2012 Buffalo Bills: One of the worst NFL defenses of all time?

Jetman

In 1981, the Baltimore Colts set the NFL record for allowing 533 points in a 16 game season, an average of 33.3 points per game allowed.

The 1966 NY Giants allowed 430 points in a 14 game schedule, averaging 35.8 points per game allowed.

Through 7 games, the Bills have allowed 227 points, averaging 32.43 points per game allowed. Projecting this over 16 games, this comes out to 519 points allowed for the season.

In short, this means that this years team could have one of the worst defenses IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. Ouch.

In 1981, the Baltimore Colts set the NFL record for allowing 533 points in a 16 game season, an average of 33.3 points per game allowed.

The 1966 NY Giants allowed 430 points in a 14 game schedule, averaging 35.8 points per game allowed.

Through 7 games, the Bills have allowed 227 points, averaging 32.43 points per game allowed. Projecting this over 16 games, this comes out to 519 points allowed for the season.

In short, this means that this years team could have one of the worst defenses IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. Ouch.

And to think this day couldn't get any worse...*just threw up in my mouth*

The bills defense is approaching historic levels of sucking.

What did Chan say in his post game press conf again?? "have you reconsidered your defensive game planning or coaching??" and his answer was "no". That speaks volumes to me. Unwilling to admit a glaring weakness in our team.

My only question, WTF is it going to take? The man has already shown unbelievable ineptitude in doing his job.

Juan Castillo of the Eagles was fired for a 15th ranked defense, and as an ex O line coach while not having any DC experience has shown more ability then Wannstooge.

I suppose being a friend of the HC has its merits

Moorman's punting average is slightly lower than his career average, so Gailey cuts him. Wannaclue's defense is putting up historically horrible numbers, and Chan says, 'nothing to see here.'

And if Johnson had 30 carries instead of just 18 today, the Titans would have laid another 50 spot on the Bills.

We are so bad against the run its not even funny. If people are playing hurt get em off the field, if not hurt cut em! They are a crap run defense.

I could live with 400 yards passing if they prevented teams from running but we aren't. If Wanny wants to impress me he will devise a gameplan to neutralize Foster & the rest of the Texans run game.

I have to say I am taken aback at how bad they are. The backers are nothing special but they made some good plays yesterday. It's that the DL cannot stop the run that is just so alarming.

I have to feel like this is Wannstedt's fault. These guys could all be good players. I'm stupefied.

Wannstedt obviously had some success in the past but he appears to be behind the curve in today's NFL. Other teams have found the holes and they consistently exploit them.

We are so bad against the run its not even funny. If people are playing hurt get em off the field, if not hurt cut em! They are a crap run defense.

I could live with 400 yards passing if they prevented teams from running but we aren't. If Wanny wants to impress me he will devise a gameplan to neutralize Foster & the rest of the Texans run game.

We can't prevent an opposing offense from doing anything. Literally our defense is incapable of doing anything right now except giving up massive amounts of yards and points in all aspects of the game

What confuses me is why Wannestadt went back to the same defense played against the 49ers, Pats* and Jests.

I realize Arizona's line isn't very good, but in that game, Wannestadt had DL standing up, moving around. Mario Williams switched sides a couple times. There were blitzes.

Fast forward to the Titans game, and its the same old 4 down lineman. Bringing absolutely no pressure.

Whats more frustrating, is where the hell is Marcell? Wasn't he suppose to be a monster in the run game? And I'm pretty sure Kyle Williams is no slouch in run support.

And Gailly says there is no consideration to coaching change on the D

WOW

Based on the fact that on the last touchdown pass that Stuper Mario was on the field (the worst passrusher on the line) the coach should be fired. That was the time to show the rest of the team you were serious about winning.

The best way to make a team hungry is to bench the $$$$$ and give snaps to the hardest workers.