Who wants to see a change?

How many want to see a change now?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who to fire during the Bye week?

• Fire the GM & HC & DC NOW?
    • Fire the HC & DC
    • Have Nix make Gailey fire just the DC?
    • Wait until the season is over and fire the entire staff?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read your post and was primarily responding to this portion of it:

I guess I should have quoted that portion. As my post states he did exactly what you're wanting here. He built the game plan around them, got them 35 touches and put up 34 points because of it.

Yep, and at the end put it all back on Fitz's shoulders. I think he should have kept running it. JMO

Gailey has been up to the Titans game one pass happy mofo. Its because of the way he ran the ball in that game that gives me hope. But if you look at the last 2 series by the Bills, shotgun run to FJ for 4 yards, shotgun pass, shotgun pass = INT. last series Shotgun pass, shotgun pass, shotgun pass, shotgun pass incomplete and turnover on downs.

Kinda why I elected to keep Gailey for the rest of the year but voted to fire the DC.

The bottom line to my point is I think they are only one more draft away, and since you couldn't say that last year, I am pretty pleased with the progress, even if the current production still frustrates. Last spring we needed a WR, an OLT, any semblence of a pass rush, LB's, the CB's weren't great, and we weren't at all sure we didn't need a QB too.

Now we need a QB and a couple of LB's. Gilmore and Glenn look great, and for what little action our QB is able to get him, Graham looks fine.

It would be great if it as easy as saying we need a QB and a couple of LB's in the 2013 draft, and we will be all set. Chances of hitting on all 3 in one draft class are slim to none unless you are picking 3 times in the first round, and even then it is still 50/50.

Also, your use of the word "great" should be reigned in a bit. Glenn and Gilmore have looked good in their limited NFL experience.

I'm with you PTR. It makes too much sense, which makes it unlikely. Firing Wannstedt also makes too much sense. Does chan watch the film of the defense? Or just the offense. Does he not see that we basically run the same play, every play? Is he going to tell Wannstedt (because he won't fire him) that he needs to blitz more or does he say "Dave knows defense better than I do, so ill let him fix it? I like chan as an OC and play caller. I think he needs to run the the ball more. I don't think firing him now will help the team. Replace the entire coaching staff, except dehaven and the d'allesandris, at the end of the season. Stache needs to go now before the moral of the defense falls through the floor.

Didn't read the whole thread but the Texans are a play action pass team and we're going to get our asses handed to us in two weeks. The game has passed Wanny by. I also with you guys in letting Fitz KNOW that he's now on the clock. Give TJ a lot of reps in a scaled down version of the offense during thesde two weeks and at least show the damn fans that you have a clue, or care.

Tim-

My biggest fear making a change is just repeating this retard rodeo in another 3 years when we blow out that regime...rinse, lather, repeat...always repeat. :doh:

PTR

It does seem to be a never ending cycle doesn't it? Retard Rodeo, never heard that, good one!

The can continue to play musical chairs with the GM, HC, and assistant coaches all they want, but(see my sig)...

Read your sig and after numerous head coaching and GM changes with the same results have reached the same conclusion as you.

You may have a point but I'm not sure it was the wrong call, just the wrong read and horrible throw (though I'm still not sure it was a horrible throw, it looks like he was trying to throw a back shoulder pass to Jones and there was a miscommunication )

If the Bills run the ball on 3rd and 7 with 3 minutes left and don't get the first down people are screaming that Chan isn't trying to "put the nail in the coffin" and is giving the Titans 3 minutes to score against a D that has been horrible all day long. I'm not confident the D would have stopped them from scoring had the Bills punted there. Hell, they scored with a minute left on the clock, an extra 35 yards in field position may not have stopped them. And if that happened people would be exploding asking why Gaily ran the ball instead of trying to get the first down.

First off on the throw. Chan knows what he's got with his QB. It isn't good and he knows it. It's why he called 95% of the game to limit Fitz' inconsistencies. Lots of running (still not enough), lots of screens, lots of running plays out of 1 and 2 WR sets actually. All until that playcall. Even the last drive he went back to the short underneath stuff when he really needed long gains.

Second, if Chan really was looking to "put the nail in the coffin" like you say, then why the hell didn't he go for 2 in either of the 2 TDs before that when he had the chance? Why didn't he go for it deep in Tennessee territory on 4th and 1 just before the half. He was thinking defensively all game and honestly, making all the right decisions up until that point. He played the run the ball game and kill the clock.

