Super Bowl halftime performer will be....

Just Jack

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyonce is the hottest and sexiest pop figure in the world, TO ME. You gays need to watch her single ladies video again.

Please expand your music appreciation people. I went to a u2 concert at the rosebowl 2 yrs ago. Black eyed peas opened for them!!!!! Ha ha. Everyone including me went craaaaaazzzzy when they played their hits. They're just a hit factory. WillIAM is talented. Period.

If I was not married to a bombshell. I would probably be beyonce's stalker.

Ps. Very funny Ptr about her name.

Seriously? UGH!!! I'm sure she'll roll out Jay-Z too...I'll change the channel thank you very much... ;)

They should have asked Soundgarden...hehe

Love Jayz too. The black album is insane.

Actually Soundgarden would be barely ok. I prefer Rage against the Machine or Audioslave.

The nip slip and last year the finger, forces the league to play it conservative. Good news we don't have to watch it this year.

What's wrong with the Black Keys? They would blow the roof off the joint.

The Black Keys would be phenominal. They would have been an outstanding choice.

I know my choices are not cutting edge, but considering the wide age range of the target audience, and the need for recognizable songs...

Bon Jovi, John Cougar Mellancamp, a trio of country acts(country music is much bigger than some here would want to admit), Adele, or even GaGa.

Flame away!

:nana:

Edited by LabattBlue

Cannot believe this is who they chose. I guess they want to try to appeal to women, but I do not think it will work. The marketing has to be trying to get people who have no interest in the game to have interest. The kids will watch because their parents. The men will watch because they are men. The women with spending power will watch because they are usually the type. That leaves the elderly and the blind. They'd be better with the ghost of Glenn Miller.

The only rock act that I can think of that is big enough right now would be Foo Fighters. Which would be awesome.

This I would be thrilled with!!! B-)

This may very well end up being the thread that tells me who I would like to hang with on this board, and who I would not...

Love Jayz too. The black album is insane.

Actually Soundgarden would be barely ok. I prefer Rage against the Machine or Audioslave.

RATM and Audioslave over SG?...No thanks...Don't like Rage much because I like actual singers who sing...Audioslave was cool for a side-project...But Soundgarden is epic...One of the greatest Rock Bands in the past 25 years...And that's not just my opinion...But I'm a grunge guy by way of being a metal head...

And I would not listen to anything Jay-Z did if it came with a serious cash bonus...Personally I have an inner battle everyday about what I hate more... Rap, Hip Hop, or New Country...But I hate them all...A lot...A real, real, real, lot... B-)

I hate country...

I saw Jay-Z this summer, and despite being completely out my element... this 49 year old pasty white guy LOVED the show. He is VERY good at his craft. I get his music isn't for everyone but I am a big fan of his!

This I would be thrilled with!!! B-)

This may very well end up being the thread that tells me who I would like to hang with on this board, and who I would not...

RATM and Audioslave over SG?...No thanks...Don't like Rage much because I like actual singers who sing...Audioslave was cool for a side-project...But Soundgarden is epic...One of the greatest Rock Bands in the past 25 years...And that's not just my opinion...But I'm a grunge guy by way of being a metal head...

And I would not listen to anything Jay-Z did if it came with a serious cash bonus...Personally I have an inner battle everyday about what I hate more... Rap, Hip Hop, or New Country...But I hate them all...A lot...A real, real, real, lot... B-)

U2 was the best -- especially given the context and the scroll of the 9/11 names.

http://youtu.be/og0V1UtjPt4

I don't know I kind of have a problem with people cheering, screaming, smiling, laughing and generally enjoying the hell out of a performance as the names of all those killed during 9/11 scrolls by. But I guess that's just me. I had to turn it off.

I don't know I kind of have a problem with people cheering, screaming, smiling, laughing and generally enjoying the hell out of a performance as the names of all those killed during 9/11 scrolls by. But I guess that's just me. I had to turn it off.

Glad someone else said it. I think it was total cheese by U2 to do it. They also suck.

The Black Keys would be phenominal. They would have been an outstanding choice.

the problem with the Black Keys or someone of similar popularity like a Maroon 5, is they lack the massive global following of the headliners they want. There's also the bigger risk the stage will be too great for them and they will bomb. NFL does not approach this as an opportunity for up n' comers, proven track records only need apply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwK7ggA3-bU

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack