A tell tale sign, re: Gailey is done!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a link to an article, ending with a quote that makes me think that Gailey is going to sink this ship! The "captain" is scared folks, and he's refuing to believe what's right in front of his very eyes.

"Not an option."

What about Fitz mentally? Gailey again said Tarvaris Jackson is not an option because there’s no time to get him reps. Gailey said, “I don’t think it’s an issue, but I’m going to talk to him about it and we’re going to visit about it because I don’t want him to lose his confidence. You always worry about guys that are in critical positions. I just want to make sure that he’s fine.”

FWIW, I was not a Fitz basher...heck, I even gave him the benefit of doubt...he's a gun slinger, when he gets behind he'll force some throws and he'll get picked here and there. Not any more! I have seen, through two games now, 6 passes that most other QB's complete for TDs. He's is no good and he's the #2 problem on this team, right behind Wanny, IMHO (you can flip flop these 2, but they are #1 & #2, no matter how you rank them).

Call it fear, or ignorance, but this shows you he can't even see that Fitz is, simply, not a very good QB. I don't care what the #'s say. He doesn't want him to lose confidence? What has he done to earn anyone's trust or confidence in him? Are you telling me that you actually think this guy has any confidence at all, at this point?

My point is that you make a trade for a guy...say he's been on your radar since you came here and now, he's not even an option because why? WTF is practice for other than to get guys reps? Swallow your pride, admit Fitz IS NOT the guy, realize that Thigpen is no better, and give the kid a shot...give him a shot to prove that he's truly NOT an option, at the very least.

AND IT'S NOT TOO EARLY TO FEEL THIS WAY!!! THE SLIDE STARTED 13 GAMES AGO!

Flame on...

I can't understand why they traded for Jackson if he is going to be completely unused.

The Bills are not going to escalate the draft pick from a seventh round pick to a sixth round pick in order to please the fans.

There is no reason to have TJax on the active roster. He will be on the active roster the minimum number of times to ensure the pick is not conditionaly upgraded to a sixth.

I believe it is 6 games on the active roster than the pick is upgraded to a 6th. Therefore, unless there is a catastrophic injury to Fitz or Thigpen TJax will stay off the active roster until week 11 or 12.

Which by coincidence the Bills will also know if they are still in playoff contention and Fitzy's future on the Bills is likely also tied to those standings as well.

Maybe there is a plan in place . . .

If Jackson is not ready, why bother dressing him and wasting a roster spot. At least Thigpen knows the play book. What bothers me is as to why Jackson is not ready. Is Gailey's offense that complicated or is Jackson dumb?

Chan sucks.

Final Score: Arizona 37 Buffalo 10

Kolb: 270yds, 4TDs, INT,

Fitz: 148yds, 1TD, 3 INT, 1 Fum,

Fitzgerald: 5 catches for 100yds, 3 TD's

Arizona has the 31st ranked rushing O and they are down to their 3rd RB, Stephens Howling. That being said, I'm picking him up on my fantasy team this week.

Many people and several threads have been wondering this.

People should look back to the first page then for a reasonable explanation.

Part of the reason he has not been dressing on Sunday’s is because if he’s active for a certain number of games (I believe it’s 6) then we’ll owe Seattle a 6th rounder rather than a 7th. To us, the difference between the 2 picks is marginal but to the front office, it’s big. Definitely not worth it to just let him run a few gimmick plays.

We can call it the Jackson Offense or "Jack-Off" for short. As in "Oh happy day. It's time to watch the Bills' Jack-Off for 3 hours again."

HAHAHAHA Oh man... Hilarious!

Chan sucks.

Final Score: Arizona 37 Buffalo 10

Kolb: 270yds, 4TDs, INT,

Fitz: 148yds, 1TD, 3 INT, 1 Fum,

Fitzgerald: 5 catches for 100yds, 3 TD's

You forgot to add their 3rd string running back will have a new nfl record in rushing yards...

You forgot to add their 3rd string running back will have a new nfl record in rushing yards...

Man, if AZ beats the Bills in the air that will be one thing. But down 2 RBs and with that OL if they can abuse the Bills D on the ground like they have been the last 2 games then it really is time to re-plan my next 11 Sunday afternoons.

Edited by CodeMonkey

It is obvious a that Gailey isn't the answer, and it was no coincidence that nobody in the NFL had thought of him as a head coach in over a decade. In the 52 years of this franchise, Gailey has two of the franchise's 6 longest losing streaks, and the two longest in the past 27 years-in just 2 years of coaching. People criticize Jauron, Williams, Mularkey, etc. but they never lost like this guy does, and arguably never had the talent that he as this year.

Arizona has the 31st ranked rushing O and they are down to their 3rd RB, Stephens Howling. That being said, I'm picking him up on my fantasy team this week.

Wow. I totally forgot about Stephens-Howling. -This could be a longer day than I thought. LaRod Stephens-Howling was an absolute creature at Pitt. Extremely gifted downhill runner. Some juke, -Burst when he needs it, The fact that Wanny recruited both him and LeSean McCoy while at Pitt could work in our favor. -I doubt it though. Stephens -Howling has been waiting for a game like this to show what he can do. The guy can SCOOT. Stopping him could be problematic.

Many people and several threads have been wondering this.

Here's my theory. VY's presence on the sideline made Fitz very uncomfortable. Fitz knew that after one of his mult-pick horror-shows, the fans, AND THE MEDIA would be hounding Chan to give VY a chance.

While Vince was indeed BAD at times during preseason, his big arm and mobility gave him tremendous upside. -This is where Gailey's treachery becomes evident. -We all know that VY struggled with Chan's (excuse for an) offense. Still, Vince was capable of making plays outside Gailey's brutal blueprint for third-and-longs.

There was a chance that IF he were called upon, VY's ability to improvise, and extend drives would make a mockery of Chan's "complex" :lol: offense, and expose Fitz's meager talents as a QB.

VY had to go.

Chan couldn't risk him AND the QB he stuck-by being exposed as frauds. -Especially since he lobbied hard for Fitz's huge payday.

So, the short answer to why VY wasn't kept is a simple one. JOB SECURITY. -Both Gailey's and Fitzpatrick's. The theory also explains Thigpen's presence on our QB-laden roster. At the moment, Thigpen poses no threat to Fitz. -In fact he's a buddy. Thiggy is just a harmless and familiar face who's style of play poses no immediate threat to Gailey's "scheme".

However, things Change. :flirt:

I'm not so sure that Thiggy hasn't gotten better watching the train wreck that is Ryan Fitzpatrick. -It's a thought. It could be that these last two games have driven me mad, but at this point, I say WHY NOT THIGPEN? In my experience, situations like this one, can have bizarre endings. I'm up for anything. This team is just THAT BAD.

Edited by #34fan

Fitz = worst qb in the nfl. Chan and wanny = worst coaches in nfl

That = season over. What a shame us fans "billieved" a little too much in preseason. Stupid us

WTF is new? It happens one way or another every year this century. The Bills though will win the off season again next year if that's any consolation.

I understand starters get the majority of reps but its the coaching staffs job to get the backups prepared as well. Chan should be making it a point to get his backups reps in practice, that's just common sense.

If the QB coach isn't working with the backup QBs and putting in extra time then that's a big issue as well

I was never in favor of hiring Gailey but he has turned out to be even worse then I thought. I'm amazed how many bad coaches and staffs continue to get jobs in a league with only 32 teams

People should look back to the first page then for a reasonable explanation.

If it's reasonable to you, I'm glad.

It's not reasonable to me. If you're worried that much about the diff. between a 6th and 7th round draft choice, why trade for Tarvaris at all? Why not wait until he's cut, and other QB are cut, and pick him up then?

If it's reasonable to you, I'm glad.

It's not reasonable to me. If you're worried that much about the diff. between a 6th and 7th round draft choice, why trade for Tarvaris at all? Why not wait until he's cut, and other QB are cut, and pick him up then?

I haven't heard any other explanation, so to quote Mr. Spock ... "If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

As to why pick him. Thinking about next season maybe? Maybe Nix wants to make T-Jack the next anointed one? Your guess is as good as mine.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I haven't heard any other explanation, so to quote Mr. Spock ... "If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

As to why pick him. Thinking about next season maybe? Maybe Nix wants to make T-Jack the next anointed one? Your guess is as good as mine.

I'm starting to think this might be the case.