Every time we lose these games it feels like we've been through this before. Like I stated in another post just like the Bengals game last year, Miami game last year. He consists fly makes the wrong calls at the wrong time.

yeah you know its funny how this team has had worse starts. but it doesn't matter. do i think they will win the next 2 games? i am happy when they do better than winning only 2 games. which is exactly what they did the first year i watched them. picked up what was supposed to be an amazing defensive player, had a couple of players who were supposed to be amazing and yet they only won 2 games. sure its not fair to compare that team with this one. seeing as that team didn't do much for a couple more years. and the current team has already won more games. 85 was a rough year.

How about starting with a change at QB? You have two weeks. Give Travaris a crash course on a slimmed-down version of Chan's offense. He can't possibly be worse than Fitz is. Heck, bring back VY.

PTR

Not a bad idea either. The OP is correct about Chan. He is delusional in thinking that Fitz is anything more than a backup QB in the NFL. You can't run empty backfield sets with him EVER, esp not with 2 minutes remaining against a team you have a nearly 7 ypc average against. Play to your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. If your passing with Fitz, do it from a play action. Otherwise, give the ball to Freddie and Spiller, which also keeps the terrible D off the field longer.

You may have a point but I'm not sure it was the wrong call, just the wrong read and horrible throw (though I'm still not sure it was a horrible throw, it looks like he was trying to throw a back shoulder pass to Jones and there was a miscommunication )

If the Bills run the ball on 3rd and 7 with 3 minutes left and don't get the first down people are screaming that Chan isn't trying to "put the nail in the coffin" and is giving the Titans 3 minutes to score against a D that has been horrible all day long. I'm not confident the D would have stopped them from scoring had the Bills punted there. Hell, they scored with a minute left on the clock, an extra 35 yards in field position may not have stopped them. And if that happened people would be exploding asking why Gaily ran the ball instead of trying to get the first down.

Wrong. The Bills would have had the 1st down, or at least ran down some of the clock. There is a reason coaches like Cower have a ridiculous winning percentage when they are up entering the 4th quarter: they ram the ball at the opponents. We were averaging 7 ypc. Who is more trustworthy in that situation to have the ball: Fred or CJ; or Fitz???

If this was my team I would be sure that Wanny wouldnt be a part of it any longer. If Chan won't fire him then he would be fired at the end of the year too. If Nix isn't on board with this then he can go too!

Wanny SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's pretty sad that it isn't even Halloween yet & I'm already more excited about next years draft than I am about the rest of this season.

I usually make the 800 mile round trip to go to at least 2 games a year at the Ralph, but not for this pathetic team this year. I would consider it if they would at least fire Wanny to show that they care but if they can't do that then they don't deserve my time & money.

Marv is a senile, out of touch old man, Wade can relate to the players he will get us back on track

Wade is a fat dumb hick, Greg Williams organizational smarts are what we need

Greggy is a high strung diva with delusions of grandeur, Malarkey is the down to earth rock jawed everyman who can lead us to the promise land

Malarkey is mentally unstable, Jauron has the cool, calm, demeanor to right the ship

Jauron is an emotionless manikin who can't lead, Chan has that southern charm and good old boy git er done attitude to take charge

Chan is a blank who doesn't know how to blank, Blank with his blankity blank will put this team back into contention

I like Chan calling plays but he needs to appoint a "HC" to take over those duties and to keep him from making total bonehead playcalls in critcal situations, Maybe bring back Bobby April as "assistant" HC and ST coach and get some one from Mike Nolan's staff to DC and show how a real 43 is run.

I don't think we can keep making changes every 3 years. I'll buy into Ralph's reason for sticking with Jauron for one more year, even though that wasn't the right time to implement such a policy.

I'm tired of the disappointments as much as everyone else, but there has to be some continuity. I did vote for firing Wannstedt, but only because there was no "none of the above" option. I've always had the feeling that we need to give the staff some time. Yes, some of Gailey's play-calling and game management has been suspect, but more often than not, it's good.

Wannstedt has been the DC for 7 games. I know the D has been horrific and I wonder about some of the schemes he's been calling, but I don't think we should jump off the ledge just yet...but they better change something quickly.