Dwayne Bowe wants out of Kansas City, could he be headed to Buffalo?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume that I'm in the minority here but I think the Bills have decent talent at WR. Johnson is clearly good, I think Jones is also solid and Graham has shown good potential. If you throw in that Nelson will be back next season and that you have Spiller and Jackson out of the backfield then I think you have plenty of good receiving talent on this team. Need better QB play.

I think this is right. The receivers have been getting open, the passes are just off the mark. Can't speak much to their hands b/c the ball doesn't usually get that far.

Buddy and Chan have a next-to-impossible task confronting them - finding a top-flight QB. FA? Draft? Trade?? Who knows? But one thing is relatively certain, Fitz ain't the answer and the Bills will continue to be middling - winning 4-7 games per year and missing out on the best QB's when they come out of college. Too good to draft #1 or #2, and so bad we usually draft around #10 - a recipe for mediocrity!

Remember, we missed Big Ben by 1 pick - so we traded up for Losman. That didn't work. We need to do a Colts maneuver - like suck for Luck . . . . we need to barf for Barkley!! And he's no sure thing either!!

Even if the Bills finish in the 8-12 category., they have to mortgage the future to get the coveted QB and it can be done...RG-III to Washington.

Bowe has reportedly expressed his unhappiness with Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports. Cole says that one team could be Miami, but I am hearing that Buffalo will definitely look at him if he is available for trade. It could be what saves Chan.

http://nomorelinks....ded-to-buffalo/

So basically this entire post is speculation...nice reporting!

There's no point trading away picks or starters for receiver talent until we solve the problem at QB. Bowe would just be wastded here and setup as another scapegoat for Fitz failings.

I disagree, I know Fitz is looking like major suck so far this year but there are other players that contribute to a QB looking bad. Granted the timing has been way off between Fitz and many throws, and there might be reasons for that we fans are unaware of...who knows?

All I can say is a true #1 WR on the team besides Stevie Johnson just might save Chans job, and get this team into a winning season / perhaps playoffs. Considering how reluctant Gailey is to build a power running game and constantly wants to throw all game long.

Even if Fitz isn't the starter and Tavaris Jackson / Tyler Thipen gets the nod, DB would certainly be a huge factor in the passing offense going forward

Even if the Bills finish in the 8-12 category., they have to mortgage the future to get the coveted QB and it can be done...RG-III to Washington.

Not necessarily, the 2013 QB class is shaping up to be a deep one. The Bills could stand pat and land a good QB.

Not necessarily, the 2013 QB class is shaping up to be a deep one. The Bills could stand pat and land a good QB.

Absolutely correct. All I was saying was that if the Bills find a franchise QB and if it requires giving up on additional 1st rounders, the Bills should do that. At this point their talent evaluation at the QB position is pretty suspect...

1. Made Edwards the starting QB (after training camp) only to dump him after 2 games.

2. Brought in Thigpen and he had difficulty learning the offense in training camp

3. Signed off Brad Smith for wild cat and have seen two floaters intercepted and nothing else to show

4. Traded for Tavaris Jackson (a suspect QB) and he can't even get on the field as the back up QB

Missed drafting Wilson, Mallet, Locker etc. Not saying these players are going to have HOF careers, but they all could have made the QB position stronger (even if they were not starting today).

I'd love the move. And not that I'm a big fan of Cassel, but he is younger and has more upside than Fitz. Let's package them.

Except for the facts that Cassel is 30 while Fitz is 29, that Cassel hasn't broken 60% completion percentage or 7 ypa since he left NE (even in his best year, 2010), he ranked two spots below Fitz last year, and he's at the bottom of the stats heap this year ( so it's kinda hard to tell where your judgement of "more upside" is coming from), this is a fantastic post!

Missed drafting Wilson, Mallet, Locker etc. Not saying these players are going to have HOF careers, but they all could have made the QB position stronger (even if they were not starting today).

Really?? Wilson? Mallett? Why not include Matt Leinert and Jimy Clausen on your list?

PTR