdog group.

The documents reveal "that the Obama administration is still refusing to provide the full details of how top officials arrived at the now-discredited talking points released to the public following the deadly assault on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, Libya," Judicial Watch said in a statement.

"Though the State Department document repeatedly describes the material as 'Unclassified' or 'Sensitive But Unclassified,' it nonetheless justifies scores of extensive redactions and exemptions," the statement said.

As stupidly irrelevant as arguing that the August briefing would have prevented 9/11.

I don't think it's arguing the briefings would have prevented the attacks from happening because even if he was briefed, he's pretty much too incompetent to have done anything of value.

Rather, I think it's arguing something we hear often about Obama; he isn't interested in governing and didn't care about what happened in Benghazi until it was going to cost him an election.

He's interested in surrounding himself with people who adore him, and raising cash. I remember the story about how he dislikes details so much that he prefers to be briefed by receiving memos with check boxes al a, "Do you like me? Check one. Yes. No. Maybe." No doubt that fourth-grader note-passing effort pretty much sums up his leadership skill set.

I don't think it's arguing the briefings would have prevented the attacks from happening because even if he was briefed, he's pretty much too incompetent to have done anything of value.

Rather, I think it's arguing something we hear often about Obama; he isn't interested in governing and didn't care about what happened in Benghazi until it was going to cost him an election.

He's interested in surrounding himself with people who adore him, and raising cash. I remember the story about how he dislikes details so much that he prefers to be briefed by receiving memos with check boxes al a, "Do you like me? Check one. Yes. No. Maybe." No doubt that fourth-grader note-passing effort pretty much sums up his leadership skill set.

Yeah, I'll give you that. That's actually a very good point.

Watchdog: White House hiding more Benghazi documents

USA TODAY

The Obama administration continues to withhold documents that could shed light on how U.S. officials produced its false narrative that the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi arose from a non-existent protest over a video, according to a conservative watchdog group.

The documents reveal "that the Obama administration is still refusing to provide the full details of how top officials arrived at the now-discredited talking points released to the public following the deadly assault on the U.S. Mission in Benghazi, Libya," Judicial Watch said in a statement.

"Though the State Department document repeatedly describes the material as 'Unclassified' or 'Sensitive But Unclassified,' it nonetheless justifies scores of extensive redactions and exemptions," the statement said.

So?

The invasion of Iraq and overthrow of Saddam's government.

Within the doctrine and organization of the US military - established as it is to fight major conventional campaigns against nation-states with standing armies - "Mission Accomplished" was a completely accurate statement. The US military has never considered "occupation" as "war" or a continuation thereof.

bull ****. bull ****. bull ****.

And you know it.

According to the most restrictive definition, you might be correct, but are you really going to type with a straight face that the entire spectacle (landing on the carrier in a flight suit, a huge press conference with a banner perfectly positioned while 43 was speaking, with the stated aim of announcing the end of major military action in the AO) wasn't done for campaign purposes? This wasn't a spectacle designed to assure voters that the war was over and 43 lived up to his promises? This wasn't an event orchestrated purely for political gain int he coming election?

Of course it was. It was all of that and more. This was 43 spiking the ball five yards before the endzone in an effort to win political points in the coming election.

How many soldiers died in combat operations after that speech in May 2003? How many years after this speech were American forces withdrawn? You're spinning and you're not even doing a good job of it. Worse, your version of "mission accomplished" isn't even the GOP talking point that came out in the aftermath. So I can't even give you credit for getting that right.

Edited by GreggyT

And you know it.

According to the most restrictive definition, you might be correct, but if are you going to type with a straight face that the entire spectacle (landing on the carrier in a flight suit, a huge press conference with a banner perfectly positioned while 43 was speaking, with the stated aim of announcing the end of major military action in the AO, wasn't done for campaign purposes? This wasn't 43 spiking the ball five yards before the endzone?

How many soldiers died in combat operations after that speech in May 2003? How many years after this speech were American forces withdrawn? You're spinning and you're not even doing a good job of it. Worse, your version of "mission accomplished" isn't even the GOP talking point that came out in the aftermath. So I can't even give you credit for getting that right.

You would be right, if you weren't so incredibly wrong.

Funny me, but landing on the carrier in a flight suit, a huge press conference with a banner perfectly positioned while 43 was speaking, with the stated aim of announcing the end of major military action WAS meant to announce that the military operations as outlined in the mission have been accomplished. I don't know why you are debating that. Never mind that the subsequent casualties were the result of the inability to properly transfer of power and contain the insurgency. But the stated mission of removing Saddam from power and concluding the forward military operations was most certainly accomplished.

Also, are you truly comparing political motivations in May of '03 to those in Sept of '12?

And you know it.

According to the most restrictive definition, you might be correct, but are you really going to type with a straight face that the entire spectacle (landing on the carrier in a flight suit, a huge press conference with a banner perfectly positioned while 43 was speaking, with the stated aim of announcing the end of major military action in the AO) wasn't done for campaign purposes? This wasn't a spectacle designed to assure voters that the war was over and 43 lived up to his promises? This wasn't an event orchestrated purely for political gain int he coming election?

Of course it was. It was all of that and more. This was 43 spiking the ball five yards before the endzone in an effort to win political points in the coming election.

No, it's not. The statements made at the time were extremely clear: the war aims were satisfied, so the "war" was over and the "occupation" was beginning. There was a clear delineation made between the two. The United States has ALWAYS made a clear delineation between warfare and occupation. And that is entirely consistent with contemporary and past strategic doctrine, planning, and philosophy of an organization solidly rooted in a history of nation-state conflicts, and not colonial conflicts. In short, the US military read then Clausewitz, but not their Mao.

The spin is the puerile attempts to say "But THIS time it was different!" in a pitiful attempt to assess blame on Bush. Such blame as should be assessed is systemic and doctrinal - as many of us here pointed out even before the invasion began. :rolleyes: