You Go Unions!

3rdnlng

Why do you have so much disdain for american workers?

Oh, look who's resorting to moronic sound bites in lieu of anything resembling an intelligent response.

Now tell us again how we shouldn't pigeon hole you as another brainless left winger. Or else explain how the 'American workers' at Hostess are better off now.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding? Look at the options in front of those American workers. They're free now to start their own company. Make their own product. Make payroll. And then treat their employees the way they believe they should be treated. Not sure what's stopping them.

Oh, wait. Now I remember. A bunch of union thugs told almost 19,000 that giving up their livelihood will help them make a point that no one cares about.

Oh, look who's resorting to moronic sound bites in lieu of anything resembling an intelligent response.

Now tell us again how we shouldn't pigeon hole you as another brainless left winger. Or else explain how the 'American workers' at Hostess are better off now.

I really don't care what you call me. I am just trying to have a discussion without all the name calling. Are you capable of that?

Now there you go again. Are you adding LA to your list of TYTT, Meaza and myself as one of the people hating on the common working man? Even the Teamsters wouldn't side with the Bakery Union. They chose to strike over an 8% pay reduction and reduced company participation in their pension fund. In return they were going to end up with 25% of the stock. They decided they didn't like this deal and refused to come back even after being told the company would shut down if they didn't come back to work. They made their choice. Why complain, it was their choice?

Edited by 3rdnlng

Have you stopped beating your wife?

I am not going to respond to that. My belief is labor comes before capitol , without labor you have no capitol

Now there you go again. Are you adding LA to your list of TYTT, Meaza and myself as one of the people hating on the common working man? Even the Teamsters wouldn't side with the Bakery Union. They chose to strike over an 8% pay reduction and reduced company participation in their pension fund. In return they were going to end up with 25% of the stock. They decided they didn't like this deal and refused to come back even after being told the company would shut down if they didn't come back to work. They made their choice. Why complain, it was their choice?

I don't believe management should ask the work force to take a paycut, while they get huge raises.

I really don't care what you call me. I am just trying to have a discussion without all the name calling. Are you capable of that?

You are trying to have a "discussion" by contributing a silly ad hominem response to LA's post? Thanks for proving my point.

Exec severance! How long can somebody live on 2.55 MILLION... Almost ALL don't make that in a lifetime!

We're not talking about somebody, we're talking about someone with a decent income/lifestyle. So let's do some math shall we?

He made $2.55 million but didn't take that home. He probably had nearly 50% sucked out in taxes (yeah government). That leaves him $1.275 million to invest (and that would only be if he spent none of his take home pay). At a conservative rate of 5% return that gives him a whopping annual income of $63,750. You do realize that in order to replace our income we all have to be a millionaire? Oh that's right you're a lefty, you don't understand personal accountability.

Edited by Chef Jim

I am not going to respond to that. My belief is labor comes before capitol , without labor you have no capitol

And without capitol there is no need for labor

If labor feels they are treated unfarily, they can strike

If capitol feels it is no longer in their interest to continue operations, they can shut down

Yeah that must be it.

That fact that you fail to understand that makes you sound even dumber than you already have in this (and every other) thread.

Blather on with your left wing union talking points while continuing to display your ignorance of basic economics.

Maybe next you can tell us how public employee unions aren't bankrupting NY State. CEOs must be to blame for that one, huh?

That fact that you fail to understand that makes you sound even dumber than you already have in this (and every other) thread.

Blather on with your left wing union talking points while continuing to display your ignorance of basic economics.

Maybe next you can tell us how public employee unions aren't bankrupting NY every State. CEOs must be to blame for that one, huh?

Fixed it for you.

I don't believe management should ask the work force to take a paycut, while they get huge raises.

You stumbled into being partially and technically correct. It took labor to build the Capitol Building, but it also took capital to purchase the building materials.

and you wonder how your CEO candidate and his Ayn Rand fan boy sidekick lost.

First of all, Mitt Romney was not "my candidate". I've made this abundantly clear.

Secondly, regardless of your politics, what I said is an absolute truth. Labor and laborers are nearly 100% fungible, and you can't repeal the law of supply and demand.

Labor was going to get a paycut but long term benefits by receiving 25% of the company in stock.

Part of the problem you have is worrying so much about today, that you and a lot of lefties have no vision for the future.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/ding-dong-hostess-is-dead-and-wicked-union-did-it/article/2513727?custom_click=rss&utm_campaign=Weekly+Standard+Story+Box&utm_source=weeklystandard.com&utm_medium=referral

The Teamsters, which represented a third of Hostess's workforce, had a different take. In a scathing press release last week, they sided with the Hostess management, saying the liquidation was "not an empty threat or a negotiating tactic, but the certain outcome" of the bakers' strike. This was, they added, "based on conversations with our financial experts, who, because the Teamsters were involved in the legal process, had access to financial information about the company." It further alleged that the bakers union chose "not substantively look for a solution or engage in the process," ignored warnings from the bankruptcy judge and did not fully inform its members of how dire the situation was before they voted to strike.