Am I the only one? I ALMOST want fitz to bomb in this weekend...

I know this sounds ridiculous, but rather than the bills coming out and dominating the cardinals in all facets of the game, a part of me (a bigger part of me than id care to admit) wants fitz to come out and throw 4 picks in the first half and get benched.

I think at this point, as every thread on the main page can attest to, we know fitz isnt the answer.

But the thing is, theres so much talent on this team right now, that a QB switch could energize this team going into a winnable game next week at home against tennessee, and then into our bye week.

It seems like the kick in the pants this team needs to turn the season around, but it's only going to happen if fitz bombs AGAIN.

if we win in arizona, then come home and beat the titans with fitz under center, we'll be 4-3 heading into the bye, but will anyone REALLY feel confident in our ability to go on the road and beat new england and houston? we know how fitz plays in big games, theres no way we win those.

BUT, if thigpen comes in this week, plays well, then we smoke tennessee at home, suddenly, were 3-4 heading into the bye week, but playing with a hot hand at qb, and our next two opponents have no idea how to game plan for us. do they try to take away the run? what if thigpen has an arm and can beat them deep?

it might be the perfect time to make this switch - because if we COULD get a split from houston/new england with thigpen at qb, the direction of the team is going to seem a lot more solid heading into the (cake) backend of our schedule.

There's so much wrong with this post and line of thinking.. I'm not evern sure where to begin. But, I'll take a shot.

So, if Fitz wins the next 2 games, we go into the Bye week lacking confidence. But, if Thigpen wins those games, we suddenly have all sorts of new found confidence. Because a career backup won 2 games, not our starter. Because Fitz winning is luck and anyone else winning is skill?

So, if Fitz wins this week ... a big game, on the road.. there's no way he can win against NE or Houston on the road because those are somehow bigger games more on the road than this week's road game.

So, no other team is gonna have flim on Thigpen and will not know how to prepare, i.e. advantage us. So, I guess teams can't view film from the 2 most previous weeks? Because apparently, the 2 games Thiggie played so well in and won, no one will be able to watch and prepare for him. Brilliant! We should just switch QBs every 2 weeks.

What if Thigpen has an arm? What if he proves he's actually starting quality first?

You do realize that the only way the Bills have success this year and in the next couple of years is if Fitz and the defense pull their collective heads out of their asses and start playing, right? Few.. few.. a small few QBs come to a team and make them an immediate winner. Denver just picked up Peyton Fricken Manning and what's their record? So, your plan is for Fitz to bomb and then we get a better QB than Peyton Fricken Manning to magically turn this team around. I swear this is exactly why I dislike fantasy football and Madden video games. Sure, it gets more people interested in football, but they don't have a clue what it takes to win. They totally forget that football players and coaches aren't interchangeable pieces that you can plug in and out of lineups and see instant results.

Ding... lunch is done!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I always want to the Bills to win...even if it screws up a draft pick, or goes against my personal agenda...I am, more and more, joining the camp that doesn't think Fitz is the answer...but I am still gonna root like hell for him to prove us wrong.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but rather than the bills coming out and dominating the cardinals in all facets of the game, a part of me (a bigger part of me than id care to admit) wants fitz to come out and throw 4 picks in the first half and get benched.

I think at this point, as every thread on the main page can attest to, we know fitz isnt the answer.

But the thing is, theres so much talent on this team right now, that a QB switch could energize this team going into a winnable game next week at home against tennessee, and then into our bye week.

It seems like the kick in the pants this team needs to turn the season around, but it's only going to happen if fitz bombs AGAIN.

if we win in arizona, then come home and beat the titans with fitz under center, we'll be 4-3 heading into the bye, but will anyone REALLY feel confident in our ability to go on the road and beat new england and houston? we know how fitz plays in big games, theres no way we win those.

BUT, if thigpen comes in this week, plays well, then we smoke tennessee at home, suddenly, were 3-4 heading into the bye week, but playing with a hot hand at qb, and our next two opponents have no idea how to game plan for us. do they try to take away the run? what if thigpen has an arm and can beat them deep?

it might be the perfect time to make this switch - because if we COULD get a split from houston/new england with thigpen at qb, the direction of the team is going to seem a lot more solid heading into the (cake) backend of our schedule.

