Players blame themselves, not coaching [Williams,Barnett,Kelsay]

uncle flap

Don't you think maybe guys aren't playing hard becasue they know they are beat before the ball is even snapped??? They know that the three worst LB's in the league are behind them. They know that there is no such thing as a safety or CB blitz in this scheme. A chewing out from a guy you have no respect for will do nothing. They need new leadership.

Any guy who's not playing hard because of that has no business playing.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

said it in other threads today - theres something brewing behind closed doors at OBD, and its starting to spill out to the public.

this many players pointing fingers at the players..... its been a couple of weeks of the comments slipping out more and more. 3 starters this week already and monday is hardly done.

Edited by NoSaint

said it in other threads today - theres something brewing behind closed doors at OBD, and its starting to spill out to the public.

this many players pointing fingers at the players..... its been a couple of weeks of the comments slipping out more and more. 3 starters this week already and monday is hardly done.

Our leaders on defense might as guilty as anyone here. Barnett has been struggling, and traditionally it is the LB corp who are the anchor of a football team. I think we need to get Morrison in the lineup after the by, a veteran with presence.

So it got out to the public one way or another. Great. Try that at your place of work and see what that does for morale and performance.

No one at work gives a sheet about most of us at work, so chances are no one would notice! :nana:

My first reaction to Mario Williams and Marcel Dareus becoming Bills was that I wondered if they were fully committed to the game of football. They both were phenomenal physical specimens who's productions no where near matched their physical talents. Sadly, it seems as if my gut reactions might have been right.

My hope is that the Bills trade Dareus for the purpose of adding a high 2013 pick as trade ammunition to move up for a franchise QB in the 2013 draft. If someone offered a second round pick for Fred Jackson I'd do that to for the same purpose. This team needs a franchise QB and they need to lay the foundation to get one in 2013.

Our leaders on defense might as guilty as anyone here. Barnett has been struggling, and traditionally it is the LB corp who are the anchor of a football team. I think we need to get Morrison in the lineup after the by, a veteran with presence.

We need speed at LB, and I don't know if Morrison can get that done...But the way Barnett looks...Like he's moving in quicksand some plays...I'm not sure it could hurt...I'd also like to see them stick with Bradham outside, and maybe get Chris White in the middle just to see what that would do...Maybe even move Moats inside...All I know is what they are doing now at LB is just terrible...Just awful... B-)

We need speed at LB, and I don't know if Morrison can get that done...But the way Barnett looks...Like he's moving in quicksand some plays...I'm not sure it could hurt...I'd also like to see them stick with Bradham outside, and maybe get Chris White in the middle just to see what that would do...Maybe even move Moats inside...All I know is what they are doing now at LB is just terrible...Just awful... B-)

Now that it is 24 hours later I realize our season is not lost. I do not want to just cast aside what we have and throw plugs in the holes. I want to see what Morrison can offer.

Kyle Williams more or less had the same sentiment. Not only are they basically calling guys out....but they're throwing lit matches in the powder keg of a frustrated locker room. There is a fine line between calling challenging teammates and being a whiner who 'talks through the media.'

I have no issue with what they said. I think it was spot on. However, it will be interesting to watch if this team solidifies/unites or implodes.....

there isn't enough intensity in that room for it to get that exciting.

Nick Barnett is right. So is Kyle Williams. You put crap players in good schemes, it's a crap scheme. You put crap players in a crap scheme, it's a crap scheme. You put GOOD players in ANY scheme and it's a good scheme.

We have a good DLine, no LBs, one S, and one CB on our defense. That is it. If we can't see that our back seven are slow to read, slow to react, and out of position as a result, then we are not watching the game correctly. And if we lose a key battle at the POA, it's worse.

GO BILLS!!!

A bad plan is a bad plan, but if you got the right team and they execute as a team, they can achieve the objective. Still, I think this is a combination of a unit playing as 11 individuals and having astonishingly bad plans. You don't sink to historically bad without the whole thing being a flusterduck.