Is Stephon Gilmore a potential BUST?

Buffalo 66

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No I don't think so. He has shown enough. The whole D is collapsing all around him and our offense can't stay on the field. Tough to get an honest evaluation on his progress

Thanks for the input, I have not watched a lot of him this year! I loved the pick myself but he just seems confused and always looking to his teammates for help?

The dude just looks clueless out there! I realize it is only 5 games in to his rookie season, but he is not looking like a top ten pick! Just sayin!

Are you kidding me? That's a big stretch my friend. There's a lot of things to dislike about this team and this year, but he isn't one.

Edited by Triple Threat

Thanks for the input, I have not watched a lot of him this year! I loved the pick myself but he just seems confused and always looking to his teammates for help?

What should he look like, and maybe since you haven't watched him we can let you know if he meets your standards.

A lot like I said about Aaron Williams but in a different token cause Gilmore is a natural corner. The safeties are giving the corners no help and leaving williams and gilmore out to dry. No pass rush, no lb's, lost safeties and young corners and you're gonna get what we've seen pretty bad play all around.

What should he look like, and maybe since you haven't watched him we can let you know if he meets your standards.

He should look like he know's what the hell is going on out there! If I showed up to work screwing up all day and looking to my co workers for explanations with a deer in the headlights look on my face I would be unemployed and replaced before days end!

A lot like I said about Aaron Williams but in a different token cause Gilmore is a natural corner. The safeties are giving the corners no help and leaving williams and gilmore out to dry. No pass rush, no lb's, lost safeties and young corners and you're gonna get what we've seen pretty bad play all around.

Good post.

He should look like he know's what the hell is going on out there! If I showed up to work screwing up all day and looking to my co workers for explanations with a deer in the headlights look on my face I would be unemployed and replaced before days end!

He's a friggin rookie playing on a horrible defense. It's like if you were working at 7/11 with a bunch of High School flunkies and it was your first week. Trust me, you wouldn't be fired.

Also, you just posted earlier you haven't seen much of his play, so how do you know whether or not he looks like he knows what he's doing??

Trust me, he's the least of our worries on D right now.

He's a friggin rookie playing on a horrible defense. It's like if you were working at 7/11 with a bunch of High School flunkies and it was your first week. Trust me, you wouldn't be fired.

Also, you just posted earlier you haven't seen much of his play, so how do you know whether or not he looks like he knows what he's doing??

Trust me, he's the least of our worries on D right now.

Just looking for input thanks man! Makes sense!

The dude just looks clueless out there! I realize it is only 5 games in to his rookie season, but he is not looking like a top ten pick! Just sayin!

He bites on fakes. Makes rookie mistakes and also virtually locked down Lloyd v pats and Bowe v Cheifs. He Will be good if not great.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

He's got alot to work on, but parts of his game are excellent. When the defensive scheme allows him to utilize his strengths, and play physical in press coverage or when he makes tackles in space, he reminds me of a young Ty Law. Where he needs to improve is in learning how to control a receivers route both out of the cut on double moves and in forcing deep routes to the sideline on long passes to the boundary. He also needs to stop getting caught looking into the backfield when he's playing in man coverage and Cover 1, although truly awful saftey play by George Wilson has made him look much worse on sideline go routes than he's actually been.