Brooks coming back to practice this week!

eball

Great to read on bb.com that Ron Brooks can start practicing today, and is eligible to return to the active roster as early as 10/31. This kid really looked good in preseason and, IMO, was one of the sleeper picks of the draft.

With Aaron Williams struggling mightily right now, getting another speedy, talented corner in the mix after the bye week would be huge for this defense.

Great to read on bb.com that Ron Brooks can start practicing today, and is eligible to return to the active roster as early as 10/31. This kid really looked good in preseason and, IMO, was one of the sleeper picks of the draft.

With Aaron Williams struggling mightily right now, getting another speedy, talented corner in the mix after the bye week would be huge for this defense.

Can't wait for him to come back as I want to see if what he showed in preseason is real or a fluke. I hope he is a physical corner and we can look to our future with great hope. Gilmore-Brooks-Rogers, AWilliams to safety.

I have no doubt Brooks is going to be a solid player.

But let us all remember he is a rookie who has missed 6 weeks of practice.

I think he will see some time, but expecting him to come in and immediately replace Williams is a stretch.

Like to see him split some time with Williams.

I also would like to see him used some in Blitzing packages.

His most immediate impact will probably be made on special teams, kid is a heck of a gunner from what i have seen.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

This is great news, I think he's a lot better of corner than Aaron Williams. Ron know's how to turn his head and actually play the ball instead of the receiver. He's definitely going to be rusty until probably sometime around week 10 but he is another ball hawk and play maker.

“This is what I worked for my whole life,” said Brooks. “I feel like I’ve had a pretty good showing in the preseason and I wanted to carry that into the season, but with the injury it didn’t happen. It’s feast or famine right now and I’m ready to go out and eat as much as possible. So I’m definitely going back out there to go claim my spot.”

I really liked what I saw from him during the preseason. 8 tackles, 3 pass break ups and a pick in 3 games is not bad for a rookie, all while he had a broken foot.

Edited by LoyalToTheEnd

Anything that limits Aaron Williams reps is a good thing. Brooks reminds me of a Jabbari Greer type of pickup.

If not way better than greer. The kid looked very good in pre season and was a ball hawk. If this kid becomes a good/great one, it will sway my opinion just a bit on Nix's ability to draft and put a defensive squad together. Aaron Williams is a depth player in the end.

I admit, I'm shocked at the optimism for Brooks. I don't share everyone's recollection of his preseason success...I seem to remember him getting smoked a time or two also...just me?

No I remember that as well. But he did show some promise as far as being physical goes. As a rookie I feel he is going to have his flashes of good and bad. I am not as optimistic as some but the kid has potential IMO.

I admit, I'm shocked at the optimism for Brooks. I don't share everyone's recollection of his preseason success...I seem to remember him getting smoked a time or two also...just me?

your right his first game or two was really good.....then in one of the last games he got toasted like the rest of the team did.

I have no doubt Brooks is going to be a solid player.

But let us all remember he is a rookie who has missed 6 weeks of practice.

I think he will see some time, but expecting him to come in and immediately replace Williams is a stretch.

Like to see him split some time with Williams.

I also would like to see him used some in Blitzing packages.

His most immediate impact will probably be made on special teams, kid is a heck of a gunner from what i have seen.

He will also allow them to release ruvell Martin.