Presidential Debate #2

B-Man

This is just so completely wrong. Both of these men are highly qualified in very different ways.

Columbia University, Harvard Law, University of Chicago professor, State Senator, US Senator, President of the United States.

Harvard Business School, Harvard Law School; started a wildly successful company that only succeeded when other small companies succeeded. Saved the Olympics, Governor of a state.

What more do you want?

You forgot "community organizer" for Obama... That matters!!! :rolleyes:

BA

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm way late to this party. My quick thoughts as if anyone cares:

I thought Obama won clearly. Romney really blew his Libya answer and got factchecked on stage which was brutal for him. I see whining about the moderator on here (not a surprise). Mitt Romney has a track record of going at with the moderators. heard the same crap in the first debate. The difference was that Crowley wasn't having it.

It's surprises me that you guys aren't calling out Romney for being disrespectful the way you did to Paul Ryan. (well, it doesn't REALLY surprise me) He disrespected Obama on numerous occasions by going out of his way to ask his own questions to the President and keep harping on him for an answer.

All in all, I thought Romney sounded like a doosh up there and probably didn't appeal to the public. I could be wrong, but we'll see.

I thought Obama won clearly. Romney really blew his Libya answer and got factchecked on stage which was brutal for him. I see whining about the moderator on here (not a surprise). Mitt Romney has a track record of going at with the moderators. heard the same crap in the first debate. The difference was that Crowley wasn't having it.

It's surprises me that you guys aren't calling out Romney for being disrespectful the way you did to Paul Ryan. (well, it doesn't REALLY surprise me) He disrespected Obama on numerous occasions by going out of his way to ask his own questions to the President and keep harping on him for an answer.

All in all, I thought Romney sounded like a doosh up there and probably didn't appeal to the public. I could be wrong, but we'll see.

Nice bubble you live in.

i don't think that's really a fair comparison...this was supposed to be a very structured setting, ground rules were supposedly laid out in advance. In real world politics there isn't going to be a moderator timing the interaction. And I don't think it 'flustered him', it prevented him from making his complete point...but again, i didn't watch the debate, I chose to watch the Yankee game.

So if Candy Crowley's interruptions threw Mitt off his game plan imagine his fluster level in an actual crisis....?

So if Candy Crowley's interruptions threw Mitt off his game plan imagine his fluster level in an actual crisis....?

The game is less important than the facts. Barry never said the Libya attack was an act of terror (as evidenced), by claiming for well over a week that it was a protest over a movie. And Crowley admitted she was wrong.

Mitt was in a no-win situation so he backed down. This one instance does not mean he would respond that way once in office.

Edited by Gary M

This is just so completely wrong. Both of these men are highly qualified in very different ways.

Columbia University, Harvard Law, University of Chicago professor, State Senator, US Senator, President of the United States.

Harvard Business School, Harvard Law School; started a wildly successful company that only succeeded when other small companies succeeded. Saved the Olympics, Governor of a state.

What more do you want?

Someone whose wife does not own a horse.

Too bad the fact checker was wrong, and admitted such later.

You think it was okay for the moderator to debate Romney because it was Romney. Mmm-kay... :rolleyes:

Someone whose wife does not own a horse.Too bad the fact checker was wrong, and admitted such later.

Maybe, but the casual observer saw what fjl saw: Mitt got fact-check on stage. I don't expect the casual observer to fact-check the fact-checker, so strategically speaking, their perception is their reality.

Except...y'know...Monday is foreign policy day, and Candy won't be on stage to help Obama...so I expect Mitt to clearly show everyone how badly Obama's Sally Fields Reset Open-Mic-Whisper Foreign Policy is performing.

Maybe, but the casual observer saw what fjl saw: Mitt got fact-check on stage. I don't expect the casual observer to fact-check the fact-checker, so strategically speaking, their perception is their reality.

Except...y'know...Monday is foreign policy day, and Candy won't be on stage to help Obama...so I expect Mitt to clearly show everyone how badly Obama's Sally Fields Reset Open-Mic-Whisper Foreign Policy is performing.

Dont count on it...Bob Schieffer, that fair and balanced non-partisan is moderating.

Whoooooooolly !@#$!!

A CNN internal memo on why obama got more time to speak.

On why Obama got more time to speak, it should be noted that Candy and her commission producers tried to keep it even but that Obama went on longer largely because he speaks more slowly. We're going to do a word count to see whether, as in Denver, Romney actually got more words in even if he talked for a shorter period of time.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/candy-crowley-cnn-defends-debate-379869