schedule makers take note

As much as I am not a conspiracy theorist guy, it seems the Bills have had their share over the years with this type of scheduling. Don't they almost always get the Patriots coming off a bye week?

I'm not going to do it, but it sure would be interesting to see a scorecard for the different teams and how many times they get the extra day advantages.

Obviously, the better teams get Thur and prime time games more often, so naturally, they have more games with extra prep time.

As much as this might be a partial excuse if the Bills getting killed next couple of weeks, they're still a team in a state of chaos with the perennial issues of: coaching, GM, QB play, porous defense, injuries, and a losing record.

Same old, same old. I propose the team change it's mascot name to "the groundhogs"

Lately most teams could beat the Bills with only three days to prepare.

Well put. I remember the niners super bowl WINNING years. A lot of coverage in the bay area papers was the same types of scheduling complaints. Of course no Thursday football, but A lot of trips to the east with shortened weeks. So what did the Niners do in that situation? They kicked the other teams butt. But yea lets add the schedule too the growing list of obtuse reasons of why the Bills suck.

On the other side Baltimore had to play their three games in 18 days? They are one of the more glamor teams so there goes that theory.

Unless someone wants to do an analysis of every teams schedule over a three or four season period, posts like this prove nothing. I'd be willing to bet if you visit the BB's of other temas you'll find similar posts how their team got screwed by the schedule, thye can't all be right. You also don't know what special requests the Bill's may give the schedule makers which makes other things happen more frequently. By special requests I mean like years back for example they requested no home Monday night games

Edited by Ed_Roch

but then we're gonna have 10 days to prepare for Indy. Of course the Bills will only have 3 days to prepare for Miami on that Thurs night and they will be coming off consecutive thrashings at Houston and New England..

In any event, with all the Thurs night games this year, i am sure other teams are facing similar schedules as the Bills. Just deal with it and win a few.

Anyone notice that the bills play the cardinals, who played on thursday last week and had extra days to prepare for the bills and next week they play the tenn who play tonight and will have extra days to prepare for the bills. Two weeks in a row? Really?

no mention if the Bills always playing the Putrids after a bye year after year after year.

Lately most teams could beat the Bills with only three days to prepare.

:thumbsup:

I am pretty sure if you dissected every teams schedule, you would find similar situations. Bills (or Bills fans) need to stop making excuses.

Edited by Buftex

I am pretty sure if you dissected every teams schedule, you would find similar situations. Bills (or Bills fans) need to stop making excuses.

A quick glance at the schedule and results weeks two through five shows teams that played Thursday night at 3-5 the next week.

actually I have and your wrong, you would hope there would be similar circumstances but guess again.....just run down Buffalo and NE...Buffalo at SF at Arizona at Texans...meanwhile NE home for AZ home for SF and Home for Texans.....I'm not even going to go into the byes and short week, long week stuff. Fact is it's not fair

actually I have and your wrong, you would hope there would be similar circumstances but guess again.....just run down Buffalo and NE...Buffalo at SF at Arizona at Texans...meanwhile NE home for AZ home for SF and Home for Texans.....I'm not even going to go into the byes and short week, long week stuff. Fact is it's not fair

The teams played and location of the games is a simple rotation. You could see who we have home vs road for the next decade if you want

But good job!

Schedule is set based on where you ended in what division. Not only who they play, but where they play. I believe there is some flexibility in scheduling say for example every 4 years the Bills and SF play, well in 2016 the game may end up in SF again, if in 2020 for a third time in a row the game was set for SF, they may make an adjustment to play the game in Buffalo instead. But they try to keep these things to a minimum as it's just simply changing the site of the Bill's game, now they also need to change two other teams in the series of AFC east vs NFC west and there may not be another easy one to change so it's not a guarantee.