Pay Jairus Byrd now!!!

Without exaggerating..

This would be the WORST time to start contract negotiations with Byrd. Didn't we do this one year ago with Fitz? How has that worked out so far... Never start negotiations with a guy after he just wins you a game. Seems like common sense..

I love that he made the picks of course but those two quarterbacks stared at the receiver the were going to for so long they could have been arrested for stalking.

Man, Mario doesn't get credit for his good game because, "the Card tackles suck", the Bills don't get credit for their wins because "the teams they beat suck" and now Byrd doesn't get full credit for his huge plays because of the above.

Bills fans have been miserable for so long they don't know how else to be.

There are lots of things to be critical about from yesterday's game. Fitz's accuracy, The LB play against the run, Chan's playcalling, etc. But it kills me that people are trying to deny credit to players who actually played well!

No more letting our good players go. Winfield and Greer are still two of the better CBs in the league and they could have been on our team their entire careers. Instead we have wasted lots of high draft picks trying to replace them and our team is worse off now than when they were here.

Man, Mario doesn't get credit for his good game because, "the Card tackles suck", the Bills don't get credit for their wins because "the teams they beat suck" and now Byrd doesn't get full credit for his huge plays because of the above.

Bills fans have been miserable for so long they don't know how else to be.

There are lots of things to be critical about from yesterday's game. Fitz's accuracy, The LB play against the run, Chan's playcalling, etc. But it kills me that people are trying to deny credit to players who actually played well!

I agree with all your points. The only one who should get credit for playing well yesterday are Spiller and Byrd. Byrd makes good plays every week. Forcing fumbles vs. the Pats. The guy wants and can get the ball. He's a keeper. That said, I'd do it in the offseason after Levetri.

• 1 month later...

As I just posted in the other Byrd thread...

You are forgetting the Bills fans "Damned if you do, Damned if you dont" policy, where IF we would have signed Byrd earlier, people would have been squawking this entire season that "he hasnt lived up to his contract, Buddy made a mistake again, and we should have waited until after the season to keep him motivated for the money".

If I had my choice of Byrd or Levitre, I take Byrd. He is a true stud. Not only is he a ball hawk, he is a great open field tackler. Doesn't always come through on TV how great he is at getting RBs that get past the line. Buddy says he's going to re sign our good players. He did it last year with Johnson. I'm hoping he comes through again.

Levitre is darn good, but our O is good and we can probably plug someone else in to at least be adequate.

But really, we need both.

Time for Buddy to put his money where his mouth is on this one.

If Byrd and Levitre are free agents after this year, then there will be a bidding war. The time to extend their contracts was last summer. Now it is too late. Somebody may pay them the way J'ville paid Poz, Or, they may choose to go somewhere for better weather, or to be closer to family, or to be on a perennial playoff team, or to be in a big city with media hype (would Cruz be on all those commercials if he was in Buffalo? (I know what you're thinking, with Fitz throwing to him Cruz would be a nobody)).

J. Byrd has done his job very well. He is a guy i want on the team for the long term. Proven himself over and over again.

The discussion should never be over one game or a recent trend in play and a knee jerk.

This guy has been darn good from the day he became a Bill.

There is something very important to that statement.

Get er done Buddy !

ps he is my second favorite player next to K Williams.

Nice little post game interview up on website with Jairus

No more letting our good players go. Winfield and Greer are still two of the better CBs in the league and they could have been on our team their entire careers. Instead we have wasted lots of high draft picks trying to replace them and our team is worse off now than when they were here.

You can add clements to that. Although the niners overpaid for him and he sucked after the first year there. Cornerbacks always seemed to fit into the Bills SOP. Let them walk after their rookie contract and draft more of them instead of paying them. Winnfield and Greer are still very painful losses in my book.

Byrd had a couple of good games recently. But, he has also disappeared for long stretches in his career in Buffalo. Especially right after his rookie season. I believe they will resign everyone. The Bills are far from cap hell even after signing M. Williams. I'd wrap- up Levitre first though as other have mentioned.

If I had my choice of Byrd or Levitre, I take Byrd. He is a true stud. Not only is he a ball hawk, he is a great open field tackler. Doesn't always come through on TV how great he is at getting RBs that get past the line. Buddy says he's going to re sign our good players. He did it last year with Johnson. I'm hoping he comes through again.

Levitre is darn good, but our O is good and we can probably plug someone else in to at least be adequate.

But really, we need both.

Time for Buddy to put his money where his mouth is on this one.

I worry a little that old school football guys might hesitate to pay premium dollars to traditionally less premium positions, but both earned it and they have paid those that deserve money. We will see.

Without exaggerating..

This would be the WORST time to start contract negotiations with Byrd. Didn't we do this one year ago with Fitz? How has that worked out so far... Never start negotiations with a guy after he just wins you a game. Seems like common sense..

I don't think his contract (or any really) hinges that heavily on one game when the guy has a resume.

Fitz got a low level starter contract. Byrd will get a good starter safety contract. Last week doesn't matter that much in the negotiation of big dollar deals.