Speculation: Tim Tebow could be traded, Bills mentioned

Just Jack

Here is the obvious point: Tebow was available just a few months ago, correct? The Jets gave up a simple 4th round pick to get him, right? If the Bills were seriously interested they could have gotten him then, right? This business about the Bills having interest in Tebow seems to date back to the 2010 draft, when Schefter reported (erroneously) that the Bills were trying to trade back into the 1st round to acquire him. To this day we do not know for sure who they were targeting -- some say WR Demaryius Thomas others say DT Dan Williams -- but the team has steadfastly denied that it was Tebow that they wanted.

For as much as we all criticize Fitz -- deservedly so -- he is a MUCH better QB than Tebow.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get embarrased because of fellow Bills fans making posts like this one. You are probably one of the ones that defend Fitz after a post like this with a straight face. Tebow probably won more games in a half a season starting last year, then Fitz has since he has been in Buffalo.

Dude I freaking live in Denver. He sucks. Everyone knows he sucks. It's over. They would win games last year where he would be like 4-16 for 53 yards and an INT in the 4th quarter and then lead them on a drive in the last minute to win 10-7 on a 60 yard FG. Their defense played phenomenal during that stretch. Look what happened when they played real teams like New England. For that matter, DID YOU WATCH THE BILLS-BRONCOS GAME LAST YEAR? And don't tell me what I think about Fitz. They will draft a QB in the first round next year and Fitz will proudly serve as his backup and mentor. But at least Fitz's boxscore numbers look like real NFL numbers and not middle school numbers. Give me a friggin break with this Tebow crap.

Cue: "but the kid can win" in 3...2...1...

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Tim Tebow.

Probably the one guy with worse mechanics than Fitz. Good idea!

But hey...he's intense on TV and Fitz isnt.

You know what....screw it...as long as he wears a headset and gloves and leaves his headband at home, we are all set.

But that's why we brought in coach Lee. he can fix any QB!

No offence intended, but how can u comment on something u do not know? Are u saying Tebow as starting QB in Denver didnt have the number 1 rushing offence in the nfl? Are you saying Spiller can not run? Are u also saying Jackson can not run?

too many beerballs to see those 3 things together could be something to Billeve in? Open your eyes, stop watching First Take and support ur football team. The Bills suck... and they are known to be like u when they come on the feild "no offence intended"

The fact that the Bills suck and have sucked for the majority of their existance is exactly why I want noting to do with another non-NFL caliber player; especially at the most important position on the field.

He cannot play the position. Cannot. Cannot. Cannot.

The fact that the Bills suck and have sucked for the majority of their existance is exactly why I want noting to do with another non-NFL caliber player; especially at the most important position on the field.

He cannot play the position. Cannot. Cannot. Cannot.

Listen... I dont want Tebow either...

if he wins.. he wins

if we (the bills and fans) want a losing record as in head coach, qb, and season.. lets keep doing what we are doing. Personally as a person I hate the word 'try' trying is admitting to not getting the job done and being ok with it. lets win.. and maybe a proven winner will change some offence.

if not tebow.. another rookie? another 1 game winner rob johnson contract? another 5-1 fitz contract?

there are no more fluties.. oh wait tebow has that underachiving winning at all costs manor..

Can We please talk playoffs in wny.. playoffs?

The only thing I took away from this is...

What the heck is with all these new ridiculous stats? DYAR? Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement for a quarterback? Who makes this stuff up and why? Does any one really actually belive there is value in this or care?

But that's why we brought in coach Lee. he can fix any QB!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Turbosrrgood

The organization needs to set sights on getting a bonafide nfl caliber arm in buffalo. Enough of these half solutions.

We get a guy who has the brain and heart but not the arm, has the arm and heart but not the brain, has the brain and arm but not the heart....

It's like the wizard of oz. enough. Go see the wizard and get the pick to get a real qb, draft him, and get him on the field.

There is an implication on d. One, the team can better sustain drives and manage field position, two the defense would be completely recalibrating practicing against a good qb.

I cannot even imagine practicing against fitz all week, then going against Brady on Sunday.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Dude I freaking live in Denver. He sucks. Everyone knows he sucks. It's over. They would win games last year where he would be like 4-16 for 53 yards and an INT in the 4th quarter and then lead them on a drive in the last minute to win 10-7 on a 60 yard FG. Their defense played phenomenal during that stretch. Look what happened when they played real teams like New England. For that matter, DID YOU WATCH THE BILLS-BRONCOS GAME LAST YEAR? And don't tell me what I think about Fitz. They will draft a QB in the first round next year and Fitz will proudly serve as his backup and mentor. But at least Fitz's boxscore numbers look like real NFL numbers and not middle school numbers. Give me a friggin break with this Tebow crap.

Cue: "but the kid can win" in 3...2...1...

Like!!!!

It's funny you mention bias because you obviously have one against Fitz. Any non-Bills fan would laugh at your premise that Tebow is better than anyone at throwing a football.

Only because they haven't seen Fitz enough.

For the record, his WRs drove Tebow nuts as they dropped I think an average of 6+ per game with Tebow at QB.

It was laughable how many drops they had.

I evaluated Fitz his entire time in Buffalo, all the while wanting him to be of HOF caliber, but he has sucked the entire time.

If anything, my bias gave Fitz the benifit of the doubt, and he STILL failed that miserably. Without my Bills bias, I would view Fitz worse than I do now.

What do you know? Your posts total is too few for you to be considered seriously. :P