You Go Unions!

3rdnlng

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the unions will be tossed aside. Ain't that great?

It would have been better for the company to be bought and had all their union contracts blown-out. Now they're possibly going to mediate and still have most of the same problems.

It would have been better for the company to be bought and had all their union contracts blown-out. Now they're possibly going to mediate and still have most of the same problems.

The union contracts can't be voided with a buyout that isn't part of a bankruptcy.

It might not cost jobs... The activist judge denied the motion FOR NOW... Will mediate the contract personally.

http://www.theolympi...ve-hostess.html

"The judge overseeing Hostess Brands declined to approve the company's liquidation Monday and asked management and the bakers union to enter mediation today to explain the strike that the maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread said forced it to shut down ..."

How do you conservatives feel about that? LoL...

I am just poking the hornet's nest... But really, there is going to be a mediation session.

Anway... The bakers and the guys in the trades will find a job... Companies have been circling to buy the facilites and brand on the cheap...

And who gets !@#$ed in this situation?

Words are important, people. This is court petitioned mediation, not court mandated arbitration. Neither side wanted to meet on the issue before, and I very much doubt this will have any effect because neither party wants to be there and it's non-binding. This will have impact on neither the short nor long term trajectory of the Hostess company.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Words are important, people. This is court petitioned mediation, not court mandated arbitration. Neither side wanted to meet on the issue before, and I very much doubt this will have any effect because neither party wants to be there and it's non-binding. This will have impact on neither the short nor long term trajectory of the Hostess company.

I'm not sure I follow. In a bankruptcy case, the judge is the ultimate decider. So if they reach an agreement during mediation, it will most certainly be binding because the judge will approve the motions based on the agreement. The liquidation is also not a fait accompli, as the judge needs to rule on Hostess' motion to switch from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7, which is also not a given as other suitors have emerged.

It might not cost jobs... The activist judge denied the motion FOR NOW... Will mediate the contract personally.

http://www.theolympi...ve-hostess.html

"The judge overseeing Hostess Brands declined to approve the company's liquidation Monday and asked management and the bakers union to enter mediation today to explain the strike that the maker of Twinkies and Wonder Bread said forced it to shut down ..."

How do you conservatives feel about that? LoL...

I am just poking the hornet's nest... But really, there is going to be a mediation session.

Anway... The bakers and the guys in the trades will find a job... Companies have been circling to buy the facilites and brand on the cheap...

What is this "judge" and "mediation" ****? It's the President's job to arbitrarily decide who gets what in a bankruptcy, isn't it?

I'm not sure I follow. In a bankruptcy case, the judge is the ultimate decider. So if they reach an agreement during mediation, it will most certainly be binding because the judge will approve the motions based on the agreement. The liquidation is also not a fait accompli, as the judge needs to rule on Hostess' motion to switch from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7, which is also not a given as other suitors have emerged.

The judge does need to rule, but the mediation is in no way binding.

What is this "judge" and "mediation" ****? It's the President's job to arbitrarily decide who gets what in a bankruptcy, isn't it?

True, but there's scant hope for that. Alas, the maker of Twinkies will see no Obama Bucks. Michelle will see to that. Now, if they made hula-hoops or solar powered pencil erasers - they'd be all in. Junk food... not so much. Sorry you 14,000 or so, OWS gets more sympathy from the Emperor than you do.

The judge does need to rule, but the mediation is in no way binding.

Ordinary mediations may not be binding, but a mediation "requested" by the Ch. 11 judge who also presided over the mediation would be as close to binding as it gets since he's the one that blesses the bankruptcy plan.