Bills Patriots Injury Report *Mankins OUT!!!*

Rockinon

This information comes from Cris Brown's Bills blog.

Patriots

WR Julian Edelman, OL Logan Mankins and TE Aaron Hernandez all failed to practice for a second straight day for the New England Patriots Thursday. DT Kyle Love was also a new addition with a knee injury. Here’s the updated Thursday report.

Did not practice

WR Julian Edelman – hand

DT Justin Francis – ankle

TE Aaron Hernandez – ankle

OL Logan Mankins – hip

Limited in practice

DE Brandon Deaderick – ankle

CB Alfonzo Dennard – hamstring

C Nick McDonald – shoulder

CB Sterling Moore – knee

RB Shane Vereen – foot

OT Sebastian Vollmer – back

DT Kyle Love – knee

Bills

Fred Jackson and C.J. Spiller were both limited participants in practice Thursday. Here’s the full rundown.

Did not practice

WR Ruvell Martin – ankle

Limited in practice

RB Fred Jackson – knee

CB Leodis McKelvin – groin

RB C.J. Spiller – shoulder

This is really turning out to be a pretty interesting matchup. Didn't realize how banged up the Pats were.

AS OF 9/28/2012 CHECK THESE LINKS

Check this link from the Buffalo News blog.

And this from Tim Graham concerning Mankins.

Gronkowski questionable with hip injury.

Video of what may be why Gronk is questionable.

What? No Gronk???

AS OF 9/29/2012 Nice Piece

Article by Bleacher Report.......I know but still a nice piece.

Chris Brown injury report.

Boston Herald injury report.

Rob Gronkowski injury puts Patriots offense in limbo.

Mankins unlikely to play according to this.

Mankins did not travel to Buffalo. He's out!!!!!!

If you don't Billieve, check this PFT report.

Right tackle Vollmer having back problems? OK, if I'm Bellicheat, I'm worried.

Edited by Rockinon

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting! It's good to see both Spiller and Jackson practicing. If they can be rotated in with Choice (neither should be made to carry the load if they aren't 90%), we might be able to stay alive on offense.

But the Patriots injury report is even more interesting. I think we all knew Hernandez would be out, but if Mankins and Edelman are out this week, that could lead to some possibilities. The Patriots already have a pretty banged up O-line, and they were using Gronk as a blocker in a lot of the Ravens game. (only 2 catches) Without Hernandez, their 2 TE formations aren't as effective, and they've been going 3 WR. If Edelman is out, they are going to be pretty far down their depth chart there as well.

Mankins is who I find interesting. If he can't go, their interior OL will be very weak. And our interior DL is all ready unstoppable.

Even if Mankins goes, his sore/injured hip will give him fits trying to stop the rush of Darius and Williams :thumbsup:

Edited by Heathcliff

Interesting! It's good to see both Spiller and Jackson practicing. If they can be rotated in with Choice (neither should be made to carry the load if they aren't 90%), we might be able to stay alive on offense.

But the Patriots injury report is even more interesting. I think we all knew Hernandez would be out, but if Mankins and Edelman are out this week, that could lead to some possibilities. The Patriots already have a pretty banged up O-line, and they were using Gronk as a blocker in a lot of the Ravens game. (only 2 catches) Without Hernandez, their 2 TE formations aren't as effective, and they've been going 3 WR. If Edelman is out, they are going to be pretty far down their depth chart there as well.

Belicheck is the biggest manipulator of injury reports in the league.

What's the deal with gronk? All of his numbers are down from last year. I know it's early but still on the field doesn't seem to be quite the force he used to be. Is he still bothered by the high ankle sprain ? Teams paying more attention to him? Whatever it is I hope he doesn't turn it around against us this week.

Brady will need to take a bath in liquid nitrogen before the game is over with....

This is what everyone said about Sanchez....Some unknown street pick up FA RT had the best of Mr. 100 Million....Talk is cheap...While this DL is jelling nicely, I think Brady knows how to move the chains. I am really worried about this game.

What's the deal with gronk? All of his numbers are down from last year. I know it's early but still on the field doesn't seem to be quite the force he used to be. Is he still bothered by the high ankle sprain ? Teams paying more attention to him? Whatever it is I hope he doesn't turn it around against us this week.

Combination of things, but recovery from the injury is likely not one of them.

A -- teams paying more attention to him

B -- Pats* OL not as strong and Gronk being asked to block (he's their best blocking TE as well)

C -- teams blitzing Pats* a bit more than in the past, so (see B)

D -- injury to Hernandez

Watch the miraculous recovery by Mankins. It's called Beli magic.

"Belicheck is the biggest manipulator of injury reports in the league."

Yuuup! B-) Watch how the mad-genius performs his medical miracles and these guys are up and ready to go at 1:00 PM on Sunday.

Regardless, I like our chances on Sunday.

Gronk now listed on injury report.

In addition to Gronkowski, the Patriots list nine other players as questionable. They are: Defensive end Brandon Deaderick, who's a new addition to the report with an ankle injury, cornerback Alfonzo Dennard (hamstring), defensive tackle Justin Francis (ankle), defensive tackle Kyle Love (knee), guard Logan Mankins (hip), offensive lineman Nick McDonald (shoulder), cornerback Sterling Moore (knee), running back Shane Vereen (foot) and offensive tackle Sebastian Vollmer (back). Deaderick and Mankins did not practice today, the rest were limited.