I never saw this coming regarding Dareus's play....

Kipers Hair

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't really know what to say. shocking doesn't do it justice.

of all the disappointments (mario, fitz, no pass rush, safety play), dareus' sucktitude might be the worst. compounding that problem is the fact that there are a few hall-of-fame type of talents drafted right after him. would certainly be par for the !@#$ing course if we swung and missed again in the top 5 of a draft. he NEEDS to pick it up and play to his "potential" or we're in worse shape than we think.

Dareus, according to the football analytics site ProFootballFocus.com, is the lowest-rated of 77 defensive tackles, and last of all defensive tackles against the run.

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz297FUJa9d

Not a big worry. Wanny just needs to get the kid some better "fit(s)". He'll be fine when he has a true NFL coach next season. or he will be gone when his rookie contract expires.

Not a big worry. Wanny just needs to get the kid some better "fit(s)". He'll be fine when he has a true NFL coach next season. or he will be gone when his rookie contract expires.

and then become a fixture in the pro-bowl and goes into the hall as one of the most dominating DTs ever -.-

I'm curious what they had him rated last year when everybody was singing his praises. He didn't just suddenly start sucking. Two things are different - 1) he's dealing with the death of his brother (i.e. his heart might not be into playing atm and I wouldn't blame him) and 2) New defensive scheme and coordinator.

I'd imagine it's a combination of the two. The guy is a talent and if he wants to be good he will be good. My guess is he turns it around at some point this season, I just hope it's not too late.

You know the Bills are the worst team in the NFL against the run, well technically 3rd worst, but they're only 6 yards difference between the Jests and 'Aints.

So how could an individual rank well on a team like that?

Run Defense is a team sport.

Dareus, according to the football analytics site ProFootballFocus.com, is the lowest-rated of 77 defensive tackles, and last of all defensive tackles against the run.

Read more: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz297FUJa9d

Well, right now the Bills are #30 for run D as a team and that's only because they did OK against KC and the Browns.

It kind of stands to reason the individual players on a team in that position aren't going to be highly rated.

So, if I was the coach and felt he was underperforming because of his recent family tragedy... I would probably do this:

1) Keep him in as starter. Officially dropping him would probably be bad for him and probably bad for team morale given the situation.

2) Call for a LOT of substitution packages with his backup. Assuming his backup is playing better. Otherwise.... do nothing.

Beyond that you just have to give him time to work through it. If he comes back next year and does poorly you deal with it at that time... Hopefully that is not the case. If it hurts his performance for future seasons he should seek help... but I do not think the team can get into that. Right now the loss is too fresh and there is very little anyone can do about it.

I'm curious what they had him rated last year when everybody was singing his praises. He didn't just suddenly start sucking. Two things are different - 1) he's dealing with the death of his brother (i.e. his heart might not be into playing atm and I wouldn't blame him) and 2) New defensive scheme and coordinator.

I'd imagine it's a combination of the two. The guy is a talent and if he wants to be good he will be good. My guess is he turns it around at some point this season, I just hope it's not too late.

Here's a fantasy football related article they put out a few months ago.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/10/fantasy-idp-sophomore-spotlight-marcell-dareus/

And he had no other pass rushers around him. His run grade wasn't the greatest last year, but it was a positive even though Kyle Williams was out for the majority of the year.