Is this the Start of faith in coaches crumbling? From Inside?

theesir

Yeah, that Chief team is a mess. Romeo Cromel looks like he's completely checked out. And that little fat kid who seems to be their Offensive Coordinator was on the bench yelling at Cassal but seemed like he was yelling about the binder full of pictures being stuck and having no clue what to do. He looked completely over his head.

I admit, Chan seems engaged, but I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think he can think on his feet fast enough to be an effective play to play coach.

35 1st downs and 480 yds of offense says otherwise

35 1st downs and 480 yds of offense says otherwise

I love your user name, but 13-28 say completely otherwise. Yards and first downs are nice, but in all actuality they are window dressing and nothing more. Look at Brady's numbers and the Pats total offense. Not super, but they were in control of the game the entire time. Our defense could never stop them when we had to. We took 14 penalties and turned the ball over 3 times. And our defense looked like garbage and completely overmatched most of the game. Mistakes, undisciplined play and a defense that looks constantly unprepared and out of position falls on the headcoach. This is a weekly occurrence. Does anyone on this board have any confidence that Chan can turn this around? I sure do not. If anyone does, give me some solid evidence to support your position.

I love your user name, but 13-28 say completely otherwise. Yards and first downs are nice, but in all actuality they are window dressing and nothing more. Look at Brady's numbers and the Pats total offense. Not super, but they were in control of the game the entire time. Our defense could never stop them when we had to. We took 14 penalties and turned the ball over 3 times. And our defense looked like garbage and completely overmatched most of the game. Mistakes, undisciplined play and a defense that looks constantly unprepared and out of position falls on the headcoach. This is a weekly occurrence. Does anyone on this board have any confidence that Chan can turn this around? I sure do not. If anyone does, give me some solid evidence to support your position.

I'm as big a Wanny detractor as anyone, but the Bills held the Pats* to two FGs in the 4th quarter, and one of the Pats* TD drives was less than 15 yards. Just sayin'...you're not really accurate with that statement. The Bills also held the Pats* to a key 3-and-out after Fred fumbled on the one -- also in the 4th quarter.

I'm not one to second guess individual play calls. It annoys me to no end when fans do it--hey he should've done x, or y.

But I remember asking myself why we weren't putting the ball in Spiller's hands on that last drive, package be damned. What I don't understand, though, is how rushing three (which the Pats were) isn't good for running the ball.

I'm not one to second guess individual play calls. It annoys me to no end when fans do it--hey he should've done x, or y.

But I remember asking myself why we weren't putting the ball in Spiller's hands on that last drive, package be damned. What I don't understand, though, is how rushing three (which the Pats were) isn't good for running the ball.

On the play that ended the game, we were short on time and timeouts. If CJ gets tackled, precious time comes off the clock. Throwing to the EZ was the correct call. If it was an INC, still have another chance. Who to throw to and which route the WRs ran is another matter. But throwing in that situation was the correct call.

On the play that ended the game, we were short on time and timeouts. If CJ gets tackled, precious time comes off the clock. Throwing to the EZ was the correct call. If it was an INC, still have another chance. Who to throw to and which route the WRs ran is another matter. But throwing in that situation was the correct call.

We got the ball back at 2:04 or something like that. All I'm saying is that I was hoping at the time that we'd give it to CJ. We never did. And I'm not one to scream run the damn ball. I do think we should have tried once or twice with him, or most dynamic player.

I'm as big a Wanny detractor as anyone, but the Bills held the Pats* to two FGs in the 4th quarter, and one of the Pats* TD drives was less than 15 yards. Just sayin'...you're not really accurate with that statement. The Bills also held the Pats* to a key 3-and-out after Fred fumbled on the one -- also in the 4th quarter.

I see your point, but the Pats* took the field with just over 8minutes to go in the game and ahead by 3. The entire game changes if the Bills defense can stop them. But the Pats* rather methodically drove down the field, took 6 minutes off the clock, and kicked a FG. Thus, the Bills O was forced to score a TD with just over 2 minutes, on the road.

The Bills defense has continually come up lacking. They start the game giving up TD after TD. They fail to stop the other team when the Offense needs it the absolute most. And yet all people do is sit and talking about how Fitz and the Offense lost a game because they couldn't score 5 touchdowns and a FG? The fact that they were even in position to win that game at the end is a testament to how good a game the offense had, overall.

