A tell tale sign, re: Gailey is done!

Here's a link to an article, ending with a quote that makes me think that Gailey is going to sink this ship! The "captain" is scared folks, and he's refuing to believe what's right in front of his very eyes.

"Not an option."

What about Fitz mentally? Gailey again said Tarvaris Jackson is not an option because there’s no time to get him reps. Gailey said, “I don’t think it’s an issue, but I’m going to talk to him about it and we’re going to visit about it because I don’t want him to lose his confidence. You always worry about guys that are in critical positions. I just want to make sure that he’s fine.”

FWIW, I was not a Fitz basher...heck, I even gave him the benefit of doubt...he's a gun slinger, when he gets behind he'll force some throws and he'll get picked here and there. Not any more! I have seen, through two games now, 6 passes that most other QB's complete for TDs. He's is no good and he's the #2 problem on this team, right behind Wanny, IMHO (you can flip flop these 2, but they are #1 & #2, no matter how you rank them).

Call it fear, or ignorance, but this shows you he can't even see that Fitz is, simply, not a very good QB. I don't care what the #'s say. He doesn't want him to lose confidence? What has he done to earn anyone's trust or confidence in him? Are you telling me that you actually think this guy has any confidence at all, at this point?

My point is that you make a trade for a guy...say he's been on your radar since you came here and now, he's not even an option because why? WTF is practice for other than to get guys reps? Swallow your pride, admit Fitz IS NOT the guy, realize that Thigpen is no better, and give the kid a shot...give him a shot to prove that he's truly NOT an option, at the very least.

AND IT'S NOT TOO EARLY TO FEEL THIS WAY!!! THE SLIDE STARTED 13 GAMES AGO!

Flame on...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I has been scratching my head wondering why Jackson is not even dressing. Let him at least get on the sideline and get into the flow of the game, listen to the radio traffic between Gailey and Fitz and so on, Hell, even let him do the kneel down at the end instead of Thigpen just to at least get a live snap or two. Come on Chan, use your head. If T-Jack is not going to get practice reps and not even going to dress for the games, WTF is he on the team for.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I cannot believe that Chan believes fitz is a good qb or will take the Bills to the playoffs. It may be that he just has less confidence in TJ and being out of options he has to put on a game face and go with Fitz. Its not like we have all the pieces or would be going anyplace if Fitz actually did perform this year. Play out the year, Chan...and then go gently into that good night.

All I know is TJ came in after Moats knocked out Favre against the Vikings a few years ago and he went bombs away on us, completing a bunch of downfield throws...better option than Fitz right now, IMHO....

It boggles my mind that VY was cut for what seems to be no reason. Sure, he had a few bad plays in pre season. So did Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Rapelisburger. He looked decent enough to fire Thigpen who we all know sucked so bad that we refused to play him last year even though our starter was injured.

It also boggles my mind that we gave up a draft pick (regardless of round) for a guy that probably would have been available via FA in a matter of a few weeks. This very same guy that Chan has stated probably won't play at all this year because his rediculous playbook is incomprehensible to the average QB.

The FO did this for one giant reason. If VY was here everyone would have been demanding a change at halftime in game 1. They are eliminating any QB controversy. It's rediculous to think otherwise. Think about it, we have Brad Smith and Tyler Thigpen as our backups at this point and an excuse for the guy we just picked up, yet has had almost as much time to get the playbook as VY did in training camp and preseason.

I has been scratching my head wondering why Jackson is not even dressing. Let him at least get on the sideline and get into the flow of the game, listen to the radio traffic between Gailey and Fitz and so on, Hell, even let him do the kneel down at the end instead of Thigpen just to at least get a live snap or two. Come on Chan, use your head. If T-Jack is not going to get practice reps and not even going to dress for the games, WTF is he on the team for.

Part of the reason he has not been dressing on Sunday’s is because if he’s active for a certain number of games (I believe it’s 6) then we’ll owe Seattle a 6th rounder rather than a 7th. To us, the difference between the 2 picks is marginal but to the front office, it’s big. Definitely not worth it to just let him run a few gimmick plays.

I cannot believe that Chan believes fitz is a good qb or will take the Bills to the playoffs. It may be that he just has less confidence in TJ and being out of options he has to put on a game face and go with Fitz. Its not like we have all the pieces or would be going anyplace if Fitz actually did perform this year. Play out the year, Chan...and then go gently into that good night.

It's not just Chan...It's Chan and Buddy...Nix is on record as much as you want claiming Fitz can get The Bills to the Playoffs and beyond...That's not the kind of delusion that is going to grow confidence in your Fan base I'll tell you that much... B-)

they don't call him Mega-Moron for nothing. Jackson should be as you point out on the sideline. Unless he's just window dressing which it now appears to be. In the end it doesn't matter because no one here is the answer.

It boggles my mind that VY was cut for what seems to be no reason. Sure, he had a few bad plays in pre season. So did Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Rapelisburger. He looked decent enough to fire Thigpen who we all know sucked so bad that we refused to play him last year even though our starter was injured.

It also boggles my mind that we gave up a draft pick (regardless of round) for a guy that probably would have been available via FA in a matter of a few weeks. This very same guy that Chan has stated probably won't play at all this year because his rediculous playbook is incomprehensible to the average QB.

The FO did this for one giant reason. If VY was here everyone would have been demanding a change at halftime in game 1. They are eliminating any QB controversy. It's rediculous to think otherwise. Think about it, we have Brad Smith and Tyler Thigpen as our backups at this point and an excuse for the guy we just picked up, yet has had almost as much time to get the playbook as VY did in training camp and preseason.

I totally agree... especially regarding Vince..

Armchair, this is wonderful news!

Two of the three biggest problems on this team are about to go down in Flames together!

Gailey is a stubborn old coot, who couldn't coach a squirrel up a tree. Fitz is the worst QB I've ever seen Play. I thought it was Jamarcus Russell, but I was wrong. I say let them keep right on going! Soon the stink of the '12 Buffalo Bills will get so bad that the fans AND the media will be driven away. The sports anchors will inevitably chime-in and turn up the heat on OBD.

Perhaps you feel sorry for the delusional, terrified old man standing on the sideline wearing a Bills cap -Well DONT. He deserves everything that's about to come to him. -Come Sunday, he'll officially be the laughing stock of the NFL coaching world, and the Bills will be the punchline to every sports joke in America.

This is what has to happen in order to turn this horrible page. Chan must leave immediately, with Wanny, and Fitzpatrick in tow. Buddy can either pull the trigger, or say goodbye to the last NFL job he'll ever have.

Edited by #34fan