Presidential Debate #2

B-Man

I think Obama looked like a deer in headlights in the first debate and a deer in the headlights pretending he wasn't a deer in headlights in the second debate. He sounded strong and forceful last night, but his facial expressions gave off a vibe that he was afraid of what Romney was going to say next. Obama is clearly paying the price for heavily insulating himself by refusing to confront real detractors or push backs on his policies in a face to face situation. That smooth, confident guy with all the answers and magic fairy dust is long gone.

Bobby Jindal had it right last night, he said that Obama had a thin skin and couldn't take criticism. The facial expressions showing obvious annoyance at Romney daring to question him were pretty telling. Well the few that slipped through, I will give credit and say that Obama did seem to do a decent job masking his irritation for a lot of the debate.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This tweet from Obama today: @BarackObama Romney still won’t say whether he’d stand up for equal pay, but he did tell us he has “binders full of women."

Unbelievably embarrassing.

Last night was like an audition for The Real World DC.

That tweet is asinine.

Edited by John Adams

This tweet from Obama today: @BarackObama Romney still won’t say whether he’d stand up for equal pay, but he did tell us he has “binders full of women."

This guy will do anything to keep the nation off topic. The topic being his policy failures. This is, as you said, just embarrassing. This tweet belong in the "lowering the bar" thread.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

Bill Clinton would have answered Jeremy's (the college student) question with "what are you in school for?" "What do you want to do post graduation?". Instead, Romney talks about taxes and Obama discusses the Detroit automotive economy.

I heard someone make a point about this today. Both candidates were in such a hurry to get to their talking points that they made zero effort to connect to the audience. If either one had done that instead of rushing to snipe at each other, they would have been a runaway winner. Instead they competed to look like top dog on the Jerry Springer show.

It's merely this week's heaping helping of small things...

Elmo didn't work out, so perhaps this binder thing will? I live in New Jersey and I've literally seen only one Obama bumper sticker in the last month.

I live in New Jersey and I've literally seen only one Obama bumper sticker in the last month.

That's beause everybody in New Jersey is a greedy 1%er with their own reality show

I heard someone make a point about this today. Both candidates were in such a hurry to get to their talking points that they made zero effort to connect to the audience. If either one had done that instead of rushing to snipe at each other, they would have been a runaway winner. Instead they competed to look like top dog on the Jerry Springer show.

I can almost hear the crowds chant: Barry!!! Barry!!! Barry!!!

Good data point. I'm sure Jersey will be close.

Obama wins by no more than 5 points in NJ. There's an outside chance he could lose NJ. If PA is in play then NJ is in play. There's very little polling here in a state that elected Chris Christie, and what polling there has been has had some ridiculous D+12 bias to it. I think that was a Rutgers poll...LOL

Edited by 1billsfan

Obama wins by no more than 5 points in NJ. There's an outside chance he could lose NJ. If PA is in play then NJ is in play. There's very little polling here in a state that elected Chris Christie, and what polling there has been has had some ridiculous D+12 bias to it. I think that was a Rutgers poll...LOL

I was being sarcastic. Romney doesn't have a chance.

I was being sarcastic. Romney doesn't have a chance.

I know you were, that's why I replied...LOL We won't have long to find out the results and who is right and wrong here. I remember a month ago Obama people were laughing at the thought of Romney winning, well that's certainly changed.

I know you were, that's why I replied...LOL We won't have long to find out the results and who is right and wrong here. I remember a month ago Obama people were laughing at the thought of Romney winning, well that's certainly changed.

Mitt looks like a possibility in Florida but Obama still has more paths open to secure 270 votes. Last night's debate probably didn't move the needle. They both looked childish.

Mitt looks like a possibility in Florida but Obama still has more paths open to secure 270 votes. Last night's debate probably didn't move the needle. They both looked childish.

He had to crush in last nights debate. I don't think Romney has that much in terms of different policies when it comes to foreign policy.

So a woman at my office who is a single mother and BEGGED for flexible hours to take care of her kids and BRAGS about them every chance she gets is on Facebook today mocking Romney for making the suggestion that flexible hours is important for women who want to work full time and take care of their families. And the best part is, other co-workers are high fiving her.

Im *thisclose* to pointing out her bull ****, but I dont want to start a FB war with someone I work with.

I swear, I !@#$ing HATE people.

Edited by RkFast

So a woman at my office who is a single mother and BEGGED for flexible hours to take care of her kids and BRAGS about them every chance she gets is on Facebook today mocking Romney for making the suggestion that flexible hours is important for women who want to work full time and take care of their families. And the best part is, other co-workers are high fiving her.

Im *thisclose* to pointing out her bull ****, but I dont want to start a FB war with someone I work with.

I swear, I !@#$ing HATE people.

Send Sununu after her.