Laugh all you want - Merriman does make a difference

GG

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just Merriman. It's Kyle Moore too. Actually, Kyle Moore is making a bigger impact than any other D player right now. Merrimans sack was created by Moore's rush. Is it obvious yet how much Kelsay has been holding this team back?

Merriman had his moments, but Moore was all over the field last night. Just needs to keep that right hand out of the QBs grill and he will bring home some sacks.

While he looked good at times, I saw Merriman get dominated at the point of attack on more than one occasion.

He was also dominate on a few plays against a solid left tackle in Long. Statements like yours are simply unrealistic.

You don't have to believe in the intangibles or question whether he can hold up for a full season, but the evidence is undeniable - when Merriman is in the lineup, the defense plays with a different intensity and there is more pressure on the QB.

He was ineffective in the last two games, but it's understandable for him to take some time to get back in game shape. Today he showed what he can do. Nobody should expect an overall dominating effort. But he's certainly showed more off the bench than the Bills have been accustomed to. And we shouldn't discount his influence in the locker room. Let's hope he can stay healthy, because this is a better defense when he's on the field.

He definitely brings leadership to the group. I remember he gave a pretty good speech last season before the first Bills/Patriots game. I wish him all the best and hope he can make a difference. If you have a player that makes Big plays and brings leadership to the unit. It's something that's pretty priceless when it comes to football.

Edited by mattsox

For real . He made plays. Looked great. Got washed out a couple plays. Big impact. Great for rotation.

Kelsay > Moore > Merriman > Anderson

Kelsay has the worst gap discipline of the 4, by a pretty big margin

Merriman had his moments, but Moore was all over the field last night. Just needs to keep that right hand out of the QBs grill and he will bring home some sacks.

Alas finally someone who saw what I saw. Moore was far more active and save the facemask penalty that cost the Bills and himself a sack, he looked promising. Merriman plays hard but has very little explosion any more. On the play where Merriman put Long on his butt, i cheered as others have mentioned. Yet,while I hope he can get back some quickness, i fear he won't.

If you we're at the game you also see him as the guy who is the chief motivator of the team, he is in to the game and his teammates and you can tell it. Good for him! It was great to see him have a very good game.

Hopefully he continues to play like last night.

This defense could really make some noise next year. Merriman and Kyle have been dealing with recovering from their off-season surgeries and need the off-season to fully recover, while Mario has had the wrist thing, Anderson has been injured for awhile, and Dareus is still dealing with the death of his bro. The defense needs to address LB and maybe (take a pill before reading this Bill) CB, although I'd like to see what Gilmore and Brooks can do in year 2 and Rogers when healthy. They also need to re-sign Byrd.