If You Had A Chance To Say One Thing To Front Office

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see washington redskins.......i would make the same deal they did to move up and get a franchise QB......all they lost were #1 picks....NOT the salary cap space that goes with those unproven mid first round picks......they can use that salary cap space to sign a free agent instead.......all they did was essentially trade future #1's for future Free Agents.

We weren't in a position to make the same deal Washington did. Moving up 8 spots costs a LOT more than moving up only 4. Perhaps if we finish with a top 5 or 6 pick this year, we'll be in that position and if Nix feels that QB is there, I can see him pulling the trigger perhaps. We are STILL more than a great rookie QB away from being a contender though.

While I understand your point about filling lost positions with FAs, that's based on the assumption that there will BE a FA available at those positions AND whether or not that FA wants to sign with you. Those are two large assumptions.

GO BILLS!!!

We weren't in a position to make the same deal Washington did. Moving up 8 spots costs a LOT more than moving up only 4. Perhaps if we finish with a top 5 or 6 pick this year, we'll be in that position and if Nix feels that QB is there, I can see him pulling the trigger perhaps. We are STILL more than a great rookie QB away from being a contender though.

While I understand your point about filling lost positions with FAs, that's based on the assumption that there will BE a FA available at those positions AND whether or not that FA wants to sign with you. Those are two large assumptions.

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly! Besides, that is A LOT to invest in a single player, whose style of play could very well land him on IR. What is the Redskins' record again?

GO BILLS!!!

Who cares. An extremely small percentage of drafted players end up being very good to great players. If they gave up their entire 2012 draft picks and their next two number ones St. Louis would have done that deal in a second and the Bills would have had themselves a real NFL future.

Who cares. An extremely small percentage of drafted players end up being very good to great players. If they gave up their entire 2012 draft picks and their next two number ones St. Louis would have done that deal in a second and the Bills would have had themselves a real NFL future.

Do you not see the contradiction between your second and third sentences?

While I think RG3 has all the potential in the world and will be that guy, it's certainly within the realm of understanding why Nix would think that with THIS particular team at THIS particular moment, with THESE particular needs, giving up so many future building blocks might indeed jeopardize the very future we think RG3 guarantees.

GO BILLS!!!

I'd say:

"hey mind if I give it a shot?"

Few nuggets of what my moves would look like:

Never in a million years would have let Pat Williams/Antoine Winfield walk

Would have stayed away from Losman (loss is in the pronunciation of his name!)

Gone Leinart over Whitner (hey we can't all be perfect!)

Gone Orakpo over Maybin

Kept Greer over McGee

Of course hindsight is 20/20 (well minus the Leinart move) but I have to imagine I could do at least as well as the past few regimes - I can build a team that misses the playoffs for 12 straight years too (if not hopefully better)

the Bills woes begin with Russ Brandin. He was afraid to hire a young guy as GM back in '2010 to succedd his urtterly inept reign.Look at Wilson's comments from that press conference. Thus they went with a 70 year old rookie GM who's equally inept. Unfortunately their locked into a high payroll for talent that's mediocre at best.

Look for this team to win 4 more games and continue on their treadmill until Wilson dies. Unfortunately when he dies the team is gone.

I'd say:

Chan, Dave, it's time to get over ourselves.

Your game plans aren't fantastic enough nor are your players that good enough that you don't ever have to make in-game or halftime adjustments.

Adjustment wins and loses games.

Maybe he's never given them a single cent?

You don't have to give money to give support to a team. The Cat posts here a lot so I find it hard to believe he's not spent a penny on the Bills. But it not these days eyeballs=$$. I've not given the Bills a penny in a loooong time but I went to a Raiders game a couple of weeks ago. With revenue sharing I gave Ralph some $$.

Oh and BTW if it has not given a cent and still feels that way the Cat is a selfish mother !@#$er. I've not lived in WNY in 30 years but so want this team to win. Not for me but my family and friends still in WNY that bleed Bills red, white and blue.

Edited by Chef Jim