Super Bowl halftime performer will be....

Just Jack

How about we have a college/high school marching band competition starting a month before the SB. Do it in an American Idol fashion with the competitors sending in videos. Nothing better than a good ole fashioned kick ass marching band. That way 98% of people who don't give a **** about marching bands can use the restroom, get some more food and catch up on some boozin'

:thumbsup:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem with the Black Keys or someone of similar popularity like a Maroon 5, is they lack the massive global following of the headliners they want. There's also the bigger risk the stage will be too great for them and they will bomb. NFL does not approach this as an opportunity for up n' comers, proven track records only need apply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwK7ggA3-bU

True about the Keys. But, this year they moved to arenas. Not because they wanted to but because of demand. Arbaugh's guitar sound is plastered on a lot of tv commercials, if not their music itself. I agree on the global popularity though. Still one of the most rocking bands out there, and far from a new band to their faithful. They would simply blow the roof off, and wouldn't crap their drawers doing it. Beyonce play's to the wow look at the hot chick crowd, and well chicks. Musically nothing too see though.

True about the Keys. But, this year they moved to arenas. Not because they wanted to but because of demand. Arbaugh's guitar sound is plastered on a lot of tv commercials, if not their music itself. I agree on the global popularity though. Still one of the most rocking bands out there, and far from a new band to their faithful. They would simply blow the roof off, and wouldn't crap their drawers doing it. Beyonce play's to the wow look at the hot chick crowd, and well chicks. Musically nothing too see though.

A band that would totally satisfy the global popularity, durability, and no stage too big for them id love to see is Metallica. I think in the old days a band that heavy might have worked and be viewed as consistent w/ NFL. But in the new era of no head shots, protect the QBs, no hitting defenseless WRs, etc etc .... set list of "For Whom the Bell Tolls", "Search and Destroy", "Creeping Death" and "No Remorse" might not fly in the Commissioner's office LOL

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

A band that would totally satisfy the global popularity, durability, and no stage too big for them id love to see is Metallica. I think in the old days a band that heavy might have worked. But in the new era of no head shots, protect the QBs, no hitting defenseless WRs, etc etc .... set list of "For Whom the Bell Tolls", "Search and Destroy", "Creeping Death" and "No Remorse" might not fly in the Commissioner's office LOL

I can here a NFL exec saying: Their music is not part of our demographic, and the're a little scary. Of course previous acts like U2, Stones, The Who, Prince,McCartney at one time would have got the same NFL cold shoulder. For the NFL image and of course outrageous profit is all that matters,

the problem with the Black Keys or someone of similar popularity like a Maroon 5, is they lack the massive global following of the headliners they want. There's also the bigger risk the stage will be too great for them and they will bomb. NFL does not approach this as an opportunity for up n' comers, proven track records only need apply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwK7ggA3-bU

Why on earth do you need someone with global appeal? You already have 147 brazillion eyeballs on the network.

Its marketing 101...you got half the Country watching that game with half the audience women. And 3/4 of them control the purse strings in the household.

So I get it...but would it kill the NFL to get AC/DC? Could you imagine them coming out to Thunderstruck? The place would implode.

Not in my house pal. I call the shots...which has landed me on the sofa many o' night. :w00t:

I know my choices are not cutting edge, but considering the wide age range of the target audience, and the need for recognizable songs...

Bon Jovi, John Cougar Mellancamp, a trio of country acts(country music is much bigger than some here would want to admit), Adele, or even GaGa.

I'm also surprised they aren't going with some country act. Maybe they think everyone is getting enough country music with the truck ads.

I'm also surprised they aren't going with some country act. Maybe they think everyone is getting enough country music with the truck ads.

What country star is big enough to take the stage right now? The country music genre is over saturated with mediocre talent and very little quality. Carrie Underwood might be a big enough name, but she is out of the spot light. Taylor is young, but way too teenyboppish (I love her songs, though, not trying to be so mean!). Kenny Chesney? Tim McGraw? I'd like to see them both up there, but they'd choose a d-bag like Toby Keith.

If it was going to be country I would want Garth Brooks. ONLY if he performed the songs of his past and only if he brought it like he did on stage in the 90's.

Basically, I cannot imagine a country star big enough that can actually rock it.

Edited by jboyst62

This I would be thrilled with!!! B-)

This may very well end up being the thread that tells me who I would like to hang with on this board, and who I would not...

RATM and Audioslave over SG?...No thanks...Don't like Rage much because I like actual singers who sing...Audioslave was cool for a side-project...But Soundgarden is epic...One of the greatest Rock Bands in the past 25 years...And that's not just my opinion...But I'm a grunge guy by way of being a metal head...

And I would not listen to anything Jay-Z did if it came with a serious cash bonus...Personally I have an inner battle everyday about what I hate more... Rap, Hip Hop, or New Country...But I hate them all...A lot...A real, real, real, lot... B-)

Audioslave was a cool project because they had only 2 albums. If they made more... sky was the limit.

I like all music. Rap, hip hop, old and new country (okay not all of it. red solo cup?????)

Ps. I had a coworker who said Jay-z was not that good and that tupac was better, etc. etc. I reminded him of some of his hits and he was pleasantly surprised. Some people dont know all the hits from an artist and are very quick to judge. I'm not saying you are like that. I'm saying you probably dont know all his great stuff. He's a word master with very good beats. It's kind of hard not to like the songs. Specially if you pump up the volume on the cool beats. Sometimes you just need a good beat. A good example would be the new djs that are making money. Guetta, Deadmau, just to name a few.