Presidential Debate #2

B-Man

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So a woman at my office who is a single mother and BEGGED for flexible hours to take care of her kids and BRAGS about them every chance she gets is on Facebook today mocking Romney for making the suggestion that flexible hours is important for women who want to work full time and take care of their families. And the best part is, other co-workers are high fiving her.

Im *thisclose* to pointing out her bull ****, but I dont want to start a FB war with someone I work with.

I swear, I !@#$ing HATE people.

Well, you don't have to. But if we knew her name/account some other people might. :devil:

Michael Walsh: Don’t Worry, Be Happy.

“Whatever marginal help President Obama got from Candy Crowley’s wrong-headed intervention re Libya will dissipate in the morning air, as the stenographers in the MSM contemplate the question: If Obama knew it was terrorism on Day Two, then why did his administration continue to blame the video for days afterward?

Victor Davis Hanson:

“Obama did not forfeit the debate as last time, and took his cue from Joe Biden in interrupting and muttering while Romney spoke, so his energy made it an entertaining night. Nevertheless, the same theme as in Denver emerged — Romney more often providing specific proposals and detailed critiques, and Obama preferring more often emoting and running more on hypotheticals, as if he were not an incumbent with a depressing record that he is obligated to defend.

A key moment was Libya, and that is bad for the Obama cause, even if Romney let Obama slightly off the hook. Obama frowned and got defensive and then blew it by disingenuous explanations — claiming that almost immediately after the attack, he had labeled it an act of terrorism, omitting that on numerous occasions in the next two weeks he most certainly did not say that clearly at all, and declared either that it was the fault of a video or that he did not have enough information.”

Pretty much the entire thing from soup to nuts.

Had I been around last night I would have had my own bullsh*t to contribute. But since I wasn't, I can just sit back and enjoy.

Only 65 days to go!

In no small part because the debate itself was bull ****. The general consensus I've heard down here is "we get enough 30-second campaign slogans, we didn't need a string of them live."

Mediaite: Candy Crowley’s Debate Moderation Exemplifies Why Americans Do Not Trust Their Media.

“My singular take away moment of last night’s debate was one that elevated Crowley from moderator to debate participant. Crowley shot from the hip and echoed a talking point from the Obama campaign regarding their handling of the Libya attack to criticize Mitt Romney mid-debate. What’s more? She was wrong.”

Her goal was to blunt Mitt Romney’s successful criticism, and that’s what she did. She was acting as a Democratic Party operative with a byline, not as some sort of impartial “professional journalist,” which was no surprise.

MSM VERSUS THEIR AUDIENCE:

Press: Romney Loses Debate; Voters: Romney Wins Debate. “It’s hard not to notice a trend, here,” Rob Long writes at Ricochet. “Undecideds — or, to be more precise, soft Obama voters — are moving to Romney.”

Undecided former Obama voters overwhelmingly chose Romney after last night’s debate. “I was not undecided between Obama and Romney. I was undecided between Romney and not voting.”

Mediaite: Candy Crowley’s Debate Moderation Exemplifies Why Americans Do Not Trust Their Media.

MSM VERSUS THEIR AUDIENCE:

Press: Romney Loses Debate; Voters: Romney Wins Debate. “It’s hard not to notice a trend, here,” Rob Long writes at Ricochet. “Undecideds — or, to be more precise, soft Obama voters — are moving to Romney.”

Undecided former Obama voters overwhelmingly chose Romney after last night’s debate. “I was not undecided between Obama and Romney. I was undecided between Romney and not voting.”

Just curious, but you do realize that the links you post are as badly "single sourced" as anyone who relies exclusively on the MSM or Huffingglue Post and Politico?

Just curious, but you do realize that the links you post are as badly "single sourced" as anyone who relies exclusively on the MSM or Huffingglue Post and Politico?

I've brought this up before, he's ok way with it. Move along.

Edited by TheNewBills

In no small part because the debate itself was bull ****. The general consensus I've heard down here is "we get enough 30-second campaign slogans, we didn't need a string of them live."

Without question ... but it doesn't make the reactions any less entertaining for idiots like myself :D

i guess they don't vet the question askers....

http://totalfratmove.com/1063156

Pssh...there's nothing outlandish about that girls twitter...if you know about twitter. Sad that people think this is news...a girl has a twitter with some stuff she wouldn't put on a job resume and now she can't ask a question at a debate without being vilified by faux-news gossip websites?

Edited by TheNewBills

As always, I appreciate your response Tom, but I am aware of my links, and the varied sites that I refer to.

Like many here, I read articles from both sides of the spectrum, I almost exclusively post from conservative sites, to get out info that others may not see.

Hopefully it will contribute to the thread.

I am not much for the multiple "back and forth" posts that you see here, or the smilies (as commentary), or the (God forbid) 18 paragraph outline of everything I know on the subject post..............lol

I try and add some conservative commentators, who can write much clearer than I,

If people don't wish to read it, fine with me...........don't

Thanks again.

dude, i linked to a site i follow on twitter called 'total frat move', you don't really think i considered this news do you???

Pssh...there's nothing outlandish about that girls twitter...if you know about twitter. Sad that people think this is news...a girl has a twitter with some stuff she wouldn't put on a job resume and now she can't ask a question at a debate without being vilified by faux-news gossip websites?

Well then, here's something that can only be called "multiple-sourced" http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/16/luntz_focus_group_of_mostly_former_obama_voters_switch_to_romney.html

That's a lot of ex-Obama votes going for Romney, in Nevada. Now, we can talk about the lack of minorities in the group...but then, it goes right back to the same point: white voters, like it or not, will, IN FACT(for the lawyers here), make up 74-5% of the electorate. The loss in white voters is what matters here. That loss is statistically more significant than any gain in minority votes...which doesn't appear to be happening anyway.

I don't agree that Obama BSed us. I think he was sincere in his beliefs, I just think it didn't work. But, when I see visceral reactions like this, and, then I see 80% of the group laughing/supporting...and I combine that with the 74% thing?

I think this decision is already made. These people didn't see what we saw = Tie/Obama win on points. That's because they already have their minds made up, and they are done processing new information. How else can you explain this group supporting Romney by at least 7/10?

That means, that Romney's gains are largely locked in already. IF that's the case...Romney has already won, because, historically the rest of the undecideds will move his way, and there's nobody left for Obama to get...besides the 39-47% :lol: that were going to vote for him anyway.

How funny will it be...if Obama ends up losing 47% to 51%? :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo