Tyler Bray, What a Joke

Mark80

Seriously, are we done with this non-sense yet? Not a single quality game vs a good opponent in the last two seasons:

2012:

Alabama 13/27 184, 0 TDs 2 Int

Miss St 13/24 148 2 TDs 1 Int

Georgia 24/45 281 2 Tds 3 Int

Florida 22/44 257 2 Tds 2 Int

Kentucky 15/38 215 1 TD 2 Int

Vandy 16/33 189 2 TD 2 Int

Georgia 18/33 251 0 TD 0 Int

Florida 26/48 288 3 TD 2 Int

Please, let's keep the first round pick discussion to Barkley, Jones, and Smith (who may be playing himself out of the first round the last two weeks as well) only and get rid of this Bray crap once and for all. Thanks.

Seriously, are we done with this non-sense yet? Not a single quality game vs a good opponent in the last two seasons:

2012:

Please, let's keep the first round pick discussion to Barkley, Jones, and Smith (who may be playing himself out of the first round the last two weeks as well) only and get rid of this Bray crap once and for all. Thanks.

Surely you're not talking about Landry Jones?

I wonder what the list looks like at the end of the year, and then after all the combine hoopla.

Edited by NickelCity

Surely you're not talking about Landry Jones? I'd throw Wilson into the discussion.

Yes, I am. Have you watched him this year? He's looked fantastic. Back to the highly touted form of two years ago. I was skeptical at first too, until I watched him, he's back and looking great. Wilson has taken a hit based on team performance. Could climb back in though, no doubt.

2012:

it's not about stats, it's about does this person have the ability to make it at the next level. Bray has all the tools with a huge arm and quick release, he is still a junior and definitely has work to do but this Kid will make guaranteed. Bray still doesn't have the greatest team around him and if his so called best receiver Hunter catches the ball that would have been a 63 yd TD.

Let's say Landry plays well for the entire season. Does Nix use his logic of drafting players who have played well their entire collegiate careers (thereby passing on him)?

Landry is a quality player and if he works real hard could be great, should be a first rounder.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

2012:

Agree about Bray, but Aaron Murray will end up being the best QB out of next year's draft class. I've been high on this kid for three years now, and I truly believe it's one of those ONE things I'm right about once ever few years. He's very quietly become a leader on the field and he can make *every* NFL throw. There are things he's doing that Fitzy can only do in his dreams on the nights when he's not dreaming of calculus or how to solve the world's energy crisis.

I think Murray could have a bit of a drop, possibly even into the 2nd round d/t his height, but I see him as an easy top 15 pick for a team in need....if we picked him, I'd be thrilled.

Agree about Bray, but Aaron Murray will end up being the best QB out of next year's draft class. I've been high on this kid for three years now, and I truly believe it's one of those ONE things I'm right about once ever few years. He's very quietly become a leader on the field and he can make *every* NFL throw. There are things he's doing that Fitzy can only do in his dreams on the nights when he's not dreaming of calculus or how to solve the world's energy crisis.

I think Murray could have a bit of a drop, possibly even into the 2nd round d/t his height, but I see him as an easy top 15 pick for a team in need....if we picked him, I'd be thrilled.

Watched Murray for 3 yrs too and not impressed, he'll be average at best.

Landry Jones completion % has dropped slightly each of the last three years, his TD:INT ratio is about 2:1, and he plays in a far weaker conference. Murray's completion % is up this season (especially after today's game), his TD:INT ratio is more like 3:1, and he plays in the best conference in college ball. Obviously we won't know which one of us is right for a few years, but I'll be happy to put a steak and a beer on it if you're game.

Landry Jones completion % has dropped slightly each of the last three years, his TD:INT ratio is about 2:1, and he plays in a far weaker conference. Murray's completion % is up this season (especially after today's game), his TD:INT ratio is more like 3:1, and he plays in the best conference in college ball. Obviously we won't know which one of us is right for a few years, but I'll be happy to put a steak and a beer on it if you're game.

I don't drink and what exactly are we putting a steak on? Who's a better QB after 3 yrs in the NFL, which is quite a wait for dinner?

I don't drink and what exactly are we putting a steak on? Who's a better QB after 3 yrs in the NFL, which is quite a wait for dinner?

It won't matter that you don't drink, cause Murray will be the better pro! haha

I'll even give you Bray, as well, since you're so high on him....I'll take Murray, you get Bray AND Jones....we'll see which of the three is considered the more successful QB a few years into their pro career.

I have this feeling that we will all be expecting a round 1 QB, and Nix will take a WR or LB instead.

the worst part is they will pass on QB in the first round, one will fall the second round and they will pass in him again. Edited by mrags

I'm with the OP. I watch a whole lot of SEC football and I'm not buying the Bray hype. I see the physical tools, but not the mental ones. What game was it this year where he literally fumbled the game away on a potential game winning drive? UGA? There's better options out there.

the worst part is they will pass on QB in the first round, one will fall the second round and they will pass in him again.

No, taking a QB that probaly won't end up being as good as Fitz and then playing that QB due to where he was drafted or what the cost was it took to get him would be the worst thing. I just have a nightmare of another Rob Johnson / JP Losman situation.

I watched some of last night's game just to see Bray. I'm really hoping they'll be someone out there worthy of a mid to late first round pick.

2013 looks like a weak draft class, especially at QB.

None of these guys are sure things. But after 3 drafts of passing on prospects, we absolutely have to take a chance on somebody as our future starter.

Fitz has reached his ceiling and it just isn't good enough.

