Super Bowl halftime performer will be....

Just Jack

Can't disagree

I just watched the U2 clip again after I posted the link. I still get tears in my eyes watching and thinking back to it. It was almost part of the "healing" process. Bono's gesture at the end (what he did with his jacket - I will not spoil it for anyone who watches it) was very moving.

I do not think I have ever heard a Super Bowl crowd react to U2 the way I heard them react and applaud at the end.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEP was the worst. My only thought is why so knee jerk with these acts? Janet Jackson nipple = Geritol rock?(and I love Petty)

Some one said green day...not my fave but much better than the past few years.

As far as Beyonce goes, she is the best pop act since jackson /timberlake.

Hell, at least it ain't nickleback, or ac/dc for that matter...the nickleback of their day!

Metalica and foo fighters are good too...breast cancer is bad, who cares if the NFL goes pink for a month...has nothing to do with womens lib either. Old farts that rely on the 'womens lib' movement as an argument should study harder and find new arguments.

Edited by RichmondRob

BEP was the worst. My only thought is why so knee jerk with these acts? Janet Jackson nipple = Geritol rock?(and I love Petty)

Some one said green day...not my fave but much better than the past few years.

As far as Beyonce goes, she is the best pop act since jackson /timberlake.

Hell, at least it ain't nickleback, or ac/dc for that matter...the nickleback of their day!

im on the green day bandwagon for the superbowl. i've seen them play to hundreds of thousands of people at lolapalooza (2010,) they can carry a crowd. their lead singer is in rehab though, so i doubt that happens anytime soon.

The Black Eyed Peas, Madonna, now Beyonce. Keeps getting worse every year.

How are Madonna and Beyonce worse than The Black Eyed Peas?

Beyonce is an icon of our time and for good reason, but let's face it, the half time show is the worst part of the Super Bowl. I don't care who is playing, it should never have been a thing.

How are Madonna and Beyonce worse than The Black Eyed Peas?

I don't think anyone could be worse musically than The Black Eyed Peas were. But none of the three acts are even the least bit appealing to me. Unless as DC Tom said, there is another wardrobe malfunction this year.

Beyonce elicits a "meh" response from me. If you're going the pop route, I'd prefer Katy Perry to be honest.

I typically find Bono insufferable, but U2 was the best halftime show I've seen - followed by Prince and the Stones.

I'm only a casual fan, but I agree that the Foo Fighters are tailor made for the Super Bowl halftime act. Too bad they're on indefinite hiatus.