Although then you watch a team like the Chiefs last night and realize Gailey's play calling is light years ahead of some teams...even if it frustrates Bills fans.

Awesome. Our coach is better than the coach of a team that has one win and had not led during any point in a regular season game until last night (and still lost). Is this how low standards have fallen around here?? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Throwing was correct call. But to a WR who is rarely thrown to and not a great route runner with an average QB. TERRIBLE CALL.

Seriously, have you ever seen a team give up more plays where receivers are completely wide open, or runners are completely untouched threw the hole as we have this year? Noone touched Woodhead on his TD run. We have NOONE on the defense that can cover a slot receiver. There is just a huge vacant space between the D line and our safety's on most runs and passes over the middle. Other than Byrd's two picks against the Cardinals, I seriously do not think our safety's have made one other play against the opposing teams passing game this season. And what have our LB's done? They are terrible. It is embarrassing watching Nick Barnett try to play Defense. He needs to sit and be cut.. He gives an effort, but the skill is GONE. You make it like our D stuffed the Pats..They did nothing of the sort. Whenever the Pats needed to make a play, they got it. Our Defense puts us in a hole against every decent team we play.

Thanks you saved me the trouble

I see your point, but the Pats* took the field with just over 8minutes to go in the game and ahead by 3. The entire game changes if the Bills defense can stop them. But the Pats* rather methodically drove down the field, took 6 minutes off the clock, and kicked a FG. Thus, the Bills O was forced to score a TD with just over 2 minutes, on the road.

The Bills defense has continually come up lacking. They start the game giving up TD after TD. They fail to stop the other team when the Offense needs it the absolute most. And yet all people do is sit and talking about how Fitz and the Offense lost a game because they couldn't score 5 touchdowns and a FG? The fact that they were even in position to win that game at the end is a testament to how good a game the offense had, overall.

Well said

Throwing was correct call. But to a WR who is rarely thrown to and not a great route runner with an average QB. TERRIBLE CALL.

The Quarterback doesn't throw to a player, he throws to the route that will be open. Fitz said that his presnap read determined that TJ's route was the route with the best chance for success. He threw the route based on coverage. Not to TJ because he "thought it would catch the Pats offguard."

Why should we have any faith in Gailey? So Johnson states he'd rather have a veteran run that route? Whats wrong with that? I'd take Chandler, Spiller, Jones, or Johnson running that route. On a different note Jones goes down with an injury and costs the team a timeout but is back on the field one player later.

Seriously, have you ever seen a team give up more plays where receivers are completely wide open, or runners are completely untouched threw the hole as we have this year? Noone touched Woodhead on his TD run. We have NOONE on the defense that can cover a slot receiver. There is just a huge vacant space between the D line and our safety's on most runs and passes over the middle. Other than Byrd's two picks against the Cardinals, I seriously do not think our safety's have made one other play against the opposing teams passing game this season. And what have our LB's done? They are terrible. It is embarrassing watching Nick Barnett try to play Defense. He needs to sit and be cut.. He gives an effort, but the skill is GONE. You make it like our D stuffed the Pats..They did nothing of the sort. Whenever the Pats needed to make a play, they got it. Our Defense puts us in a hole against every decent team we play.

Who? Craig Noone the English footballer? I wasn't even aware he was on the roster.

Anyway, to the point -- nobody is saying the Bills defense is good, but they did make enough plays, particularly in the 4th quarter, to allow the team an opportunity to win the game.

Why should we have any faith in Gailey? So Johnson states he'd rather have a veteran run that route? Whats wrong with that? I'd take Chandler, Spiller, Jones, or Johnson running that route. On a different note Jones goes down with an injury and costs the team a timeout but is back on the field one player later.

Yep, I know he was hurting but he could not of been that hurt since he was in one play later. Just not a smart team & it starts with the coaches. I am the last one to defend Schope but he said it best yesterday. He said "it is not a coincidence that the same teams win every year. It sounds harsh but winners win games like that & losers do what the Bills did at the end of the game."

Blame the D, but they came up with a couple of pretty clutch stops against one of the best O's in Football. Holding them to 3 and keeping 2+ on the clock is more than we should be asking of a historically bad D. We drove down, had 30 seconds left on the 15 yard line, and absolutely blew it. Stats are just stats, and I'm 100% with Stevie that we should be targeting a Vet on that drive.