Mario Williams investigation is over per Jason La Canfora, Get Ready B

This is why Belichick has pretty much taken to loading up his injury report with stuff tantamount to 'Deion Branch (cold sore), Tom Brady (stubbed toe).'

League mandates that guys have to list what their weak/injured areas are, physically?! It's stupid. I don't really care what their rationale is. It's stupid.

I am not clear why they even need to report injuries? To be fair to the opponent? For player 'safety'? So people can adjust their fantasy team line ups?

My suspicion has always been that the true value is with bookies so they can factor in who might or might not play into the point spread. But then, the NFL says they don't condone gambling so that can't be true.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Ed Reed said on the radio he has a torn labrum in his shoulder and he has not been listed on any injury report. Will the Ravens be investigated as well?

yes. They are now.

What do you think the NFL will do, with the case on Buffalo and Mario Williams for the injury of his wrist. I hope Mario takes responsibility and pays his fine. If not the Bills could have problems. What happens though?

Mario has said he did nothing wrong. He said he hurt it on a pre season game. If someone gets a fine, I think it's the team.

Slap on the wrist

I like what you did there.

HA! beat me to it.

More info and the NFL's statement: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/10/nfl-fines-bills-20000-for-not-reporting-mario-williams-injury.html

The Bills failed to list defensive end Mario Williams on the injury report while being treated for a sprained wrist. Williams commented publicly on Oct. 3 prior to Week Five games about how the wrist had been bothering him and limiting his effectiveness. Although Williams fully participated in practices and games after sustaining the injury, he should have been listed on the report with a wrist injury and fully participating in practice. Williams has been listed on the Bills' injury report with a wrist injury the past two weeks.

I thought the injury report was intended to broadcast to interested parties those players that stood some chance of missing a game. Now it's "everyone who has a boo-boo?"

So does this mean that the Bills have to report Fitzpatrick's sore, weak arm every week?

I really don't get why they didn't put him on the list in the first place. It's not like it has been a big secret. Mario has openly talked about the injury in his press conferences. I mean, he has been wearing a full blown cast for a couple games. It's not like the Bills were running some covert mission to keep this a secret. Why wouldn't they just put him on the list? Way to go Bills. I don't think a $20,000 fine to Ralph will score any points for Chan hahs, especially for no apparent reason.