Ever had ants in your car?

Buftex

So, a few weeks ago, both my girlfriend and I had an invasion of ants in our respective cars. We live in an apartment complex, and they were doing a bunch of landscaping stuff...close to where we both park our cars. We both washed the insides of our cars out well, vaccumed, etc etc....even put a few "combat" traps in the car. It seemed to take care of the issue.

Last week, my girlfriend tells me she had ants in her car again....not as bad as last time. We cleaned her car again, and it seemed to take care of the issue...I hadn't noticed anything more in my car...but today, as I driving home in bumper to bumper traffic, I notice an ant scurrying across my dashboard...I killed it. Then, a few minutes later, at a red light, I look down and I see hundreds of the little bastards all over my dash, crawiling in and out of the AC vent, around the radio dials, etc

The interior of my car is black, so they are not immediately noticeable...but there were lots. These are not the really tiny little brownish ants...and not the huge carpenter ants...but sort of in between size, and they move very fast...for ants. We also had some of the same type of ants around our bathtub a few months ago. Had the apartment people spray, which seemed to help the bath-tub issue.

Anyone ever have this issue. This one is new to me. What is in my engine, AC that would attract ants? Other than an occasional coffee or soda ring in cup holder, I don't ever eat in my car.. and I have been taking extra precaution to make sure I clean up any spilled coffee or soda residue. Any input?

I got home, and I feel like they are all over me...I am sure it is just mental!

my initial thought is that you need to change your parking spot...i thought that ants always follow the same path...you may be in their path and they are simply trying to get to where they need to go....other than that, my other suggestion would be to get some melted chocolate and cover em up and eat em

Not in my car, but if you want to get rid of ants just get some terro traps, those things are like crack for ants. Not only took care of the parade coming through my house this summer, they completely nuked the ant nation in my mulch outside our front door in 2 days.

So, a few weeks ago, both my girlfriend and I had an invasion of ants in our respective cars. We live in an apartment complex, and they were doing a bunch of landscaping stuff...close to where we both park our cars. We both washed the insides of our cars out well, vaccumed, etc etc....even put a few "combat" traps in the car. It seemed to take care of the issue.

Last week, my girlfriend tells me she had ants in her car again....not as bad as last time. We cleaned her car again, and it seemed to take care of the issue...I hadn't noticed anything more in my car...but today, as I driving home in bumper to bumper traffic, I notice an ant scurrying across my dashboard...I killed it. Then, a few minutes later, at a red light, I look down and I see hundreds of the little bastards all over my dash, crawiling in and out of the AC vent, around the radio dials, etc

The interior of my car is black, so they are not immediately noticeable...but there were lots. These are not the really tiny little brownish ants...and not the huge carpenter ants...but sort of in between size, and they move very fast...for ants. We also had some of the same type of ants around our bathtub a few months ago. Had the apartment people spray, which seemed to help the bath-tub issue.

Anyone ever have this issue. This one is new to me. What is in my engine, AC that would attract ants? Other than an occasional coffee or soda ring in cup holder, I don't ever eat in my car.. and I have been taking extra precaution to make sure I clean up any spilled coffee or soda residue. Any input?

I got home, and I feel like they are all over me...I am sure it is just mental!

Keep your car clean and try this.....

Here you go....

http://www.getridoft...com/pests/ants/

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=150575837331&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&_osacat=0&hash=item230f04f093&_ssn=pestcontrolpros&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=ant+bait&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Here is a story for you......

I bought a used car for my daughter this summer from a Floridan. The car was infested with cockroaches! What a nightmare to say the least. I checked the tires, oil, frame, radiator and everything else your suppose to check. Who knew I was suppose to look for bugs!!! Anyways making a long story short after countless hours of cleaning and using different products in and on the car to rid the roaches they were finally gone after 3-5 weeks. I became a roach expert in a matter of days. I've never delt with anything like this in my life. My wife and I were freaking out about them roaches getting into our home. So many sleepless nights and anxiety attacks over damn bugs!

Ants should be a piece of cake! Just don't leave the cake in the car.

Frez

Edited by Frez

Never in my car but a bunch of years ago I made a frozen dessert and it was in the freezer. I got up one morning and there was a line of ants coming from outside, across the floor, up the fridge and into the freezer. There were a ton of them dead all over the dessert. I couldn't believe it.

On a hot summer day in Florida, I cranked the A/C to full blast in my 92 Ford Mustang....I was greeted by a blast of cool refreshing air and a shower of ants. They had made a nest in the blower. I traded the car in for a new car. In Hindsight, a mighty fine decision......

On a hot summer day in Florida, I cranked the A/C to full blast in my 92 Ford Mustang....I was greeted by a blast of cool refreshing air and a shower of ants. They had made a nest in the blower. I traded the car in for a new car. In Hindsight, a mighty fine decision......

Ahh a Mustang. That would explain your problem ;). As for the OP, good luck ;).

this put a fun picture in my head