Dude Wow Really?! :blink::wacko:

Thigpen is even worse, better off with Jackson, who apparently can't be given any reps in practice thus wasting a pick on him, can't even get activated.

There's so much wrong with this post and line of thinking.. I'm not evern sure where to begin. But, I'll take a shot.

So, if Fitz wins the next 2 games, we go into the Bye week lacking confidence. But, if Thigpen wins those games, we suddenly have all sorts of new found confidence. Because a career backup won 2 games, not our starter. Because Fitz winning is luck and anyone else winning is skill?

So, if Fitz wins this week ... a big game, on the road.. there's no way he can win against NE or Houston on the road because those are somehow bigger games more on the road than this week's road game.

So, no other team is gonna have flim on Thigpen and will not know how to prepare, i.e. advantage us. So, I guess teams can't view film from the 2 most previous weeks? Because apparently, the 2 games Thiggie played so well in and won, no one will be able to watch and prepare for him. Brilliant! We should just switch QBs every 2 weeks.

What if Thigpen has an arm? What if he proves he's actually starting quality first?

You do realize that the only way the Bills have success this year and in the next couple of years is if Fitz and the defense pull their collective heads out of their asses and start playing, right? Few.. few.. a small few QBs come to a team and make them an immediate winner. Denver just picked up Peyton Fricken Manning and what's their record? So, your plan is for Fitz to bomb and then we get a better QB than Peyton Fricken Manning to magically turn this team around. I swear this is exactly why I dislike fantasy football and Madden video games. Sure, it gets more people interested in football, but they don't have a clue what it takes to win. They totally forget that football players and coaches aren't interchangeable pieces that you can plug in and out of lineups and see instant results.

Ding... lunch is done!

i just dont understand how anyone can watch this team for more than a quarter, and think ryan fitzpatrick is the answer at quarterback.

he will never win games for us.

with that being said - how many REGULAR SEASON GAMES have we seen thigpen play in, where he has a full 60 minutes to play, with our starters, behind our starting offensive line, with our 2 all pro backs, with our defense coming on to the field if we have to punt it away.

i know i know i know, in his 6 preseason games, hes looked bad :thumbdown:

who cares though? fitz has looked awful in every preseason game too. only difference is, when the bullets start flying, fitz has managed to scrape together 12 wins for us! (over 3 years.)

this is why the bills suck - 3 hard years of evidence that fitz is NOT going to win games for us.

but yet management, and a significant portion of this board, thinks that EIGHT FREAKING YEARS into his career, the harvard kid is going to be able to throw it longer than 10 yards?

barring injury, fitz will remain our qb thru to the bye week, no matter what he does.

thigpen, is horrible, shouldn't even be on team.

shame on coaching if T Jax is not ready, i mean aren't there asst coaches, WR backups and practice squad players to throw to ?

Unfortunately we have to live or die by Fitz... For all the reasons previously stated, there is no other option... Gailey has made sure of that with the TJ and Thigpen situation. The choices that have been made, we're stuck with.... And so are they. The choice to stay the course will ultimately decide the fate of the people in question (Gailey, Fitz, etc) they can do well, which will improve some spirits around here, or they keep blowing it and the FO's fears of the unemployment line come true.

I don't get rooting against anyone on the Bills if you're a fan. I understand what you're saying as far as making a change but to root for a guy on your favorite team to fail is beyond me. Instead we should root that the light goes on for Gailey and he realizes that this is a run first team and futz manages the rest of the season well

Well I think if they lose tomorrow and the fans make a big enough stink and maybe gailey gets some real heat, then things will change. This notion that Jackson isn't ready is pure coach crap talk. Gailey knows no one would want thigpen in the game so he keeps Jackson 3rd string. Something has for to change and I don't think Arizona or titans are pushovers anymore, maybe they are waiting for the bye week.

IF the bills can go 3-4 going into the bye then make change at qb put Jackson in and u still have a shot at the playoffs. Jackson almost beat New England when coming in for Farve if it wasn't for horrible hands by his wideouts!!!! Frankly Jackson has never thrown to wideouts who get open like the bills recievers seem to do quite often and well, or has he had a line like the bills have as well.

Edited by Cheetahz