First Album you ever bought.

boyst

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was either the "Vanilla Fudge" 1967 which contained "You Keep Me Hangin' On", or "Disreali Gears' by Cream.

My brother and I pooled allowances to buy "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band". $4.00

First 45rpm single was "Stop in the Name of Love" by The Supremes for $0.88

Kind of what I predicted; the quality differences of older generations vs. newer.

Imagine todays youth...Bieber, Gaga, etc. The only one that might be worth thinking about in the future is Katy Perry. Our pop music today is no different then many of these artists you guys named...except for John Denver. Buftex, I was waiting with baited breath to see what you'd come up with because I knew it was not going to be a Beatles or Rolling Stones album!

Kind of what I predicted; the quality differences of older generations vs. newer.

Imagine todays youth...Bieber, Gaga, etc. The only one that might be worth thinking about in the future is Katy Perry. Our pop music today is no different then many of these artists you guys named...except for John Denver. Buftex, I was waiting with baited breath to see what you'd come up with because I knew it was not going to be a Beatles or Rolling Stones album!

Psssh.... I bet half these are half truths at best. I'm on to JW and his early ABBA phase.