We should of gave up the house and store and the Kitchen sink and whatever else we needed to give for Mr RGIII. QB'S like him don't become available for trade or free agency. When u have a chance to get a guy that can throw like AARON RODGERS AND RUN LIKE VICK. but still a pocket passer, that also had a strong college career. U do it. Instead Buddy just laughed it off when he was asked about that trade. Saying that he didn't know fosho if RGIII was gonna be this good.

What I'm worried about now is that we are gonna give up the house for a Qb like Smith or Barkley that in my opionion are no where near the level RGIII. We should of made that deal we would be set for the next 12yrs or more baring injurys

We should of gave up the house and store and the Kitchen sink and whatever else we needed to give for Mr RGIII. QB'S like him don't become available for trade or free agency. When u have a chance to get a guy that can throw like AARON RODGERS AND RUN LIKE VICK. but still a pocket passer, that also had a strong college career. U do it. Instead Buddy just laughed it off when he was asked about that trade. Saying that he didn't know fosho if RGIII was gonna be this good.

What I'm worried about now is that we are gonna give up the house for a Qb like Smith or Barkley that in my opionion are no where near the level RGIII. We should of made that deal we would be set for the next 12yrs or more baring injurys

made what deal? we didnt have the ammo to trade up like Washington did, unless we really did give up the next two-three drafts...and in that case, no thanks...even if RGIII turns out to be HOF (I really like the kid too)....you cant give up 10 players for 1...otherwise we would have RGIII for 5 to 6 years and have nobody around him, and then he hits free agency by the time we can build a team again...not a good idea...

What about the other Tyler - Tyler Wilson? He doesn't get a lot of mention around here, but from what little I've seen of him he looks pretty good. I know it's early, but CBS Sports predicts he'll go to the Bills. How would yall feel about that?

I like his leadership, but wins are important for a quarterback, and he's not having the best of years. Much of that is due to the absence of Petrino, though.

Yes, I am. Have you watched him this year? He's looked fantastic. Back to the highly touted form of two years ago. I was skeptical at first too, until I watched him, he's back and looking great. Wilson has taken a hit based on team performance. Could climb back in though, no doubt.

Interested to see how he does against ND. I've seen him in person a few times because my daughter goes there and I had 'washed my hands of him.' But, he's played much better lately. Very nice games against TT and UT (where's Blue Fire? lol ). He's definitely climbing back into the discussion.

Let's say Landry plays well for the entire season. Does Nix use his logic of drafting players who have played well their entire collegiate careers (thereby passing on him)?

Sorry, it that were Nix' logic he would never draft a single player.

I agree about Murray, because he throws entirely too many int's, but I just do not understand how you can feel this way about Murray and still think Bray is going to be a stud at the same time. You hear so much about the "it" factor, and Bray absolutely does not have it. If you team is down, Bray is the first one in the tank, so he's basically Cam with Gabbert's ability. By the 4th quarter of the UF/UT game this season, he was just slinging the ball, like the he just wanted it to end and move on; one of his passes even ended up in Dooley's arms. The only QB's we should touch from the SEC are McCarron, if he comes out, and possibly Tyler Wilson. I am still on the fence about Wilson, but I am hoping he finishes the season strong.

Edited by Florida Gator 14

What worries me about Wilson is the Petrino Effect. We saw a bunch of QBs look like stars on Petrino's Louisville teams in the early 2000s, kids like Hunter Cantwell, Stefan LeFors, and Brian Brohm. But none of them were worth a thing as a pro.

2012:

Jones......lol. Yeah he's awesome!!!!

I'm not saying by any means that Bray is ready, or that he does not have his issues...But in the 3 Games I've seen of him this year I've seen a TON of dropped passes...A couple that would have been easy TD's...And there is no question he can sling it...I doubt he's ready for the NFL...He needs work and another year in College...But he's not a joke...And he's got a big-league arm... B-)

I agree about Murray, because he throws entirely too many int's

Murray has about the same TD/INT ratio as P.Manning did at Tennessee...3:1....except Murray will have more TDs by the end of his 3rd year than Peyton had by the end of his 4th.

Edited by ajzepp

It won't matter that you don't drink, cause Murray will be the better pro! haha

I'll even give you Bray, as well, since you're so high on him....I'll take Murray, you get Bray AND Jones....we'll see which of the three is considered the more successful QB a few years into their pro career.

Sounds good, I like EB Greens so you better work some overtime the week before :nana:

I'm with the OP. I watch a whole lot of SEC football and I'm not buying the Bray hype. I see the physical tools, but not the mental ones. What game was it this year where he literally fumbled the game away on a potential game winning drive? UGA? There's better options out there.

That is one thing I've noticed about Bray is he is not a gamer but he still has time to get better. That is what I liked about Casey Pachall was his ability to come from behind to make clutch throws on game winning drives although his arm isn't quite as good as Bray's (no one is).

made what deal? we didnt have the ammo to trade up like Washington did, unless we really did give up the next two-three drafts...and in that case, no thanks...even if RGIII turns out to be HOF (I really like the kid too)....you cant give up 10 players for 1...otherwise we would have RGIII for 5 to 6 years and have nobody around him, and then he hits free agency by the time we can build a team again...not a good idea...

I disagree with u and i will tell u why. Having a QB like RGIII is gonna do a lot of good things for a small market team like Buffalo. First of all the national attention the Bills will get will be huge we get more primetime gms. #2 his jersey sales are gonna go threw the roof. Bills will make big money on this kid. #3 Having a franchise QB will attract top notch talent (free agents and Coaches) to come to Buffalo. That will help make up the talent gap that we lost threw giving up all those picks. #4 This one is the most important with a true franchise QB we can become competitive again. Possibly challenge for a SuperBowl who knows. Tell u what though, it beats what we have done with our last 12 drafts put together. I would argue that RGIII is better than our last 12 first round picks put together.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.